General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
motherf***er. After question 5, I was certain I would get 117/120 at least, then I blanked on the locus, made a mistake in the trig question and had a shocker in question 9, while question 10 i will get around 8/12.

Based on previous years, what will 100-105/120 align to? I think my internal will be 94-95ish.

as16

HSC
N/A
Sum is 9 and got he the same loudness...btw what did everyone get for that give the value to the integral of cos..since it said value I put -2 ...anybody?

And that probability question..it said consecutive days , so did you do red yellow red or yellow red yellow?

And for that last question theta in between zero and 2pi?
No he didn't, he said the loudness he got was ln2 but I got ln2/0.1
I got the integral to be -2
and i did red yellow red + yellow red yellow

friend177

HSC
motherf***er. After question 5, I was certain I would get 117/120 at least, then I blanked on the locus, made a mistake in the trig question and had a shocker in question 9, while question 10 i will get around 8/12.

Based on previous years, what will 100-105/120 align to? I think my internal will be 94-95ish.
Lots of people saying it's easy...so might be lower around 92

mathemalia

HSC
No he didn't, he said the loudness he got was ln2 but I got ln2/0.1
I got the integral to be -2
and i did red yellow red + yellow red yellow
Thanks for that...and my mentioned quote says ln2/0.1 ... thats what i got from what i remember

damo_g

HSC
I thought the paper was fairly standard for questions 1-8. I didn't do very well on questions 9 but was surprised by how easy 10 was. Probably made a few stupid mistakes here and there but i should end up somewhere between 100-110, which is what i've been getting in past papers as well.

What did you guys get for 10.a part (iii). I only realised how to figure it out with like 2 minutes left so i had to rush it like mad.

Uncomfortably easy :\ I probably made a few silly mistakes here and there though. The band 6 cut-off will be a tad higher this year.

I found Q10 really easy, the only thing I had trouble with was the last part as to the reasoning for why it had to be a sector.
Ye i only understood why r < P/2. So i should pick up one mark but i couldn't understand the other part of it

Last edited:

mathemalia

HSC
Ye i only understood why r < P/2. So i should pick up one mark but i couldn't understand the other part of it
just sub P=2(r+theta) for both sides, and you should end up like this 0 < theta < 2pi...(i think)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
did anyone got that the Loudness increased by ln 2 for the loudness question?

Also was the sum of the series in q9 = to 9?
1. ln2 times louder
2. 9

did anyone get that "How many litres is the volume of liquid A greater than the volume of liquid B when the taps close?"
And how did you show the first part? I just subbed t=1?
That one was 4.

Last edited:

tashbash332

HSC
hahaha!
massive chime, but i totally agree!
this kiddo4 sounds like the biggest w@nker... seriously, why would you even bother commenting if aren't even doing the hsc this year, just to tell everyone that you enjoy seeing them disappointed?

Dubble-u25

HSC
awesome.

By any chance, did anyone get that "How many litres is the volume of liquid A greater than the volume of liquid B when the taps close?"
And how did you show the first part? I just subbed t=1?
I did that too :)

Proteus

HSC
What did you get for the theta in Q10?

The circular paddock thing

Tavin

HSC
i got ln2/0.1
I did as well. You can see my working out on the other thread with the appropriate title.

Personally, I thought this exam was harder than the 2010, which followed my expectations. It was shockingly easy until question 8, at which the difficulty spiked in question 9. I found question 10 rather easy though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)