General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Maybe I should stop being ecstatic over how well I think I performed today and start questioning life to figure out how I am gonna pass tomorrow... Fuck I hate the concept of writing 3 essays in 2 hours :(

mkristie

HSC
So what does everyone think they got /45?
Maybe around 37? I feel confident with my essay and unseen (expecting between 13-15 for both, wrote 7 pages for both if I remember correctly) but creative tho lol I fucked up my time real bad (my exam time management is terrible) and got 3 pages of utter bullshit down in 15~ minutes. Regret is strong, but it's over. Gonna make up for it in paper two hopefully.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Paper One was pretty good generally except one thing
fucking margaret atwood that piece of shit poem took me so long to just comprehend and the timing threw me off, meaning i had to rush through my creative (although the one i had prepared fit in well with the stimulus)
the essay question i loved, but not too sure how the actual essay went
oh well , i was just excited to have it over with
now to get annihilated by paper 2 :D

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
also shout out to our lovely supervisors who of course got the timing wrong and led everyone to think they had 10 more minutes to finish than they actually did, ensuing several curses and a panicked frenzy

Angel_HSC

HSC
Literally was down to the last 5 mins and had to finish my answers in dot points for Section 1

atargainz

HSC
kinda hoping for 39+/45, expecting 13-15 for creative and essay and I kinda fucked up the time management with the unseens so 12+ would be nice

FightingSmile64

HSC
I think i did one of my best creative writings and the essay was challenging but i think i pulled it off. Texts were tempest and blade runner - rekt. S1 was my worst didnt finish q4 lucky to get one, should have studied

Probs
S1 8
S2 12ish
S3 12ish

So around 32/45. Trials i got 36 so very disappointed with myself. At least my rank is 3rd

biocrazy

HSC
Section 1 - okayish... always my weakest! ...They sure do love Margaret Atwood though!

Section 2 - Kind of weird - I used the middle stimulus and wrote about books being able to transport you places, but I probably didn't do as well as I could have.

Section 3 - Loved the question! Worked quite well with my question and I think I did a pretty good job of not regurgitating my essay haha

Overall, English is my weakest subject so I'm not aiming high haha! Bring on bio and maths next week!!!

And I'm laughing at those who wrote 10+ pages and finished with extra time! What even are you?!!!

Physicklad

HSC
yo you know for linking between related and core texts in essay can you do the synthesis as part of the topic sentences? is it enough to do it just there?

AntarcticMonkeys

HSC
my creative was weird a f - it was about reading international literature and learning about other cultures and people's struggles, obvs inspired by the guy in the magic book-mobile

jakewist

HSC
Creative was cringy.. ahah something i would never ever read want to re-read.

Spent around 45minutes on essay - 9 pages
Spent around 35 minutes on creative - 6 pages
And spent 30 minutes ish on short answers
Short answers was what i found hard in paper 1 ;(

KotaBear99

HSC
Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was completely prepared to totally flunk after I only just passed my Paper 1 Trial for English Advanced. I only wrote 3 pages in my discovery essay during trials. Yesterday, I wrote 8 pages in half an hour. I didn't plan much either but I used my arguments, my quotes and techniques...I did myself proud. Wasn't too fond of Section I but it is what it is. Seeing all the memes about it kinda of made me feel better. I'm sure you all did fine guys!

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
S1. Unseen is always pretty hit and miss for me, but I felt pretty confident yesterday. However it did take me a bit longer than usual, particularly Texts 3 and 4. Guessing I got 13+

S2. Historically my strongest. I'm happy with my story and feel as though I linked the prompt in nice enough - I used the guy cycling through the air lol. Hard to guess marks because creative is so subjective but for trials I got 14/15 for the same story so fingers crossed!

S3. I did fine here, too. I remembered all of my quotes and deconstruction, and feel like I answered the question sufficiently - it was pretty broad, considering. If anything, maybe it was too short (6 pages). Hoping for 12+

All in all I finished right on time lol, I took a little longer than expected for unseen and creative, but I wrote the essay really quickly so turns out I didn't need the extra time anyways. I'd be happy with 40/45 :)

Mythos

HSC
Smashed everything but the essay. I finished it but didn't get much time for synthesis. Left out the conclusion because that's pointless.
I didn't time myself but I had like 2 minutes left over.
skipped conclusion? gg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)