General Thoughts - Physics (1 Viewer)

ashbashness

HSC
So many WORDS!

Fucking words. I can't express myself properly. There was at least five 6 marks questions if I recall? Not good, not good at all.

layzeehbum

HSC
ashbashness said:
So many WORDS!

Fucking words. I can't express myself properly. There was at least five 6 marks questions if I recall? Not good, not good at all.
i agree! i didnt expect that there would be a 6 marks response ! (except the one in the option topic)... when i look at it i was like wtf is dis some english response we hav 2 do .. i thought we're waay over that!

overall its an ok paper though.. im expecting 70-80 raw mark

sxgl

HSC
everyone thought it was easy but i found it a bit weird/hard-ish... is that normal??? mayb im jst dumb

like them theory questions were okayy since i got the textbook in my head but the ones with the calculations (which was like the whole damn test!:mad: which made me go crazy) was like '????' and jst wrote anything down. maths and me dont work out in exam conditions =[

oh wells glad its over though

chem and im finished (anyone wanna help me with calculation questions for chemistry?? just incase the test was like physics with so many calculations=])

tabbaa

HSC
Yeah I thought the physics paper was ok. I think i did well in the calculations. Wow is it me or was there a lot of Motors and Generator questions...which of course is one of my weaker chapters. My last exam is tomorrow which is Engineering Studies....Goodluck with your Chem...enjoy.

glockenspiel

HSC
layzeehbum said:
i agree! i didnt expect that there would be a 6 marks response ! (except the one in the option topic)... when i look at it i was like wtf is dis some english response we hav 2 do .. i thought we're waay over that!

overall its an ok paper though.. im expecting 70-80 raw mark
There's always 6 marks questions. If not 7 or 8. We got lucky, really.

fatalkaiser

W-Smack!
HSC
Ive always been pretty sucky at maths anc calculations (got 9% in the trials for 2unit maths) and i'd heard from my teacher that physics hsc exams were tending away from being heavily maths based to more 'airy fairy' as he called it, more to do with rmemebering the theories and stuff.... which was fine by me, as i do fairly well in english and subjects where you just have to be able to list your ideas and stuff. Overall i thought the test was a lot easier than previous ones.

The only questions i had trouble with was the one where you were shown two satellites orbiting the earth and you had to calculate the speed and ratio of the 2nd to the first. And also the projectile motion one (i have always sucked at that) but it was only one mark :D *sweet!!!*

So yeah, it wasn't 'easy' but i reckon 'easier' than previous ones. Knowing my luck with exams, i'd be satisfied with more than 50%, happy with more than 60%, and if i get more than 70% i'll be screaming 'WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP' at the top of my lungs while making snow angles on the carpet

cahillzy8

HSC
sobern said:
Definetely arguable as he definetely had a deep knowledge into electrical sciences, as seen through his history, what he bought etc thereby making him a scientist
i didnt do westinghouse but dnt worry mate.. it wouldve worked better than edison

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
I had thought it was english for a second!

'The work of scientists is influenced by external factors' Do you agree?

Is it just me or does that sound like an english question to anyone? And tried to backup my thoughts, which I had no idea what to use...there wasn't quotes.... I was confused as hell. Only had equations like power loss, VI=VI, and random bs like that, allowed me to struggle through explaining what had happened to make me agree.

FelixRulz

HSC
N/A
Shadose said:
I had thought it was english for a second!
Actually while I was answering that I was thinking my english teacher would be happy that I had a thesis statement. Structured it like a mini essay.

I thought Astrophysics was OK. Just couldn't remember much on colour index. wrote 4 pages for d) but I think some of it was irrelevant. My teacher said write as much as you can as long as you don't contradict yourself.

Found 23 hard and thought for 26 it was definitely Arr. A

Overall ok test. unhappy about projectile motion. but I like longer response questions.

sxgl

HSC
tabbaa said:
Yeah I thought the physics paper was ok. I think i did well in the calculations. Wow is it me or was there a lot of Motors and Generator questions...which of course is one of my weaker chapters. My last exam is tomorrow which is Engineering Studies....Goodluck with your Chem...enjoy.
yeah thats what i thought when i read the questions during readin time... if the motors and generator questions were more to the point and not like calculate this and that.... like even thomsons experiment question had us doin some calculations... as much as i love maths but dat doesnt work with me during exams conditions.

thanks u too!

tazza08

HSC
to tommykins

im glad to see someone is confident about physics, seriously dude thats real confidence.. to say you'll get a raw 90!! i hate to burst your bubble but my physcis teacher has marked the physics exam like 6 times and he said the highest ever raw mark in a physics exam was about 87.. so i seriously would like you to respond to me after the results come out if u get a raw 90 cuz thats yea.. record breaking lol

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
tazza08 said:
to tommykins

im glad to see someone is confident about physics, seriously dude thats real confidence.. to say you'll get a raw 90!! i hate to burst your bubble but my physcis teacher has marked the physics exam like 6 times and he said the highest ever raw mark in a physics exam was about 87.. so i seriously would like you to respond to me after the results come out if u get a raw 90 cuz thats yea.. record breaking lol
Are you serious? 87? jesus lol

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
tazza08 said:
to tommykins

false kiddo.

rmikha

HSC
N/A
cant be max 87 raw mark
in cssa trials, dis kid got 92, school trials 96 which was way harder than hsc

i rekon he will get 96 again

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
also considering that 87 scaled to 95/100 in 2004, i dont think 95 would be the top mark.

adnan91

HSC
tazza08 said:
to tommykins

wtf u on about. LIES

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
For the sattelite one (I know I can't spell it...), where you had to find the ratio of the orbital periods, was it just 8:1, coz that's what I got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)