General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
As if, the first and last part was easy i didnt get anywhere with the second though :(
For the second part, the biggest partial fractions equation I've ever seen, but it eventually worked out.

michaeljennings

HSC
For 7bii I got 1/8 x ln 9 and my friend got 1/4 x ln 3 which are the same thing but we were wondering if i would lose a mark for not simplifying it further

jonathanrsh

HSC
Qns 1, 2, 3 were easy enough.
Qn 4c was weird? I didn't know that differential equations were in the syllabus. Got parts i), ii). Blanked on part iii).
Qn 5ciii) I didn't get during the exam, but was explained to me later - needed similar triangles...
Qn 6 HOLY SHIT the mechanics was hard. Didn't get part ii or iii of a. For the locus in part c i got a circle, radius 1, centered at (-1,0)
Qn 7c) I just didn't get i) or iii). I realise now that you needed the discriminant for part i), and i think i screwed up the algebra for iii).
Qn 8b) I got, but a) and c) were left untouched...

Also, where were the:
- Easy curve sketching / manipulation of graphs?
- Polynomials (the easy ones, not the monster in Qn8)?

Overall, around 90ish probably. not as well as most of the past papers. I'd say this was a fairly hard test.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Qns 1, 2, 3 were easy enough.
Qn 4c was weird? I didn't know that differential equations were in the syllabus. Got parts i), ii). Blanked on part iii).
Qn 5ciii) I didn't get during the exam, but was explained to me later - needed similar triangles...
Qn 6 HOLY SHIT the mechanics was hard. Didn't get part ii or iii of a. For the locus in part c i got a circle, radius 1, centered at (-1,0)
Qn 7c) I just didn't get i) or iii). I realise now that you needed the discriminant for part i), and i think i screwed up the algebra for iii).
Qn 8b) I got, but a) and c) were left untouched...

Also, where were the:
- Easy curve sketching / manipulation of graphs?
- Polynomials (the easy ones, not the monster in Qn8)?

Overall, around 90ish probably. not as well as most of the past papers. I'd say this was a fairly hard test.
is the locus a circle? wat?

ball00n

HSC
You guys are so smart getting 95-110/120 wow probably all mid-high e4s!! Hmm.. if the majority of candidates found the paper relatively easy does that mean the cutoffs for e4 are going to be significantly higher than last year??

and for 7 a) (i) I didn't get a pi in my answer - I think i got 1/2 :eek:

I found the paper pretty hard - max 92/120

haha and don't you guys feel so good finishing 4u? congratulations!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)