General Thoughts - Physics (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
watd u guys put for y the electronbs would not feel the same POTENTIAL DIFFERENCE as the supplied emf for the motor one?
Back EMF.

HSC
i found multiple choice harder
quanta to quarks was pretty basic
i reckon i would have left some stuff out in the written answers.

JoeyTorres

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
watd u guys put for y the electronbs would not feel the same POTENTIAL DIFFERENCE as the supplied emf for the motor one?
Yea I put back EMF and talked about the law of conservation of energy. I hope I'm right.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
old.skool.kid said:
i did Von braun, so glad i studied that now. It would have been easier to talk about one of the space exploration ones i think.

Oh and quanta to quarks was heaps good. Talked about Bohr and De Broglie. The only problem i had was forgetting stuff on the standard model, and the mass defect took me ages.
mass defect did take a while, but payed off

i did edison - thought it was a pretty dumb Q (see my above post)

Bohr and de Broglie FTW!!! - LOVED THAT q, SERIOUSLY, full put in all the mathematics (how de broglie derived bohr's quantisation of angular momentum formula - they love seeing the 'underlying physics' and teh 'maths' in these Q's), and then went a bit beyond syllabus talkin about Bohr's agreement with de broglie, and how he propesed 'complimentarity', which confirmed de broglie and explained some of his original assumptions

and loved Standard model, studied this at 5 am this morning - so glad i did though

wrote almost as much as for the 6 marker - model split into force carriers (bosons) and fundamental matter particles (fermions), talked about each force and its force carrirer (& hypothesised graviton), then went on to talk about quarks, flavbous, anti quarks, --> hadrons arfe groups of quarks, baryons being groups of 3 (like proton and neutron) and mesons being groups of 2 (quark plus antiquark)

leptons - 6 flavours, including electron

yeh

loved the option!

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
WTF for that developing electrical systems or whatever, I just talked about the external factors that had to be considered - i.e. a need to be transformed for safety, economic, conveniance etc. etc. so a system should be AC

Didn't even MENTION a "Scientist", how could you even adapt Westinghouse or Edison to that question?
i did all that, but i mentioned tesla. and edison too. meh, they both needed a shout out. but all i said was that ac won over edison's dc.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Cheerybrook tech is gay. Ranked first at cherrybrook tech is like being ranked 50th at JRAHS.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
JoeyTorres said:
Yea I put back EMF and talked about the law of conservation of energy. I hope I'm right.
yeh i put back emf as well, although the Q thre me off as it said 'when the coil starts to spin', cause back emf doesnt start up until after its spinning for a while, but then realised there could be confusion, but wat they were saying is 'when it is spinning, explain why....'

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I was surprised at there being only 1 projectile motion question (and being multiple choice, too!). Usually, projectile motion is worth 5-6 marks in the paper.

Overall it was a pretty good paper. I'm thinking I got 80-85.

napster

HSC
N/A
hey i did both!
i gave the whole story and mentioned different aspects like social, financial, political and power!
and ofcourse how each was an influence on the other!

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
Hahaha I'm so stupid, I studied de Broglie and how it confirmed Bohr's model of the atom for hourssss and hoursss upon end, and then when it came to the part e of Quanta to Quarks I didn't even realised that I could use that, like I was just totally oblivious to it, so I used Pauli and Fermi and the discovery of the neutrino.

old.skool.kid

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
Lenzs law creating back emf. I think that was right.

shais

HSC
Medical Physics peice of a cake ..

sections 2 was messed up . harder then what i thought . i think i did decent.

shais

HSC
old.skool.kid said:
Lenzs law creating back emf. I think that was right.
thats a relief . got that one right

you know that primary and secondary coil one?

Which one makes the sparks? A or B ?

ddillan

HSC
old.skool.kid said:
i did Von braun, so glad i studied that now. It would have been easier to talk about one of the space exploration ones i think.
Yes i did von Braun as well. Spoke about the V2 and Saturn V

snowconesyum

HSC
ok i left feeling pretty good about it..

you know how the more you think about it the worse it seems? but i'm sticking with my initial impression, so i don't get too depressed ;)

got wrong the drawing voltage graph q, said that they both started at origin woops!
and the mass defect in q2q i forgot to put electrons... so that's why it didn't add up!

not sure if i had enough time to go into enough detail for 4 marks for the standard model of matter stuff... just drew that flowchart and briefly explained bits of it

hopefully overall it was ok. physics is lame. all those obscure questions that made u have to decide what part of the syllabus they actually wanted u to talk about before you could even start!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)