General Thoughts - Physics (1 Viewer)

timmiitippii

HSC
old.skool.kid said:
Lenzs law creating back emf. I think that was right.
Lenz's Law =S

What if i said Faraday's law where change in flux induces an emf... rather than Lenz's Law

karnage

HSC
timmiitippii said:
Lenz's Law =S

What if i said Faraday's law where change in flux induces an emf... rather than Lenz's Law
yes faradays law means that induction occurs but u gotta add further to that and say lenz law causes the emf to oppose the supply emf or the law of conserv. of energy

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
mass defect did take a while, but payed off

i did edison - thought it was a pretty dumb Q (see my above post)

Bohr and de Broglie FTW!!! - LOVED THAT q, SERIOUSLY, full put in all the mathematics (how de broglie derived bohr's quantisation of angular momentum formula - they love seeing the 'underlying physics' and teh 'maths' in these Q's), and then went a bit beyond syllabus talkin about Bohr's agreement with de broglie, and how he propesed 'complimentarity', which confirmed de broglie and explained some of his original assumptions

and loved Standard model, studied this at 5 am this morning - so glad i did though

wrote almost as much as for the 6 marker - model split into force carriers (bosons) and fundamental matter particles (fermions), talked about each force and its force carrirer (& hypothesised graviton), then went on to talk about quarks, flavbous, anti quarks, --> hadrons arfe groups of quarks, baryons being groups of 3 (like proton and neutron) and mesons being groups of 2 (quark plus antiquark)

leptons - 6 flavours, including electron

yeh

loved the option!
u sound exactly the same as me, loved the option etc. Umm well.. Minimum i would have got 89/100 but i think i willbe sitting at abut 94/100 Raw

dolbinau

HSC
timmiitippii said:
Lenz's Law =S

Part marks, but you need Lenz law to specifically say direction (Back EMF) to explain the observation.

kangms

HSC
It was alright. It wasnt straight forward though, they mixed up the questions to throw us off i guess. I noticed that there was only about 2-3 questions on Ideas to Implementation. The whole paper was practically motors and space. LOL. For the External factors, i wrote Edison was greedy and that influenced him and his relation with Tesla, cause Tesla used to work for Edison then left cause Edison didn't pay him. Hopefully 85+

JamesTockuss

HSC
kangms said:
It was alright. It wasnt straight forward though, they mixed up the questions to throw us off i guess. I noticed that there was only about 2-3 questions on Ideas to Implementation. The whole paper was practically motors and space. LOL. For the External factors, i wrote Edison was greedy and that influenced him and his relation with Tesla, cause Tesla used to work for Edison then left cause Edison didn't pay him. Hopefully 85+
Yeh there really was shitloads on motors and generators -_-

timmiitippii

HSC
dolbinau said:
Part marks, but you need Lenz law to specifically say direction (Back EMF) to explain the observation.
Do u remember how many marks it was worth?
Coz hopefully the rest of the marks came from explaining the decrease in current or potential difference whateva..

Nici56

HSC
does anyone know where or if you can get answers to multiple choice?

dolbinau

HSC
timmiitippii said:
Do u remember how many marks it was worth?
Coz hopefully the rest of the marks came from explaining the decrease in current or potential difference whateva..
"When the coil starts rotating, the potential difference experienced by the electrons in the wire is less than that supplied by the power supply" - Describe the origin of this effect. 3 marks.

timmiitippii

HSC
kangms said:
Thats right Tesla LOL xD
in the exam i couldn't remember who it was and kept thinking Planck o_O but was pretty sure it wasn't Planck. Didn't want to write about Westinghouse either because he was just the businessman and Edison i couldn't think of enough things to talk about for 6 marks. So i turned to Tsiolkovsky (??) since i did my assignment on him in the first term and barely rememebered... But the external influences of World War 2, Nazi party, Space Race against Russia, and Goverment and society's pressure and funding was enough points to cover him..

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
multiple choice was pretty good!

the 6 markers sucked though.

HSC
snowconesyum said:
hopefully overall it was ok. physics is lame. all those obscure questions that made u have to decide what part of the syllabus they actually wanted u to talk about before you could even start!!
the obscurity is so anus. ridiculously anus. and way too much motorage, which is my worst topic :(

vds700

HSC
Overall not too bad.

MC: Few tricky ones, but OK

Part B: There were some hard q's. I thought there was too much writing/theory and not enough calculations. Kinda screwed up some of the 6 markers. Hted the one with the external factors, just talked about Westinghouse, I know he wasnt a scientist, but couldnt think ofd factors for edison, though i did mention the comp between them.

Option: Q2Q questions were fairly straightforward, kinda wasn't prepared for the standard model thoguh, and just BS'd about Rutherford and Bohr for the last one.

I finished with about 20 mins to spare, so went back and checked everything, corrected a few silly mistakes i had made.

Raw approx mid-70's, maybe early 80's if the markers are feeling generous. Hope I can get a band 5 at least.

timmiitippii

HSC
dolbinau said:
"When the coil starts rotating, the potential difference experienced by the electrons in the wire is less than that supplied by the power supply" - Describe the origin of this effect. 3 marks.
Oh... but i remember i wrote shitloads for that question but cannot remember what i wrote... since i overwrite all my answers and write up and down the side of the pages when i run out of space = = So as far as my memory is concerned.. i remember mentioning Faraday then a shitloads of other stuff that i know was right. So now depends on if my answer interpreted Lenz or not but have no clue atm. *2 hours sleep*
Thanks for typing the quesiton out though, i cannot believe u remembered it word for word o_O

HSC
I would really love 85+ raw. Actually, anything that gets me a band 6. After the experience of my trial physics exam though, I'm not prepared to make myself think about how I went. This is the only subject that I won't discuss (i.e. look through other people's thoughts on MC and SA answers).

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Overall a good paper. The lack of projectile questions was a bit surpising. Do you know if you lose marks for writing too much? Like because you weren't concise enough or something?

tinners

HSC
:) LOL omg i cant beleve their was an optionel question! like what loser would do that! trying to kiss ass or somthin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)