General Thoughts: Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam?Share your thoughts here.

Jongnie

HSC
fucken worst shit ever honesly, it as niether youth offenders or international crime FUCK YOU BOS, WORST THE ENG PAPER 2. I left the exam 30 minutes early cause i was like fuck this overnighter for no reason cause the shit i studied wasn't on the exam. yeah fuck it, atleast HSC is over now./ragequit in real life , spirit world im going to go cut myself now .
edit : i know there's spelling misakes, no sleep , so annoyed, omfggg seriously fu new syllabus was so bad

Last edited:

Exotic

HSC
Overall, an easy paper. Multiple choice not that hard, though i got couple of them wrong. Part B, BOS youre freaking idiots! BOS has some Module B fetish, every b part of an exam was basically a killer. Options were easy, especially b for family.

KGZ9

HSC
the family essay was great for me but the consumer essay threw me off. the mini essay on crime was ok and the multiple choice was decent. i thought it was an okay test but i didn't have time to check over my work. oh wells

Jongnie

HSC
the family essay was great for me but the consumer essay threw me off. the mini essay on crime was ok and the multiple choice was decent. i thought it was an okay test but i didn't have time to check over my work. oh wells
i did consumer + shelter, both had fked questions + section 2 was retarded, i rage quit and walked out of the exam.

andrew2527

HSC
Well, basically, my teacher has taught me nothing (or little to nothing). I taught myself pretty much... I think I did okay.

1. 15/20 Section I - Multiple Choice
2. 25/35 Section II - Crime
3. Consumer Essay - 20/25
4. Family Essay - 10-15/25

--- Family Essay sucked. I focused more on same sex couples and how the law won't allow marriage etc. Then I get some question about PARENTS. Great.

Overall, maybe 70-75 raw.

KGZ9

HSC
i did consumer + shelter, both had fked questions + section 2 was retarded, i rage quit and walked out of the exam.
LOL @ people saying this years legal test would be easy cause of the new syllabus. had the most fkd up questions. did not expect it at all, basically heard everyone sigh when it was reading time.

hamburger_eddy

HSC
multiple choice and short answers were ok... crime mini essay was ok... options were FVCKED. wrote a lot but failed to incorporate many case studies :( hoping for 70-80 raw

PuDdLeSz

HSC
--- Family Essay sucked. I focused more on same sex couples and how the law won't allow marriage etc. Then I get some question about PARENTS. Great.
I did that too, except I just ranted on about equality for the parents, and the recent amendment to the Adoption Act 2000 (NSW) to allow for same-sex couple adoption.

Simone23

HSC
I thought it was a pretty good exam, at first in reading time i thought it was horrible but all the information i had linked really well.

Last edited:
HSC
I did that too, except I just ranted on about equality for the parents, and the recent amendment to the Adoption Act 2000 (NSW) to allow for same-sex couple adoption.
Hey was the amendment to the Adoption Act 2000 in 2010?

smeethaj

HSC
overall was relatively easy, i thought multiple choice was the hardest part of it all actually.
i recon i messed up a fair few multiple choice questions lol
crime was relatively easy, i dont know what people are complaining about. the question was basically "talk about watever you want" only relate it to the balance between right and freedoms on the individual and the best interest of the community.
family wasnt too bad. i only studied contemperary issues so i did that question about parent/child rights only i looked at all the aspects of that in the 4 contemporary issues in the syllabus, lol
workplace the question itself was easier than family but given that a) i only started studying it at 8 last night and b) i only gave myself 35 mins to write that essay, my response wasnt as good as it could have been. for example i only ended up looking at 3 issues because i hadnt even studies leave one bit. lol but even still i recon i did pretty good in that.

overall a nice way to end my HSC period imo :D

Politic

HSC
N/A
multiple choice were generally okay, i few dodgy ones but thats expected
human rights short answers were easy
crime essay was actually not too bad, because you could talk about nearly anything in crime as long as you linked it to the question
options were both good

i will note there was a heavy focus on themes and challenges, but thats okay if u know ur stuff and have a good teacher like i did

Mixalli

HSC
So i have question about the multiple choice, the police suspect the dude of stealing a car, they can either

-arrest him
-fingerprint him
-ask him questions
-take him back to the police station

So i figured that during the investigation process if the police do arrest someone they will take him back to the police station and fingerprint him and thus those three questions are essentially the same. Meanwhile, the police can only arrest an individual if they suspect that individual has committed an INDICTABLE offence, and stealing a car is a summary offence. thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)