General thoughts: HSC chemistry 2015 (1 Viewer)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
for the ozone thing did you guys put ground spectrophotometers? i was wondering whehter to put ground or satellite

HecticLad

HSC
and what did anyone get for the water quality multiple choice question??!
dunno what letter it was but it was the one with high turbidity & BOD and low pH, the cleared farmland would cause lots of erosion and their fertilizers would up the BOD, and decomposition of the organic matter would generate co2 and increase acidity

Ekman

HSC
for the ozone thing did you guys put ground spectrophotometers? i was wondering whehter to put ground or satellite
I talked about direct measurements from ozonesonades attached to hot air balloons or high flying aircrafts, which measure the ozone concentration directly. I did this because the results given in the table were in Dobson Units and the ozonesonades measure in Dobson units directly.

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
I'm devastated there's no back titration or any hard calculations in core... (minus the K in option)

helloimyellow

HSC
what was the answer to reliability in MC? i said to test different pond sites from same place because my teacher said simply repeating experiment will improve measurability of reliability but not actually improve reliability

jeremydang

HSC
N/A
Exam was alright like some of the questions were a bit weird but the rest was fine. What was K for industrial chem 3mrker?
I got 15.3. Don't know if its the correct answer though

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
what was the answer to reliability in MC? i said to test different pond sites from same place because my teacher said simply repeating experiment will improve measurability of reliability but not actually improve reliability
i said same ponds, cause the experiment was for the one pond site, another pond site would just be a whole new experiment

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
what were the options?? I just remembered doing A.... if it was repeat from the same pond then I did that one...

gekdawi

HSC
Guys i know this might be a dumb question, but was the apparatus in the MC to use was a burette or pipette?

HecticLad

HSC
i said same ponds, cause the experiment was for the one pond site, another pond site would just be a whole new experiment
yeah this is what i put i think, i think there was a past physics question i think that asked a similar thing about improving reliability and the correct answer was repeating it, even though it only really tests reliability

HecticLad

HSC
Guys i know this might be a dumb question, but was the apparatus in the MC to use was a burette or pipette?
i chose burette, the "transfering into a solution of known volume" kinda gave it away

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
For the indicator question did you guys use the red cabbage one?

+ How are they going to allocate marks to the two marker below that?

jeremydang

HSC
N/A
46.9% if I remember it correctly. What did you get for concentration of sodium hydroxide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)