General Thoughts: Science (2 Viewers)

T K

HSC
NO WAYYY I DIDN"T KNOW THAT,
theories=made up based on reasoning(my opinion)
if thats teh case, aren't big bang theory and evolution theories justified?
justified= no longer theory????
therefore become law???
I wish to hear some comment thx
Definitions from BoS:

Law: A simple and precise statement that has been shown to be universally reliable. It describes phenomena that occur with unvarying regularity under the same conditions. Laws do not provide explanations, they simply state the relationship between two relevant variables. No scientific law is ever conclusively verified.

Theory: A coherent explanation of a body experimental evidence, based upon a small number of assumptions. A theory provides predictions that can be tested against observations but is open to doubt and refutation.

JasonHili

HSC
there was something about passing down diseases from fam members rite? i did hereditary, and im happy i spelt it rite :)

Z

Zamie

Lol i did that too but my explanation was fail. I said birds from neighbouring islands had different shaped beaks depending on the food source xD. Obviously referring to the Finches from Galapagos(sp) Islands, just wasnt sure on the names.:spin:
Thats the example i used too, whats wrong with it?

FirzenExpert

HSC
Definitions from BoS:

Law: A simple and precise statement that has been shown to be universally reliable. It describes phenomena that occur with unvarying regularity under the same conditions. Laws do not provide explanations, they simply state the relationship between two relevant variables. No scientific law is ever conclusively verified.

Theory: A coherent explanation of a body experimental evidence, based upon a small number of assumptions. A theory provides predictions that can be tested against observations but is open to doubt and refutation.
Prosu this guy, Thanks anyways, basically theory means "has supporters" and law means undebatable somewat. Omg dam it lost was it 3 or 5marks -.-

MzG1zi

HSC
there was something about passing down diseases from fam members rite? i did hereditary, and im happy i spelt it rite :)
there was :O
i knew i missed a question
or are you talking about that 4 mark question where you write in those boxes the stages of natural selection?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
No it asked about person to person i think and the answer was Infectious. (or maybe contagious, noone is sure)

Mudkip94

HSC
Umm... what? I don't remember that... There was a question about passing diseases from human to human though...

zxreth

HSC
what did u guys get for the question which said what were two experimental techniques used while experimenting on the sport drink?? i wrote the had a control of normal water and the made a table to record their results in. am i right?? :S

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
someone please explain to me what the computer recognises and what it doesnt, Is PH wrong for the question about acidity? I got a question wrong but i proceeded to right the correct answer next to it, Does that mean i get it wrong?

T K

HSC
No it asked about person to person i think and the answer was Infectious. (or maybe contagious, noone is sure)
It's infectious; my trial exam had the exact same questions, and I remember people who did contagious got it marked incorrect.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
someone please explain to me what the computer recognises and what it doesnt, Is PH wrong for the question about acidity? I got a question wrong but i proceeded to right the correct answer next to it, Does that mean i get it wrong?
Personally i think there is a list of possible answers which are correct and a list of answers which are deffinetely wrong. All others are checked by human incase of really messy writing or weird spelling etc.

Mudkip94

HSC
what did u guys get for the question which said what were two experimental techniques used while experimenting on the sport drink?? i wrote the had a control of normal water and the made a table to record their results in. am i right?? :S
I wrote they controlled the people's fitness and used a large sample.

MzG1zi

HSC
i think so. i said the scientists had a control variable by using teenagers the same age with the same athletic capabilities, and i also said they based the experiment upon 500 people, i.e. the results are reliable

GrassFarm

HSC
The correct answer is lower than 4000 hertz, I think.

Also, I decided to dispute them on that question - writing that an MP3 is a file format, and they should always refer to is as an MP3 PLAYER. Douches.

The only douche is YOU. You listen to an audio representation of the data that's stored in MP3, so you ARE listening to an MP3, whether it's through an MP3 player or otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)