Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How''d you find the exam? Share our thoughts here

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
Easy test, but 8 mark was a bit challenging. Hated the Cuc Phuong topographic map, took so much time to fine "da-river' thought HSC was trolling me.

jessxxr

HSC
-discuss the factors that place ecosystems at risk. in your answer refer to both an ecosystem you have studied and the ecosystem presented on pages 2 and 3 of the stimulus booklet

-analyse the role of world cities in the operation of global networks

-explain the spatial patterns and the possible future directions of an economic activity you have studied

WorryWartCob

HSC
multi = okay.
-
forgot how to do terniary graphs
-
short answer = troll'd me hard

-
change instead of stress WHAT THE FUCK, linkages, world cities, obviously there is a need for provisions.. its so rwseijf.
-
extended - meh
-
ran out of stuff to write

thinking 70... hopefully...

jniranjan

HSC
Yeah lol, 'da river' I think i did alright in that question. I did 26, then i pondered for a good 5 mins on whether i should do 25 or 24, and i ended up doing 25. I'm not sure if it was the best choice though. For 25, i talked about economic/cultural authoirty, airports, reduction in tariffs, and communication technologies. 4 pages for 26, 3.5 for 25, although i have relatively small hand writing.

jessxxr

HSC
i really liked my response for 26 about tourism, im hoping for maybe an 18, but my one for world cities was kinda lackluster hahah, hopefully they dont mark too hard, maybe a 14 for it? i dnooooo :(

WorryWartCob

HSC
i really liked my response for 26 about tourism, im hoping for maybe an 18, but my one for world cities was kinda lackluster hahah, hopefully they dont mark too hard, maybe a 14 for it? i dnooooo :(
what do you write about for tourism :S?

jessxxr

HSC
what do you write about for tourism :S?
like the spatial patterns, how western europe and north america where the main destination regions for a while, but how that's all changed now and pretty much any country is accessible due to changing technology and the development of routes but those are still the main 2 regions, how people go to different regions in search for different experiences, the global affairs that have affected tourism spatial patterns i.e. 9/11 and gfc and my teacher gave us a whole booklet on present and future trends of tourism so i just incorporated a lot of that stuff, how china is moving up in the ranks, how south africa experienced an increase due to hosting FIFA etc etccc

s_bilgrami89

HSC
dude wtf with that ecosystems one
theres no where near enough to write about, and theres no way to relate cuc phong to anything
lengths of essays?

Stretch21

HSC
Multi - Pretty hard (compared to previous ones), some questions were WTF?
Short - The wording was just bullshit, this counts for most of the test as well (more on this later)
Essays - Pretty shitty questions, reckon I went well in them though, wrote what I wanted and had no major errors.

Ok this is constant throughout Geography. When a questions states "... refer to an ecosystem you have studied, does it mean a ecosystem in general, ie An Inter-tidal Wetland, or does it mean your case study for ecosystems. Bullshit question and wording!

Expected this to be pretty hard as last year it was very kind.

sthickett

HSC
Multiple choice were pretty straight forward and hardly any skills were included which I was VERY pleased to see.
Short answers I found were worded a little odd, but i found them quite easy, filled up all the lines plus more very easily.
Extended responses, I did question 24 on ecosystem, the question didnt ask for much which left me only writing one booklet and I was pushing it and question 25 was very straight forward.

I found it overall a very easy exam, but we will see with my marks!

Ctalke

HSC
Multiple choice - Too easy
Short answer - Was worded a bit wierd but i managed to fill up the lines gladly.
Extended respons - I did ecosystems and operations in a global network. Wrote 2 booklets for the first and 2 for the global :)

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
i did Q24 and Q26, 25 was way too hard. Q24 was a bit weird, factors which cause ecosystem to become vulnerable are location,extent and biodiversity. However since we have to relate to the stimulus it didn't mention anything about biodiversity, even if you look at the map it doesn't give a transect graph of type of vegetation. So that kind of put me off track.

s_bilgrami89

HSC
dude if we got something as easy as the 2010 paper i would have ripped that shit

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
Short response was easy!
The ecosystem long response was challenging a repeat of the 2000 paper.. I think
As for skills.. no comment

Politic

HSC
N/A
Short response was easy!
The ecosystem long response was challenging a repeat of the 2000 paper.. I think
As for skills.. no comment
Why no comment for skills?
And what other long response did you do and what were your thoughts of it?

jensymalone

HSC
i hated the entire exam - i was aiming for a band 6, now i'm thinking a low band 5. mutliple choice relativly hard, as were the short answers. in preparation for the long response i had writen like 15 essays, so to make it easier on myself i then discarded the questions from the last two exams, figuring they wouldnt repeat questions. this was a terrible idea as 2 of the 3 questions in this years exam were from 2009. i hate you board of studies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)