General thoughts- Extension 1 maths (1 Viewer)

cuddlepie2008

HSC
wooooo no binomial theorem. i was stressing over that on the tuesday night cause i had absolutely no idea how to do it. just didnt click. so thank god there was none of that in there!

pyrrha

resident fury
HSC
N/A
cuddlepie2008 said:
wooooo no binomial theorem. i was stressing over that on the tuesday night cause i had absolutely no idea how to do it. just didnt click. so thank god there was none of that in there!
It's always depressing when an exam completely ignores one of the more challenging topics in the syllabus. Predictably enough, Question 7 was projectile motion and Question 6 was simple harmonic motion. The entire examination was much too easy.

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
lol i couldn't be fucked trying to learn binomial again the night before seeing as i just didnt really pay that much attention to it in class cos we did it after the trial. SO happy :) that there wasn't a question on it. WOOT!

i didnt touch q 7 no time. oh well i do twelve units.

Tsuska

HSC
Accidentally screwed up last question on Question 6....and probably the probability questions too (haha...). Then again I didn't bother to do any of the probability chapter...hmm or any of the chapters...or any of 3u...lol

And by that I mean:

EPIC FAIL!

75 or 99!

HSC
oh my god... jus wanna kick myself i realised that the circle geometry question i got it right but i was luking at the wrong angle and thought i got it completely wrong so i crossed it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did anyone else not have enuf time to do question 7 and what the f was with the inverse functions/simultaneously equation question did anyone else go around in circles?

powerdrive

HSC
75 or 99! said:
did anyone else not have enuf time to do question 7 and what the f was with the inverse functions/simultaneously equation question did anyone else go around in circles?
Yeh i also ran out of time with q7, and the last part of the projectile motion q, the wording confused me- "Show that, if the paintball passes through the hole, the range is"- yeh the bit in bold here got me confused, and then straight after the exam someone told me you just had to make the equation of the trajectory equal zero! grrr...

With the inverse simult. equation q, you just had to add the two equations together, so the inverse cos's cancel out, and you're left with 4 inverse sin x equals pi, and then you just solve for x and y from there.

I think i'll get around 70ish/84. My internal mark was 47/50, so i'm hoping my final mark will be around there, what do you guys think i could get?

Ellzz

HSC
all i can say is q5 made my day!
screw anything after that.
=D

but honestly, i think ee1 was myworst and yet most satisfiying exam- as strange as that might sound lol

Watever i get i'll be content with it.

yhamam

HSC
FromDeeEast said:
qu 3a) i was the induction

3bi) was the inverse 1 dur

before HSC/afterHSC

Standard english: 84/73
Physics:58/74
Chemistry:54/73
Maths(extension 1):84/92
Maths(extension2):43/72

U

yhamam

HSC
FromDeeEast said:
qu 3a) i was the induction

3bi) was the inverse 1 dur

before HSC/afterHSC

Standard english: 84/73
Physics:58/74
Chemistry:54/73
Maths(extension 1):84/92
Maths(extension2):43/72

U did great as well.

yhamam

HSC
75 or 99! said:
oh my god... jus wanna kick myself i realised that the circle geometry question i got it right but i was luking at the wrong angle and thought i got it completely wrong so i crossed it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are u indian? Any way, the inverse function question was so f... hard that i had no clue. I got 94% in the HSC, what did u get. Why was there no BINOMIAL THEROM?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
i got 49/50

Inverse + SMH + Projectiles were my fav topic :)

i didnt get state ranking though :(

im burning :(

johnnypaul

HSC
I got 46/50, I thought I was gonna fail it too. Prolly only answered 75% of the test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)