General Thoughts: PDHPE (3 Viewers)

corey281291

HSC
I filled up the two pages on the stages of skill acquisition and the use of practice methods and just forgot to put in feeback! However, I might be able to score marks for feedback as I made a mini-plan before I answered the question and wrote down the types of feedback. How did I forget to put it in if I wrote a plan with it? idk. fml.

kdimitrevic

HSC
I thought the multi choice was surprisingly easy, and core 1 and 2 were good. but the options were tough questions!

in the question about health priorities and the new public health....were we supposed to do the action areas of the Ottawa charter, or the new public health...which is what like equity, education, access, empowerment...??

x

tegan-leanne

HSC
I wondered if we were meant to work it in. i mentioned two of the areas in passing just in case, like "empowering involves developing personal skills etc etc"
but im fairly sure you didn't have to.
I was stoked because I'd spent the morning going over the physical preps and return to play because i didnt know them.
There were a few areas where I could have answered the questions better but in all it was pretty good.
Just wondering, did anyone do Equity for an option? thoughts? I thought it was fairly good.

fayeee

HSC
yay I thought pdhpe was pretty good :)

loved the last qu of sports med! knew there was going to be a huge marker on physical prep! not sure about te ankle injury bit, all these subheadings jst started popping in my head so I wrote about too many general things :S but apart from thy it was okay :)

but yeah.. what did everyone write for the new public health approach?

was so expecting a question on Jakarta declaration! lol

sam5

HSC
what was so hard bout the options?

Fro sports med i said bout the hard tissue, then the 5 subheadings for the 6 marker then the 8 subheadings for the 10 marker.

For IP i put bout isotonic and isokinetic, then bout how sports psychologists can help then i wrote bout how a standard training program for endurance would be influenced and impacted upon by the phases of competition (pre, in, post, tapering, peaking).

emma211

HSC
yay I thought pdhpe was pretty good :)

loved the last qu of sports med! knew there was going to be a huge marker on physical prep! not sure about te ankle injury bit, all these subheadings jst started popping in my head so I wrote about too many general things :S but apart from thy it was okay :)

but yeah.. what did everyone write for the new public health approach?

was so expecting a question on Jakarta declaration! lol
pretty sure the new public health approach encompasses three main principles:

1. empowerment of individuals

2. encourage community participation

3. recognition of social determinates

so i think you had to write about those and apply them to an NHPA

timmy_tummy

HSC
pretty sure the new public health approach encompasses three main principles:

1. empowerment of individuals

2. encourage community participation

3. recognition of social determinates

so i think you had to write about those and apply them to an NHPA
I took this question in the wrong way, and instead wrote about ottawa charter ><
I went into some detail regarding empowerment and social determinants but I'm not sure how well my answer will do considering I left out the community participation aspect which is like pretty important =\

do you guys think I will do alright considering that the ottawa charter is a health promotion initiative that ties in with the new public health approach??

All the other questions were sweet though and I got the "right" multiple choice answers... =)

timmy_tummy

HSC
there will be a range of answers that they will accept for the last question of sports medicine, because the 'wellbeing' of an athlete encompasses a holistic perspective i.e. psychology
How do you know??
Is psychology even in the option sports med??

the_bandit_duck

HSC
AWESOME EXAM !! if u knew your sylabus well the exam was too easyyy ;) the options were really good i thought even though some of you guys seem it wasnt too good by the way for the 15mark question in factors affecting performance did people put feedback as positive,negative,intrinsic,extrinsic,reinforcement(social,material,internal) and alsssssoooooooo what did people put for question 20 in multiple choice i put D but thennnnn changed to C whats everyone think
sik test HAHAHAH :DDDDD ITS ALLLLLL OVAAAAAAAAAA OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good syllabus knowledge
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
U fool!

All in all i thought the exam was pretty good, if u knew the syllabus but the bit on health priority areas was the trickiest imo.

emma211

HSC
I took this question in the wrong way, and instead wrote about ottawa charter ><
I went into some detail regarding empowerment and social determinants but I'm not sure how well my answer will do considering I left out the community participation aspect which is like pretty important =\

do you guys think I will do alright considering that the ottawa charter is a health promotion initiative that ties in with the new public health approach??

All the other questions were sweet though and I got the "right" multiple choice answers... =)
yeah i reckon you could scrap some marks for that.

.Joe.

j.man
HSC
Not gonna lie i may have jizzed a little in reading time when i was reading the questions. Such a good exam.

I guessed the q for sports med would b physical prep so got lucky there. All the rest were very straight forward.
Haha! I agree! I thought it was a pretty good exam!

guypineapple

HSC
so far everyone has stuffed has stuffed med and imp performance, this means their internal scaling will be good

I wrote an entire exam booklet thingo after the given space on the 15 mark!
Same =P, I really liked the C1 and C2 questions, had to get extra paper on each, which is a change

Shepps

HSC
Pretty happy with the whole exam, really wasn't anything there that was too left feild. A couple of tricky multiple choice but other than that i thought it was fairly straight forward. Good luck to every one for the rest of your exams

La Bomba

HSC
what if you said the first stage is associative, and outlined cognitive, 2nd stage is cognitive, and outlined the associative stage wuld u lose marks for naming them wrong?

La Bomba

HSC
ohhh thats not to bad. i was thinking i would lose way more. thanks man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)