General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

Mr_Kap

HSC
RIP for that copper question.

I drew a straight line with negative gradient and then from C to D it was FAIRLY straight (but not exactly).

lol. at least my explanation was alright, maybe 2/5 lol.

Drsoccerball

HSC
RIP for that copper question.

I drew a straight line with negative gradient and then from C to D it was FAIRLY straight (but not exactly).

lol. at least my explanation was alright, maybe 2/5 lol.
Exactly this is why I used Extension 2 since I saw Integrand do it once and it actually worked :p

Mr_Kap

HSC
Biggest regret: Dropping 4u. Should've kept it just for physics.

was this the mechanics topic where you learnt this..because that is the ONLY 4u topic i didn;t learn.

or was it the 4u integration topic ---> because i already know 4u integration so if i could have used it i'm such a dickhead for not using it.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Biggest regret: Dropping 4u. Should've kept it just for physics.

was this the mechanics topic where you learnt this..because that is the ONLY 4u topic i didn;t learn.

or was it the 4u integration topic ---> because i already know 4u integration so if i could have used it i'm such a dickhead for not using it.
Mechanics helped me alot for physics... Mainly resistance questions...

apurba

HSC
Okay haha thought so, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay this was my reasoning for my graph:

I said as eddy currents are induced on the copper plate, causing it to slow down.
but then, the trolley passes through the magnet, and the direction of the eddy currents are then switched, causing it to experience a force in the opposite direction (i.e. accelerating it to the right slightly).

Where did I go wrong?

Drsoccerball

HSC
Hey man, I did 4u but I don't know how it could be used here. Can you explain? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
acceleration = -k

Where W is the final speed:p even though k is changing it gave me a rough estimate of what the graph looked like.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Okay this was my reasoning for my graph:

I said as eddy currents are induced on the copper plate, causing it to slow down.
but then, the trolley passes through the magnet, and the direction of the eddy currents are then switched, causing it to experience a force in the opposite direction (i.e. accelerating it to the right slightly).

Where did I go wrong?

As it leaves it is also slowed down remember how a similar experiment where a magnet dropped through a metal induces an m field to always slow down the magnet whether it enters or leaves.

Mr_Kap

HSC
As it leaves it is also slowed down remember how a similar experiment where a magnet dropped through a metal induces an m field to always slow down the magnet whether it enters or leaves.
if i explained all the shit correctly with CORRECT REASONING (i did) but drew the graph that i did (negative straight line from A to C, and then a fairly straight line from C to D), can i get 2/3 out of 5???

Drsoccerball

HSC
if i explained all the shit correctly with CORRECT REASONING (i did) but drew the graph that i did (negative straight line from A to C, and then a fairly straight line from C to D), can i get 2/3 out of 5???
I think so. Also the question would've been more amazing if there was friction from the floor aswell... But since V didnt change there was no friction...

SlimiJay

HSC
I think so. Also the question would've been more amazing if there was friction from the floor aswell... But since V didnt change there was no friction...
wait wait no friction? why wouldnt there be friction? i did my graph incorporating friction as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)