General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

cathyjun28

HSC
Re: How did you guys go?

danfloyd11 said:
sorry thats ^ wat i meant
thats awsum
That's what I got as well. :) When I first saw this binomial question, I though I wasn't going to be able to do it, but then once I started answering, it was quiet easy.

dolbinau

HSC

Pwnage101 said:
That was a ROUTINE, PEDESTRIAN 3Unit Examination, and if u dont think so, have u done the past 10 years HSC???

The reason u think it was hard is cause of the pressure - doin tests at home is ALWAYS easier than teh actual HSC

But if u compare this years to the past 5 years, it was pretty much expected - on a 'easy to hard scale', it was a little harder than the middle, but not OVERLY difficuilt

like seriously, u expect tow alk into a 3U examination and get all the Q's easily, it was designed (and has always been designed) to test teh ability of 3U students, and in doing so, of course there needs to be AT LEAST 5 marks which only the top 5-10% of students can 'get', or else it would be pointless

in saying that, im not saying it was easy, but its just not as hard as ppl are makin it out to be
I think it's more likely all of us can recognise it was harder than previous years than for all of us to be wrong.

HSC

Scissors said:
WTF!?! I thought the exam was tomorrow!!!?!!?!?!

i dont get it :p
didnt u just say that u did it and u pwned it on pg 2 or sumthin?

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC

I thought it was quite hard. Q1 - 4 were straightforward, and then it kind of went gay. Ran out of time, only managed to do 2 parts in Q7. hopefully 50/84 raw? haha

u-borat

Banned
HSC

lol scissors is a troll ignore him guise.

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A

GUYS do we get half marks in 3u? then they add it up and round it off or nar?

danz90

HSC

well the only questions i didn't attempt were 7(c) (d) and (e)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

What will they do if I misread the question and instead of applying the domain x=<1, I applied x=> 1.

All the other steps are correct, plus, if I use the results of the previous questions to calculate my last one, will it still be counted?

OMG. I'm screwed.

nsanchez01

HSC

i think it was bloody hard! i got most of question 7 tho i thought that was pretty good. but my brain wasnt working for some of the easy stufff!!!

friction

HSC

dolbinau said:
I reckon 90% would have found it hard. Only the really maths-smart Asians would have thought it was easy. (And a few that don't fit the stereotype).
Im not asain and i didnt find it 2 bad. Not easy but.

ArrImAPirate

HSC

i found that quite easy, did anyone notice the simultaneous equations in Q7 that you could use to solve b->f using x^n - 1^x =0?

And did anyone else notice that on Q5 (c), that C1's diameter was twice the size of C2's?

nsanchez01

HSC

Pwnage101 said:
That was a ROUTINE, PEDESTRIAN 3Unit Examination, and if u dont think so, have u done the past 10 years HSC???

The reason u think it was hard is cause of the pressure - doin tests at home is ALWAYS easier than teh actual HSC

But if u compare this years to the past 5 years, it was pretty much expected - on a 'easy to hard scale', it was a little harder than the middle, but not OVERLY difficuilt

like seriously, u expect tow alk into a 3U examination and get all the Q's easily, it was designed (and has always been designed) to test teh ability of 3U students, and in doing so, of course there needs to be AT LEAST 5 marks which only the top 5-10% of students can 'get', or else it would be pointless

in saying that, im not saying it was easy, but its just not as hard as ppl are makin it out to be
i did the past 16 papers and i found it quite difficult some parts

jess.!

HSC

I'm sure death would have been a less painful experience than that.
it was horrible!
the first couple of questions (ie. 1-3) took wayyy longer than they should have coz then i only had like an hour to do the harder ones. definitely lost a lot of marks, about 30 by not answering questions.

do you think time was a major factor in how you did?
i feel like if we had about 1/2 an hour more it would have been better.

proringz

HSC

Pwnage101 said:
ppl complaining about circle geo LOL

What do u gusy expect??

its obvious there would be 3-5 marks on cricle geo in the exam, and the one they gave all u had to do was use some of the results

i meadn, come on guys???

do u expect them to do it for u????

they have to test ur ability in circle geo, so if u dont know the proofs, and u got it wrong/did not attempt it, then the TEST DID ITS JOB - its not there so anyone can get 100%, its there so that ppl with the ability and competency level required can do the question

i mean, if u dont know vertically opposite angles, alternat angle segment theorem, and that the exterior angle of a cyclic quad is equal to the interior opposite, Then obviously u havent achieved the outcomes of the course and should have got it wrong

seriously...
yeah, that's all I used. Couldn't see it at first, was over the moon once I saw it

I-Love-Jesus

HSC

Haha. I'm not asian either, and I didn't find it too difficult.
The main issue I can see with this exam is time constraints. It took me about half an hour longer to do this paper than it did with others. I didn't quite finish, which was a little bit annoying. I am happy though :)

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A

guys. i blame the weather.

ive done all my homework, i like maths, and i studied like a bitch for this test!
The test wasnt even THAT difficult, and looking over it now makes it seem like easy!

But my brain just didnt click in that test, during the 2 hours when it mattered

and for that reason.. i blame the weather.,

gosh doing shit SUCKS

hked

HSC

not hard at all, im hoping 81 or so, that is... accounting for careless mistakes hmmm

pamauz91

HSC
N/A

I clicked for the Circle Geometry question... It wasn't too bad for me...

I turned the question paper upside down and saw what I need and what the question was asking... Wierd experience...

But it worked!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)