General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

lost1

HSC
Re: What did you think?

i wrote theat 'b' signifies the currents velocity....does that still count?

HSC

Propadanda said:
Tell you what I fucking hate? When you find the answers and realise you fucked up way more than you thought, and you feel sick, sick to your fucking stomach.
grrrr im feeling that now after realising how much i got wrong! paper was hard although some bits were easy. volumes wtf?? and question 6 c shredded me

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC

question 6 was hard esp the limiting sum with nCr and question 8 with the sphere thingy took a lot of time for just 5 marks as opposed to like graphs which was also 5 marks.

the exam was pretty good overall i guess and it will differentiate the top 30 students but i hope i get 100+. oh well. 3U next.

shaon0

HSC

x.Exhaust.x said:
Expect the unexpected...I hope the 2009 paper isn't as hard :(.
I hope its really hard. I have a knack of getting the hard/really hard questions right but the easy questions wrong because i either rush it or make careless errors.

lordesf

HSC
wel yeh the 2007was eeasy. and this yr they gave us a hard one.. so next yr it could be an easy one again cause they proably think "of fuk" everyone screwedd up so much... so we need to chnage the standard?

Wel ye i think the test was hard, unusual and unexpected, especially with so much harder 3u Q which i wasnt good at and heaps of Q around 3-4 tht i couldnt do and i was expecting like ful marks for those secitons.....

my esitmate : 60/120 exact..

hayyleyy

HSC

lexaus said:
who's with me on being thankful we never have to do that again
yes me! :D soooo glad its over
it was horrible..

AmurondSwiftbow said:
Dont forget 30 - 39 for us retards.
probs for me aswell unfortunately...

mre90

HSC
I actually thought that exam was quite easy though it was different, thinking around 75-80%

patv

HSC
haha. b, its simple, it is terminal velocity. because as t approaches infinite, v=b, therefore b is terminal velocity. hope that clears things up

patv

HSC
the is the answer for what b is. as t approaches infinity, v approaches b, therefore terminal velocity is b

timmiitippii

HSC
i agree with vulgarfraction. I think the key word is "physical significance" and it just made me say velocity of current rather than terminal velocity.
Since its in a form of expo/decay and just like how for like a cooling model, the temperature eventually becomes the temperature of the environment, the velocity eventually becomes the velocity of the environment.. aka current's velocity

duy.le

HSC

lyounamu said:
top in the state last year for mx2 was white. Asians don't necessarily dominate maths.
as a matter of fact they are actually always* white guys (from Sydney Grammar), what a awesomely hectic school, i wish i went there.

its just that asians make up the general population of pro guys

conics2008

HSC

man that paper was insane.. i coudn't even login into bos yesterday.

farkkin hell..

that stupid water qusetion, no tme to read i looked at each parts question 1 i said wtf..

part b i just went with gravity without reading the quesiton. basically left most of question 7 ={

but i got that growth/decay question.

duy.le

HSC
ahhh your finally on i was wondering where u were conic2008, i thought the paper was generally very easy, dont know what u guys are all going on about, but then again i found the 2006 3u easy and dont know what u guys are going on about that either :p

think around 107+

conics2008

HSC
^^ man are you serious.
my time managment went out of the window.

mark allocation was crap.

some question required long working out.

i totally left those circles question becuase of stupid time 6 marks down.

i did al conics + poly ( i know got them right )

mechnics was good had to get rid of sina

that stupid water one, no time to read. so i just skipped and skipped,..

i did the growth it was ok not bad xD

qusetion 8

did induciton piss easy.

looked at complex i said " nop" went on to other part

found dy/dx and then it said hence so i said find dy/dx again but time finished

also all integration was easy except d which had to be broken down + tan^2n which was also easy.

conics2008

HSC
i predicted i will get 75-84/120 max mark..

what will that scale into.. also my internal is going down hill from here.

duy.le

HSC
i couldnt do:
1 d fark so stupid of me
4 b iii) sufficiently
6 a got c but not a and b, only cam up with a+b=-1/3
7 c ii) lol b took a guess cbb think about it "distance from the shore" loloollo
8 b i)didnt know what "n" was...
ii)OGMFOGMFOGMFOMG ==forgot the formula for the surface area of a sphere.==fsmasdkfnmkdgknfgfdkjhnjfdb
RAGE

kony

HSC
I'm just having a look at the paper. Why do everyone say it's hard?

Seems to me like there was no single very difficult question, like last year. Still, mostly textbook stuff.

patv

HSC
im so pissed. i got the easy questions wrong, like in SHM question, the first part. and also, 4a). i read triangle LOM as triangle LOm. omfg , no wonder i couldnt get an answer, geez. i dont think i was in peak form, thats why i let simple errors just slip by. now i probably cant even get 80 raw. i screwed it badly

conics2008

HSC
^^^^^^^^^^^^

what u on about text book stuff.. it was mainly problems they gave us..

where is the inequality, where is the normal volumes by shells... NO integration by parts.

hardly any graphs eg 8 marks worth of graphs..

where is mechanics only 3 marks..

what else am i missing.. hmmmm conics was ok not bad ( got them xD )

poly was very nice loved them all

but seriously, there was no structure to it.

eg the exam was all over the place ...

patv

HSC
hey if i get low E4 in ext2, mid E4 ext1, low band 6 physics, mid band5 for english advence and chem, does anyone reckon i can get 97 uai? cos my parents tell me to study, but i still cram, and i always say"ill prossill get 97"im still cramming, since i havent started phys he, and 4U started studying last fri, and havent started 3U. i dont want to get below 97, otherwise my rents will be like "told you you shouldve studied"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)