General Thoughts - General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

kiwi

HSC
tessery said:
But did it say that the range was 6 less than twice the value of x?

so, we all know the range is 20, so double x needs to be 26
so then then median has to be half that, which is 13 - right? then the interquartile range was 18-6 = 12. so i put d....lol hopefully thats right, i could very well be wrong xox
yeah exactly right. sorry to the others.

HSC
I fucked it pretty bad, i was actually prepared for it as well!

I did the 06 paper yesterday and got 90%, so i went in pretty confident to pwn some arse but it didnt work out...

I ran out of time by like 20 minutes and ended up not attempting like 10 marks, i would have completely fucked up about 10 marks worth in section II, and then theres the 5 or so multiple choice i got wrong. Im pretty cut, was looking for a big score...

Whatev's. No more maths eveeer.

:.* Mardi *.:

HSC
Yeh i apologize sorry bout that guyz. I underestimated your standards and u broncos guy. just shut up. It's a free world out there man. And i just can't believe i ripped that exam hard. I just cant control my joy u know. well, im sorry to the other guyz who may hav f@#ked up that paper but hope u guyz do betta in the other exams.....Aim low guyz and achieve high!

:) Raghav Garg (First preference - Medicine at UNSW - got interview)

2nd pref - Law/Business at UTS

3rd pref - Engineering / Business at UTS
For someone like you who wishes to study Medicine on a first preference, why would you do General maths? Seems to me that to do medicine, you need not only the biology side of things, but also a high maths mark- ie: 2 Unit, 3 Unit.
Would make more sense anyway.

I didn't find to exam easy, but I didn't find it fully hard. I stumbled over a few questions. I didn't do the graph because I was running out of time and it was only work 2 marks. A few other questions I skipped too because time seemed to go VERY fast.

I was glad I didn't have to be forever writing my student number in this one though. :D

HSC
Most people at my school thought it was hard. I thought it was easier than 2006. Nothing in there seemed to be that hard.

timovann

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
SEE THE FUNNY THING ABOUT THAT IS....ur an egotystical loser who gets ur kicks by putting other people down. i hope for ur sake u fail then we can ALL see u burn and die. This forum wasnt here for smartasses like u to make the rest of us feel like shyt. just because we may not all get 95+ EVENTHOUGH ITS VERY DOUBTFUL THAT U URSELF WILL GET SUCH A MARK...does not give u the right to make other people including myself feel like shyt. good day to u and i hope u live a very happy life alone cause i doubt people would want to associate with ur narrow-minded ass. *waves goodbye*
couldent agree more - i hope that guy gets in the 40s or something

cocky bitch - get a freikin life man

N

noir.

That was the worst fucking exam ever.

Oh, what raw mark is needed for a band 5? Anyone know?

Jerruy

HSC
my tip for my mark in 88 raw. What is that scaled? 60?

N

noir.

Jerruy said:
my tip for my mark in 88 raw. What is that scaled? 60?
What are you talking about? Marks get aligned UP.

88 aligned would put you in the band 6 range.

HSC
Mm band 6... what i wouldn't give for one of those.....
lol. i'll probally get like 4's in the school cert i got 3's and 4.

HSC
wrxsti said:
You seem like a real dickhead, some people may have found it hard, try doing 3unit or 4unit math then start acting like a hotshot, your just pathetic.
I seriosuly hope u fail.
Agreed. Ultimatley, you sat the same test as the rest of us, studied the same concepts. There is nothing that puts you ahead of anyone else here. You are not the only onw in the state who is going to do well in general, so get off your high horse already. You have nothing to brag about except your own pig-headed attitude.

HSC
who needs to get off their high horse?
and i'm pretty sure someone else from a different school woulda flogged your ass lol. i jokes.
i dunno but they mighta... you never know.... well you do when you get the results.. kinda.. =]

joshwilliams88

HSC
I'm a little annoyed with how i went in the exam to be honest. I just got stuck on some questions and as soon as i walked out i looked at the paper and they came to me. It is true though that if i am the top rank i get the highest mark anyway? if anyone could answer that for me i would very much appreciate it.

N

noir.

joshwilliams88 said:
I'm a little annoyed with how i went in the exam to be honest. I just got stuck on some questions and as soon as i walked out i looked at the paper and they came to me. It is true though that if i am the top rank i get the highest mark anyway? if anyone could answer that for me i would very much appreciate it.
Yep you get the top mark if you're ranked first and you also get your mark.

50% of each.

nearlythere...

HSC
A lot of people at my school seemed to find it kina of hard.

I thought it was relatively easy...

maybe becuase our teachers set a really hard trial for us so I was expecting the worst and went in and was a bit like 'hey, I know this stuff'.

I wish there had been more financial stuff though, thats the one topic I always ace.

The thing I didn't do was the graph, mostly because I started it, then realised I stuff up and couldn't be bothered to go back and re-do it. Maybe I'll get one mark for attempting it (getting the measurements right or something, lol).

all in all, it was a good exam, especially considering i did no where near as much study as i should have.

hoca pontis

HSC
wrxsti said:
You seem like a real dickhead, some people may have found it hard, try doing 3unit or 4unit math then start acting like a hotshot, your just pathetic.
I seriosuly hope u fail.

i agree with you wrxti...
i know i dont do general maths, i do 2 unit, but the attitude you've got will never get you anywhere in life...
have you ever heard of someone being so confident that they dodnt even realise how hard the exam was? there's a very good chance that person could be you, so watch out.
its all fair for you to be confident, but its not right for you to be so up and whiffy about it...and morally degrading those that arent as confident.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ashleypage said:
It was a good exam. Nothing very hard at all.
I agree. Anyone who went in prepared should ace this exam however, in my case....

LOLFAIL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)