General thoughts: HSC chemistry 2015 (1 Viewer)

Ekman

HSC
So what do you think about aligning... Better than last year?
I personally thought this years exam was harder than last years, so hopefully marking isnt too harsh

Ekman

HSC
lol this is what threw me off. I thought K wouldnt change since no temperature change but then i saw 3 marks and didnt think id get it with that. So i did the calculation wrong and think i got around 5.3...
What initially threw me off was the change in volume. Because im used to having everything in terms of molL-1 and working with that, but a change in volume kinda messed everything up as I didnt know whether I should divide the change in moles by the new volume or old volume, and whether the initial conditions should be in terms of the old volume or new volume. So I ended up using moles instead of molL-1 and divided the final amount by 2 and used those concentrations and got 10.6

I97

HSC
What initially threw me off was the change in volume. Because im used to having everything in terms of molL-1 and working with that, but a change in volume kinda messed everything up as I didnt know whether I should divide the change in moles by the new volume or old volume, and whether the initial conditions should be in terms of the old volume or new volume. So I ended up using moles instead of molL-1 and divided the final amount by 2 and used those concentrations and got 10.6
Yeah i didnt get a chance to check over that question, but i made sure doing it to just write out the expression for K so i should get 1/3. Really that was the only difficult question in industrial and only difficult/less common type of calculation in the exam

hawkrider1

HSC
N/A
What? I thought that was an unusually easy exam. I just spewed out answers left and right.
It wasn't hard they just honed in on areas of the syllabus students often neglect. I guess it's to distinguish those who know the course content well from those who just brush over it. Do you think you state ranked?

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
It wasn't hard they just honed in on areas of the syllabus students often neglect. I guess it's to distinguish those who know the course content well from those who just brush over it. Do you think you state ranked?
I have no idea. I don't know how this works. I am pretty confident my minimum raw mark would be about 94. (Silly mistakes are bound to occur.) I only need an 87 aligned though, so anything I get above is just a bonus.

And yes, I memorized every nook and cranny of the syllabus, lol.

I97

HSC
Did they atleast let you take the option/MC home lol
No, MC was straight forward really, similar types of questions/calculations in it to previous years

hawkrider1

HSC
N/A
I have no idea. I don't know how this works. I am pretty confident my minimum raw mark would be about 94. (Silly mistakes are bound to occur.) I only need an 87 aligned though, so anything I get above is just a bonus.

And yes, I memorized every nook and cranny of the syllabus, lol.
For that exam 94 raw will align to at least 97, which I'm pretty sure is a state rank. Well it paid off to learn those obscure areas. I wish I put a little more effort there haha

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
For that exam 94 raw will align to at least 97, which I'm pretty sure is a state rank. Well it paid off to learn those obscure areas. I wish I put a little more effort there haha
I did not expect that at all, lol. I kept thinking that they'll be really evil like what they did with a lot of my exams, so I studied the small details.

The exam becomes a luck game if you're a normal procrastinating person like me who begins studying the day before. I guess I won the lottery in exams?

Fingers crossed.

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
anyone have the K question??? i recon the K bring the same is right but I forgot the question's wording...

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
and what did anyone get for the water quality multiple choice question??!

Ekman

HSC
and what did anyone get for the water quality multiple choice question??!
Can't remember of I put A or C
I put A. Reasoning, the sample was next to a farm and a town. So turbidity and BOD from fertiliser run off from the farm, and sewage from the town. Also the sample was right next to an ocean, so it had high levels of TDS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)