General Thoughts: Information Processes and Technology (1 Viewer)

tomjocksilva

HSC
5 Markers in TPS and Multimedia were so poorly worded and vague, surprising lack of diagrams too compared to last year. Hopefully IPT cohort will do well this year.

antounbros

HSC
apparently everyone found it to be a decent exam tbh

but the better everyone does, the worse itll be

Simile

HSC
N/A
I don't understand what type of marking criteria they are going to use to mark the 5 marker - anything realistic could be right.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I don't understand what type of marking criteria they are going to use to mark the 5 marker - anything realistic could be right.
i think that the 5 marks could be like this:

1- States or identifies an aspect or quality of the TPS or Multimedia System
2- Shows understanding of the way that the current system works
3- Describes a context where the current TPS or Multimedia system could be used
4- Clearly describes a context where the current TPS or Multimedia system could be used
5- Clearly discusses a context where the current TPS or Multimedia system could be used with a understanding of how it would work/ issues/ idk

they like to keep it general. the markers might as well mark randomly because the wording is useless in conveying meaning.

Simile

HSC
N/A
Well, this is what I wrote

I wrote like you can use it in the context of the clothing shop, so when you buy clothes, it can store information about costs, size, what season, how much, information like that to be stored on the database. I went on like further this can be used by OLAP for data mining and stuff for trend analysis stuff , because of the question before was about data mining. How much marks would that be?. I wrote like 2 pages, so there is more, basic outline.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Well, this is what I wrote

I wrote like you can use it in the context of the clothing shop, so when you buy clothes, it can store information about costs, size, what season, how much, information like that to be stored on the database. I went on like further this can be used by OLAP for data mining and stuff for trend analysis stuff , because of the question before was about data mining. How much marks would that be?. I wrote like 2 pages, so there is more, basic outline.
ok well, firstly, i ain't no HSC marker and as much as i can try to think like one, i ain't ever gonna be one. so sorry bro, i cant tell you exactly how many marks.

well, is this for TPS or multimedia. Im going to guess its for TPS.

Did you mention RFID. I think that in an earlier post you said you didnt.
if we use my made-up guidlines (hehe) then let's see how you went:

- you did that by saying the storing costs and OLAP

- data base queries for data mining beccause thats what the dog tag system did

- yes because its a clothing shop - i.e a different context

4- Clearly describes a context where the current TPS or Multimedia system could be used
idk what the difference is between these two, so idk. depends on your style of writing or whatever.

5- Clearly discusses a context where the current TPS or Multimedia system could be used with a understanding of how it would work/ issues/ idk
- depends on what sort of detail. if youtalked about adv/disv then thats good, idk tho.

so maybe 3-5 marks??? IDK HONESTLY

Lithone

HSC
well last years was REALLY easy, like incredibly easy. Asked you to draw a gantt chat for 4 marks or something, so i was pretty terrified that this would be a really hard test to overcompensate. But actually it was a little bit harder, with more bs-ing involved, but thats ok sometimes lol
I did IPT accel last year, and imo this year's paper was actually a bit easier than last year's - all the questions were generally straightforward
IPT 2013 was just like DRAWING DIAGRAMS OVERLOAD for every single question and the mark allocation was weird lol

Simile

HSC
N/A
ok well, firstly, i ain't no HSC marker and as much as i can try to think like one, i ain't ever gonna be one. so sorry bro, i cant tell you exactly how many marks.

well, is this for TPS or multimedia. Im going to guess its for TPS.

Did you mention RFID. I think that in an earlier post you said you didnt.
if we use my made-up guidlines (hehe) then let's see how you went:

- you did that by saying the storing costs and OLAP

- data base queries for data mining beccause thats what the dog tag system did

- yes because its a clothing shop - i.e a different context

idk what the difference is between these two, so idk. depends on your style of writing or whatever.

- depends on what sort of detail. if youtalked about adv/disv then thats good, idk tho.

so maybe 3-5 marks??? IDK HONESTLY
Any input is appreciated

Simile

HSC
N/A
I did IPT accel last year, and imo this year's paper was actually a bit easier than last year's - all the questions were generally straightforward
IPT 2013 was just like DRAWING DIAGRAMS OVERLOAD for every single question and the mark allocation was weird lol
It was very broad- this years paper. Last year's paper was also fine.

lebomatic

HSC
People doing it this year will say this year was easier just cause they're doing it now and they encountered some parts which were hard for them which made them "harder"

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
i just did accelerated ipt this year... maybe we go to the same school? unless you go to a co ed.

hehe i actually like drawing diagrams, idk im a creative person so if you ask me to draw some input screens or data views in a database ill be very happy. Here there was just that one context diagram for like 2 marks (?) so yeah :( i wouldve liked more but oh well
true last year's allocation was strange

idk i guess i didnt study the different databases enough so the questions of the online and distributed databses i forgot and spammed the book with whatever i could remember.... :L

Lithone

HSC
i just did accelerated ipt this year... maybe we go to the same school? unless you go to a co ed.

hehe i actually like drawing diagrams, idk im a creative person so if you ask me to draw some input screens or data views in a database ill be very happy. Here there was just that one context diagram for like 2 marks (?) so yeah :( i wouldve liked more but oh well
true last year's allocation was strange

idk i guess i didnt study the different databases enough so the questions of the online and distributed databses i forgot and spammed the book with whatever i could remember.... :L
Do you go to a top 10 selective??

I think I'm the opposite haha, data flow diagrams were always one of my mortal enemies and guess what - HSC 5 MARKER DFD >_>

Hahaha yep, ipt is like 90% regurgitating the syllabus
I didn't study that much for ipt tbh ^^"

People doing it this year will say this year was easier just cause they're doing it now and they encountered some parts which were hard for them which made them "harder"
True...but personal prejudice exists in every subject (or at least most) for like every year :)
exhibit A: kitty and diagrams!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Do you go to a top 10 selective??

I think I'm the opposite haha, data flow diagrams were always one of my mortal enemies and guess what - HSC 5 MARKER DFD >_>

Hahaha yep, ipt is like 90% regurgitating the syllabus
I didn't study that much for ipt tbh ^^"

True...but personal prejudice exists in every subject (or at least most) for like every year :)
exhibit A: kitty and diagrams!
Yup, top 10 school...

haha its so weird being called kitty! that was my year 6 nickname!! but yeah :p i got a thang fo dem diagremz

bongoli

HSC
IPT felt comparatively easier than previous years, probably because i'm so used to seeing these complex scenarios requiring you to draw crap and formulate shit with out of the box asnwers. I still lost quite a bit of marks here and there, spreadsheet + the authoring question killed me (purely because those were the only two things that i forgot to go over >.<) uhhh oh well shouldn't be too bad hmm

lebomatic

HSC
IPT felt comparatively easier than previous years, probably because i'm so used to seeing these complex scenarios requiring you to draw crap and formulate shit with out of the box asnwers. I still lost quite a bit of marks here and there, spreadsheet + the authoring question killed me (purely because those were the only two things that i forgot to go over >.<) uhhh oh well shouldn't be too bad hmm
I feel as though they are making the exams easier because they want more people doing IPT. Seems to have somewhat progessively gotten easier since 07/08, especially in terms of no. of band 6s.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I feel as though they are making the exams easier because they want more people doing IPT. Seems to have somewhat progessively gotten easier since 07/08, especially in terms of no. of band 6s.
yeah its weird, my school is even eliminating IPT from the curriculum. my year was the last grade to ever do IPT. now they're moving on the SDD and possibly going to accelerate that.

astroman

HSC
any1 wanna help me with a few questions i have regarding an IPT project?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)