General Thoughts: Mathematics (2 Viewers)

rated

HSC
Got destroyed by the 16. b) with the bank deposit one also couldnt find co-ordinates of P in 15. c), kept getting P in terms of m

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
sorry to pop your bubble, but the question asked for nearest dollar therefore A60 = $44, 404

you may think oh yeah pshhhh, but it's a heads up for people doing the exam in future years READ THE BLOODY QUESTION.
lol

i've already completed my hsc bruh

i just did this q as a guide for people

check yoself before you wreck yoself fool

rated

HSC
Pretty fair test imo.
Question 16 was easier than parts of question 15.

chrisdelinet

HSC
lol

i've already completed my hsc bruh

i just did this q as a guide for people

check yoself before you wreck yoself fool
mate if you see the wording of my response it was more directed to future students to READ THE BLOODY QUESTION ... and to point out if your going to give an answer as a guide to help people it better be bloody right, you are in fact not teaching them to do what the question asks, therefore inadvertently you'll cause them to get sillies and lose easy marks.

chrisdelinet

HSC
:/ okay....but i wont lose all the marks rite??
tbh i think they'll catch on to what you did and therefore will not deduct marks. but i cannot really say, as the hsc marker may be a picky snob. well at the end of the day, you learnt that you need to be more specific (if your doing chem or phys next week, its a good lesson which was learnt the hard way (depending on the hsc marker)

photastic

HSC
instead of writting sin D i wrote sin (theta) :( .....am i going to lose all those marks???
As long you indicate which angle was theta, whether you stated it or graphed it.

How does this test compare to last year's?

Thoughts?
MC: same
Q11: same
Q12: same
Q13: easier
Q14-16: different
Overall: different but this year had an easier rate of change question, probability, app of calculus and integration. The only thing harder than last year's exam was probably that A, A1, A2, money, tangent and exponential question, so it's hard to judge.

Last edited:

Arman567

HSC
MC: same
Q11: same
Q12: same
Q13: easier
Q14-16: different
Overall: different but this year had an easier rate of change question, probability, app of calculus and integration. The only thing harder than last year's exam was probably that A, A1, A2, money, tangent and exponential question, so it's hard to judge.
I would agree, however alot would say that this exam is significantly easier than last years.
Just looking briefly now, it seems that last years is arguably a bit more harder than this years, or maybe around the same difficulty roughly

But definitely too hard to judge

Dabest

HSC
Everyone
It was all going well. U know. Walked out of the exam ready to go tell my math in focus book how well I did but then it happened. It left me. Apparently I was of no use for her anymore. Left me for a fucking year 11 student who's starting the course. How typical. Mif, more like milf. Any advice for me. Should I just settle for Fitzpatrick or should I just move on completely.

LikeaTeapot

HSC
My brain completely blanked out in the bearings question and I didn't even think to use the cosine rule and instead was struggling to find AC using sine rule. And I left the second part of the question blank because I thought I was spending too much time on it and would come back to it - I never got that time to come back to it. That's 5 easy marks down the drain fml

KylemeloSW6

HSC
mate if you see the wording of my response it was more directed to future students to READ THE BLOODY QUESTION ... and to point out if your going to give an answer as a guide to help people it better be bloody right, you are in fact not teaching them to do what the question asks, therefore inadvertently you'll cause them to get sillies and lose easy marks.
I assume you have problems at home or something? weirdo

rose_maylie

HSC
i've just realised, i think that (sinx-1)(tanx+2) question in MC had 2 solutions :( because doesn't pi/2 make tanx undefined?
i seemd to be losing marks everywhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)