General Thoughts: IPT (1 Viewer)

Hpakins

HSC
umad benson?

at least it was relevant to systems analysis, I mean thats what most of the tests are situated around...
you're given a system, and you propose solutions for it. I never physically studied the "Syllabus" but kind of practised interpreting what they wanted from you in a question

and I think thats why I went pretty well, 80+ raw

Heydosaurus

HSC
LOl bro AMS was a dream come true. Lucky i Prepared for TPS,MM & AMS. All those sensor questions were easy. What did you write for the question about the Control Centre and IPTRobot in AMS?
For processes, I wrote about how the Control Centre would need to be able to differentiate between the data and video feeds sent from each of the robots in order to usefully display the data as information. I also wrote that a faulty sensor on a robot may be displayed based upon GPS data being processed in relation to areas in which the sensors should pick up static readings reporting variable readings on one of the robots. I think that I bullshitted this question more than any of the other questions in AMS, and was a bit skeptical with my response.

ChrisLLL

HSC
Guys just to make sure i used a few booklets but forgot to tick the box saying i have more. It shouldn't matter right?

Abbyskies

HSC
N/A
Admittedly it was easy in the way that you didn't really have to know much. But I feel that the way the questions were phrased were very "open to interpretation," and half the time I didn't even know what they were expecting us to do. I felt pretty confident after the exam ended, but now that I look on this forum I probably didn't answer any questions correctly. I'm looking at about 70 raw.

himynameisbrody

HSC
i cant believe everyone thinks that they are going to fail this exam so bad, and how much harder it was compared to the other years'. personally, i thought it was pretty straight forward, not a huge amount of detail of the course was required at all. ipt has always been my weakest subject and i only did like one day of study for it and think ill get ~85 raw mark. anyone else think it was easy too?

George121

HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the last question for multimedia asked "based on current technologies predict new technologies that can enhance students learning" or some shit so you had to predict new technology not current technology

I mentioned crap like 5g network .. 4D screens etc

As for the question before it I'm pretty sure by media it means video, text, animation etc. multi'media'

Overall, one messed up exam. Especially that retarted erp shit for tps.. That shit should be kept for business studies not ipt

habitres

HSC
i cant believe everyone thinks that they are going to fail this exam so bad, and how much harder it was compared to the other years'. personally, i thought it was pretty straight forward, not a huge amount of detail of the course was required at all. ipt has always been my weakest subject and i only did like one day of study for it and think ill get ~85 raw mark. anyone else think it was easy too?
this is the exact problem with the exam. It should have been much more to syllabus dot point instead of BS, so people who were knowledgeable with the syllabus and had a full understanding eg. extensive study, should have done better than those who have not studies. Instead they structured it so at least 80% of the course wasn't tested and the rest was general knowedge bullcrap.

Good on you though for doing well, not condemning, just saying its annoying how it seemed to 'address' the syllabus. no DFD's, no context diagrams, no data dictionaries, no SQL I mean come on BOS!

Veldt

HSC
N/A
I answered all four of the last questions far out i'm so pissed -.-

rambooker

HSC
N/A
the questions were not very specific and they didnt test our proper knowledge of the topic, it was pretty confusing

ejg023

HSC
this is the exact problem with the exam. It should have been much more to syllabus dot point instead of BS, so people who were knowledgeable with the syllabus and had a full understanding eg. extensive study, should have done better than those who have not studies. Instead they structured it so at least 80% of the course wasn't tested and the rest was general knowedge bullcrap.

Good on you though for doing well, not condemning, just saying its annoying how it seemed to 'address' the syllabus. no DFD's, no context diagrams, no data dictionaries, no SQL I mean come on BOS!
I agree with you. But in question 22a we had to draw a context diagram.

rambooker

HSC
N/A
I agree with you. But in question 22a we had to draw a context diagram.
Are you sure it wanted you to draw a context diagram? because it seemed like that whole question 22 section was for communication not project management

_Arsenal_

HSC
Are you sure it wanted you to draw a context diagram? because it seemed like that whole question 22 section was for communication not project management
You didn't have to draw a CFD. You literally had to draw a diagram of a car, the transmission medium and the base server. There was no need to draw a CFD and/or DFD in the exam.

mickk794

HSC
You didn't have to draw a CFD. You literally had to draw a diagram of a car, the transmission medium and the base server. There was no need to draw a CFD and/or DFD in the exam.
Crap, i just wrote the words of the processes needed and drew arrows between each of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)