General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Entity

HSC
Question 10 was relatively easy compared to past Question 10s. Don't think I got the reasoning for sector or the one before that worth 1 mark, or at least I don't think so... anyone know what the value of theta was?
I can't remember theta, but the reasoning I found was that P=4r in the question before, and P/2 = 2r, so if it was any bigger than 2r, it wouldn't be in the circle anymore, and I just assumed the opposite for the other side, saying if it was any smaller the circle/paddock wouldn't exist. I dunno :/

Last edited:

illishaA

HSC
N/A
i didn't think it was easy =\ but it wasn't too hard lol. hoping for mid-high band 5. yep question 9 was wtf ..
ah stuffed this exam up. first 5 were fairly straightforwards. but then 8,9,10 really did me in :(.
i'm probably gonna get 80/120. thats an mid band 5 ?

Entity

HSC
Finished everything apart from the prove BF : FE thing in the first 1.5 hours. Checked over my work and spent the following hour trying to solve it to no avail :(.

I'm confident/hoping I'll get 115+. Really just depends on how many silly mistakes I made.
Hahaha in that question I made up the proof, and then assumed the similiarity to prove the BF:FE, AB/AD = 1/2 and I just went from there, cause I assumed you had to use the equal lines to prove it... In other words, I made stuff up, so im looking for a 1/3 for that question...

Tasha270494

HSC
Finished everything apart from the prove BF : FE thing in the first 1.5 hours. Checked over my work and spent the following hour trying to solve it to no avail :(.

I'm confident/hoping I'll get 115+. Really just depends on how many silly mistakes I made.
Nicee. I couldn't get that question either so dw - I don't think many people did.

did anyone got that the Loudness increased by ln 2 for the loudness question?

Also was the sum of the series in q9 = to 9?
OMG yes. someone else got 9 for Q.9
Yes I did :)
As for the other one - I kinda screwed that up.. I got something like 1.025?

Vidhya

HSC
It was a good paper, nothing too retarded. I think I might get 105/120. Can anyone guestimate if it'll get me a band 6?

HSC
Nicee. I couldn't get that question either so dw - I don't think many people did.

OMG yes. someone else got 9 for Q.9
Yes I did :)
As for the other one - I kinda screwed that up.. I got something like 1.025?
+1

I got 1.025 aswell

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Q9 d) (ii) my calculator says 9.049875621

Don't remember what I got in the exam but don't think it was that xD

oscarmanutdfan

HSC
Question 9 fucked me and I couldn't finish or do most of 10.

Probably going to get a Band 5 because apparently it was an easy paper :\

Tennisaddict

HSC
I stuffed up the coordinate Q3 :/
And the inequalities and the tap a of the rate question... and the sum of the surds. why did i fuck up an achievable exam im so pissed :(
I'll be lucky to get 105 :eek:

as16

HSC
N/A

I got that the loudness increased by ln2/0.1

and yes I got the sum to be 9 :)

_pizza

HSC
N/A
For the BF : FE thing, you had to prove that triangle BFC and triangle DFE were also similar, and since they both share their lower side with the other triangles you just proved similar, they were in the same ratio and thus their corresponding sides BF : FE was 1 : 2

Tasha270494

HSC
u subtract rate b from rate a
yeah I did that. So its 4L?
I don't know, it doesn't look right to me cause its rate not the actual volume..

For the BF : FE thing, you had to prove that triangle BFC and triangle DFE were also similar, and since they both share their lower side with the other triangles you just proved similar, they were in the same ratio and thus their corresponding sides BF : FE was 1 : 2
oh yeah. genius.

Tennisaddict

HSC

I got 10ln(2)
And yeah the sum thing was 9, i didnt see it at all and fucked it up haha :/

I think for the plane geo Q9, because AB = AC and AD = AE, BC was parralell to DE allowing you to prove similar triangles and hence the ratio, i hope

mathemalia

HSC
I got that the loudness increased by ln2/0.1

and yes I got the sum to be 9 :)
Sum is 9 and got he the same loudness...btw what did everyone get for that give the value to the integral of cos..since it said value I put -2 ...anybody?

And that probability question..it said consecutive days , so did you do red yellow red or yellow red yellow?

And for that last question theta in between zero and 2pi?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)