General Thoughts - Physics (1 Viewer)

sobern

HSC
proringz said:
I talked about Edison, as Westinghouse wasn't really a scientist. But I talked about how Westinghouse was an 'external influence' to Edison.
Definetely arguable as he definetely had a deep knowledge into electrical sciences, as seen through his history, what he bought etc thereby making him a scientist

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
my rap up:

MC wasnt too bad, made u think, with 1 or 2 dodgy Q's (as per usual in physics), but overall a FAIR SET OF MC

Core:

now i thought core was 'different' this year, not your straightforwards 'Syllabus' test, with more than a few triky Q's, and a lot of 3+ markers

Option (Q2Q):

this was the best part - very easy, and from wat i read, other options were piss easy aswell

so i conclude in saying that the core did tarnish wat couldve been a great paper

JoeyTorres

HSC
sobern said:
Definetely arguable as he definetely had a deep knowledge into electrical sciences, as seen through his history, what he bought etc thereby making him a scientist
Yea I talked about Westinghouse and Edison too. Hopefully, the markers will be more lenient to those who talked about Westinghouse as the scientist.
MC SUCKED!!!

MEDICAL PHYSICS WAS A BREEZE!!!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
proringz said:
I talked about Edison, as Westinghouse wasn't really a scientist. But I talked about how Westinghouse was an 'external influence' to Edison.
i was the same - started with westinghousel agreeing with Q then reealised - WESTINGHOUSE WASNT A SCIENTIST

so i changed, disagreed with Q, state external factors did NOT have a major impact on Scientists using edison, cause despite external influences such as Westinghouse, and the apparent advantages in DC, not only did he INVEST in DC with is own money, but he CONTINUED TTO MAKE HIS INVENTIONS IN DC, thus, despite AC winning in the end, the external factors did not influence Edison as a scientist

that Q i thought was dodgy in that - if u chose rocket exploration, u got hte scientist part right on, but its kinda hard to link them to 'external forces/impacts', wheras if u chose power distrribution, u could agree or disagree with the Q, but cant really elaborate on the role of the SCIENTISTS

wouldve been better a straight 3 marker - 'edison vs westinghouse debate' AND another 3 marker 'explain at least TWO contributions of a rocket scinetist' - that would amke up the 6 marks!

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC
General Thoughts:

Multi Choice was not a nice thing to start with; will problably let me down!

Short answer was really good, only a couple of questions that involved major waffle.

Medical Physics was soooo easy!

Stupid mistakes:

Fleming's LHS rule is for conventional current not electrons (IDIOT)!

Faraday is not Tesla and Tesla is not Faraday. (confusion may only kill one mark?)

Overall:

Big Smile:cool:

JamesTockuss

HSC
WTF for that developing electrical systems or whatever, I just talked about the external factors that had to be considered - i.e. a need to be transformed for safety, economic, conveniance etc. etc. so a system should be AC

Didn't even MENTION a "Scientist", how could you even adapt Westinghouse or Edison to that question?

old.skool.kid

HSC
i did Von braun, so glad i studied that now. It would have been easier to talk about one of the space exploration ones i think.

Oh and quanta to quarks was heaps good. Talked about Bohr and De Broglie. The only problem i had was forgetting stuff on the standard model, and the mass defect took me ages.

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
That test was sweeeeettttttt. Hoping for 85+ raw.

I used Werner Von Braun for the external influences on science question, and the Quanta to Quarks option was SO good. Real good paper, for once I feel like the answers I put down actually reflected the study I put in.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
JamesTockuss said:
WTF for that developing electrical systems or whatever, I just talked about the external factors that had to be considered - i.e. a need to be transformed for safety, economic, conveniance etc. etc. so a system should be AC

Didn't even MENTION a "Scientist", how could you even adapt Westinghouse or Edison to that question?
Lol, from reading some of your otehr posts you sound like you make up the physics as you go.

Jaspal

HSC
JamesTockuss said:

Haha yeah i did that to, but i talked about transformers so i put faraday in lol..

cherrybrook tech?

timmiitippii

HSC
dolbinau said:
I talked about Konstantin Tsiolovosky (spelt his name wrong < but yeah LOL).
Same i talked about konstantin tsiolkovsky (thats how i spelt it the entire time =[ )

With external influences being the Nazi party and the World War then the space race with Russia once he was in the U.S :rolleyes:

qmaz

HSC
i talked about Tesla and he developed his ac distribution system influenced by the necessity for industry to have electricity and shit like that

JamesTockuss

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
Lol, from reading some of your otehr posts you sound like you make up the physics as you go.
So that's probably why I'm ranked 1st right? Oh Aaron Judd...

HSC
Fr33Lanc3r said:
There weren't enough calculation questions.

Our teacher had been telling us all year that about 50% of the paper was calculation. Turns out there were three questions this year.
our teacher said it USED to have heaps of calculation, but in recent years writing and theory have come into it a lot, and like impacts an stuff. he also said that was to encourage more girls (you know, the whole brain thing, girls like writing, boys science/maths or whatever) but im a girl and i way prefer calculations. its right, or its wrong!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)