General Thoughts: IPT (1 Viewer)

mirinbrah1

HSC
LOL Glad to know everyone else found it fairly hard, thought some parts were pretty easy but some parts were extremely tough. Was the last one left sitting in the exam room at the end, thought at the time it was because I was going really bad but turns out everyone left becuase they gave up lol.

Multiple choice was easy but stuff asking about emerging technologies for multimedia systems was tough, could only think of touch screen technology for that one.

mickk794

HSC
The MC was easy. But some of the questions weren't as good as i would have thought. You didn't need anything past basic knowledge to get a mark of at least 70%.
+ There was hardly any technical quetsions.

Sean x

HSC
To examiners (BOS)
I know you horrible sad people will be reading this....
You need to use better english when u write an exam....! Srsly, check multimedia's second last question and TPS's last question......
My thoughts EXACTLY

When I got to the question I was like wtf? That can be interpreted in sooooo many ways.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The test was easy, I did the multiple choice in 5 minutes.

rsagar

HSC
Uni Grad
This paper was the hardest IPT Paper ever written...

True 90% of the syllabus wasn't in the exam and since
our school have stopped IPT (our year was the last year
to do IPT) This year's year 11 have started Industrial Technology: Multimedia
This paper was jaw dropping srsly. I started with my options (TPS and Multimedia)
and just was gobsmacked by all Q's except a few

:argue: :chainsaw:

ChrisLLL

HSC
All i remember is that one question in MM with the words 'Media' was confusing as hell. I wrote literally 3 different answers

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone be kind enough to post the MC answers with the paper. I wana see how I went as I ended up getting alot of B's as the answers.

habitres

HSC
Here are the multiple choice answer I got for the paper. After the exam my friend and I went through the multiple choice and we got exactly the same answers. Hopefully 20/20 for this section. Note these may not be 100% correct but I am fairly sure they are.
1. A
2. A
3. D
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. B
8. D
9. B
10. B
11. B
12. B
13. C
14. D
15. B
16. B
17. A
18. A
19. C
20. A

Heydosaurus

HSC
I believe that I have bullshat my way to at least a late 80's. Multiple choice was very easy, even if I know for a fact now that I have stuffed two of them up. The core stuff was pretty easy, you just had to think about the question for a bit longer than the previous papers before providing a solution. I think that I may have lost a mark or two in a couple of the five markers, in particular the one on question 24 and the one on the multimedia option.

As for the options, I was pretty content with my answers. Automated Manufacturing Systems was a dream come true, and Multimedia Systems was a nice way to cool down before the end, although b) iii) was worded like horse shit and I was pressing hard for time with b) iv) and sorta rushed it a bit.

I think that this exam was hugely different to the past papers in that it threw really general questions at you without specifically stating what syllabus points to refer to. Still, I was able to apply my knowledge of the syllabus to most questions and could identify which parts of the syllabus were being quizzed. Maybe I'm too confident and will end up with something in the 70's, haha. We shall see...

ChrisLLL

HSC
LOl bro AMS was a dream come true. Lucky i Prepared for TPS,MM & AMS. All those sensor questions were easy. What did you write for the question about the Control Centre and IPTRobot in AMS?

benson827

HSC
This had to be quite honestly the most poorly written exam for the subject in past few years. Going through the past 5 years of past papers, even though as many of us already know, the syllabus is not very succint in showing the exact extent to which we have to understand the dotpoints. However, I felt like today's exam did not reflect the efforts one has put into the subject for the duration of the two years but rather assists in ppl who have no coherent knowledge of the subject but rather are able to waffle.

There was just an sense of unsatisfaction with the way the questions were presented and the scenarios failing to target the knowledge within the confines of this subject. I truly believe that the BOS really need to reevaluate the scope, aim and extent to which students are expected to perform. Rather than taking questions which are dependent on an ambiguous waffle, answers should reflect our abilities and in which we can apply our knowledge and thus benefit our future information technology endeavors.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have the paper and I shall scan it ASAP :p

_Arsenal_

HSC
For the last question in MM I talked about how hypermedia systems such as websites and CGI have been applied in creating effective online learning experiences in a variety of ways. I mentioned however CGI especially is limited to the hardware that is available. You might be thinking 'The hell? CGI? you're joking right?" But it is a valid emerging trend in MM and the fact that if I was to walk into a lecture and saw a 5 minute movie with great CGI, I'd be bloody engaged. Other then that, the MC - I reckon I got about 15 right and in the other 80 marks of the test, probably a 60ish. Hoping for 75+.

I have to once again, agree with everything said above. I was thinking throughout the entire exam "A CFD and/or a DFD is just hiding around the corner! I know! But it never came. I only applied ONE equation to everything: The image size Resolution*bitdepth/8*1024 etc in the question about how to reduce file size (also talked about lossy and JPEG), other than that, I made brief mention to incremental backups in justifying my ERP crap in TPS and had to draw an ERD in databases. Other than that, anyone could of sat the test.

Last edited:

habitres

HSC
For the last question in MM I talked about how hypermedia systems such as websites and CGI have been applied in creating effective online learning experiences in a variety of ways. I mentioned however CGI especially is limited to the hardware that is available.
Talked about virtual reality
podcasts
'cloud' storage and 4G - mobile acess
interactive whiteboards
some other bullshit.

benson827

HSC
For the last question in MM I talked about how hypermedia systems such as websites and CGI have been applied in creating effective online learning experiences in a variety of ways. I mentioned however CGI especially is limited to the hardware that is available. You might be thinking 'The hell? CGI? you're joking right?" But it is a valid emerging trend in MM and the fact that if I was to walk into a lecture and saw a 5 minute movie with great CGI, I'd be bloody engaged. Other then that, the MC - I reckon I got about 15 right and in the other 80 marks of the test, probably a 60ish. Hoping for 75+.

I have to once again, agree with everything said above. I was thinking throughout the entire exam "A CFD and/or a DFD is just hiding around the corner! I know! But it never came. I only applied ONE equation to everything: The image size Resolution*bitdepth/8*1024 etc in the question about how to reduce file size (also talked about lossy and JPEG), other than that, I made brief mention to incremental backups in justifying my ERP crap in TPS and had to draw an ERD in databases. Other than that, anyone could of sat the test.
I completely agree with what you said, just an overall feeling that the test was designed not around the actual "process" and "technology" utilised in IT, but rather simply on waffling.
Moreover, they really need to get people to check over the wording of the questions, for MM, the question where they asked to discuss the "medium" for "displaying" was terrible. I didnt even know if they were talking about the actual software mediums such as Jpeg, .mov formats or the actuald physical dispalying medium such as plasmas, projectors, LCDS. Both dotpoints are in the topic, but yet they didnt explain which one they were talking about. So for a mere 3 marks, I spent like 2 pages going through both of them and wasting my time, when I KNOW the question is only targetting one of them.

Board really needs to reevalauate the way they make these exams, and try to get ppl to attempt them and iron-out the problems that will definetly draw confusion not from difficulty of the Q but rather just SHIT wording

_Arsenal_

HSC
Talked about virtual reality
podcasts
'cloud' storage and 4G - mobile acess
interactive whiteboards
some other bullshit.
It was only a 5 marker so I hope to get a 3 for it haha. I should of quickly glanced over examples of MM and emerging trends so I just had to rattle off some BS to help it. I didn't want to write about 3G/4G because that touched too much on communications.

Sean x

HSC
I completely agree with what you said, just an overall feeling that the test was designed not around the actual "process" and "technology" utilised in IT, but rather simply on waffling.
Moreover, they really need to get people to check over the wording of the questions, for MM, the question where they asked to discuss the "medium" for "displaying" was terrible. I didnt even know if they were talking about the actual software mediums such as Jpeg, .mov formats or the actuald physical dispalying medium such as plasmas, projectors, LCDS. Both dotpoints are in the topic, but yet they didnt explain which one they were talking about. So for a mere 3 marks, I spent like 2 pages going through both of them and wasting my time, when I KNOW the question is only targetting one of them.

Board really needs to reevalauate the way they make these exams, and try to get ppl to attempt them and iron-out the problems that will definetly draw confusion not from difficulty of the Q but rather just SHIT wording
QFT

_Arsenal_

HSC

I talked about LCD quickly and I think I talked about the way MM is displayed, so like different forms of it. I honestly hated that question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)