General Thoughts: SOR 2 (1 Viewer)

skeptic_

HSC
for section 3 what the hell were you meant to write to get 20 fucking marks!
that was ridiculous.....

and as for religion and peace... that was completely bizarre

worst paper ever...

i gave up and walked out an hour early

DUDE like what was that exam ?

SECTION III on christianity! i was like whatt the hecck?

I had to choose my section II carefully section 3 was like screwed!

Like it had nothing about Ethics/Significant Person or Practice on christianity.
i was like what the heck? seriously this is screwed but im glad i wrote stuff from experience! seriously that SECTIION III i dont think anyone in the state prepared for that unless they actually knew the year 11 syllabus inside and out!

supermiraa

HSC
OH MY GKAJSDKJD
i jsut realised
FOR PEACE I WROTE ABOUT ISLAM... and the 5 pillars... BUT I ACCIDENTALLY WROTE 5 PRECEPTS.
fml.
how man marks do u reckon ill lose for mentioning 5 precepts once.
:mad1:

Bri1991

HSC
if any of you have facebook add the new group that someone made
it is called
Studies of Religion 1 and 2 HSC 2009 Exam.

so just search for it

chumasicaloo

HSC
SOR II exam...thoughts?

So, i think i managed to adapt the info to the essay questions, but WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH THE DEPTH STUDY QUESTIONS???

seriously, i did Islam and talked about environmental ethics, 5 pillars and Hajj predominatley, and how the Qur'an guides people in these things.

But no past papers had vague questions like these!

So what is everyone else thinking about this?

Bridgettemeyer

HSC
Re: SOR II exam...thoughts?

WHAT THE HELL!?? I did the Judaism one and let me tell I had NO IDEA what the hell I was talking about. It was the worst exam ever.

HSC
Re: SOR II exam...thoughts?

Christianity was fucked; that was uni level definitely. I doubt many people could comprehend the meaning of that quote in the five minutes reading time.

So I did Islam, that was the only one that was pretty straightforward; it was basically 'tell me how the Qur'an effects Muslim's lives' but I didn't have many quotes for it so yeah that was a bitch.

Religion and peace was confusing but not too back I reckon.

about7

HSC
man... FML...

i started talking about buddhism ethics and came out with the significant practise... it was the only way i could integrate that second (ridiculous) quote in there :|

there goes my ATAR.... :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
apparently there's going to be a massive uproar when they get to marking.

exam writers have to stop cutting their weed with acid.

Chloe_t

HSC
Apparently there has been many phone calls made to the BOS, misadventure forms have been filled out for some schools and a whole school walked out.With this kind of uproar I am pretty sure that the BOS will have their hand forced towards giving us some kind of scaling and bettering the marks..
Other wise we are all just gonna look like dumbshits.
Unfortunately after the exam it is easier to see where they have manipulated the syllabus to fit some of the questions but they are so left-field and unlike anything anyone was prepared for, so hopefully they take this into account.

After walking out of the exam room, my class had a huge bitch about the exam, but didn't think too harshly of it, rather that we just weren't well prepared, hearing that practically the whole state is in an uproar is almost awesome, in a really unfortunate way.. At least we're all in it together..

PS. I am planning on boycotting the rest of the HSC, eff the BOS.

MzBiiBii

HSC
It was weird, I remember answering section 3 thinking, omg the markers aren't even going finish reading mine coz its so bad... I thought i was the only one who didnt understand it lol which made me feel even worse :(peace was alrite, i had a few problems with multiple choice :|there some where i just couldnt choose from

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Where are you hearing all these stories about walking out of the exam right at the start?? I want to read them / see them / hear them in their original form...just for funzies though, not for authentication, or anything.

t0m91

HSC
I honestly didn't mind the section 3 questions. I'm just pissed cause I said one of the 5 pillars of Islam was Jihad. I thought the peace one wasn't to difficult and pretty straightforward...but maybe I have just misinterpreted it and fucked up big time.

ralems

HSC
N/A
I had to choose form Christianity and Islam ... :| they were both soooooooo efffffed! and i ended up doing christianity :| cos i wanted to do Islam in the short answer! I DIEEEEEED WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!

catherinet

HSC
I found the peace question quite gay!

It only asked for 1 religion.. and i prepared for 2.
So i could only write half an essay.
FML

oh, and section 3 was bullshit. that is all.

monsters

HSC
the two extended responses were absolutely brilliant, it tests those who actually paid attention throughout hsc AND prelim course, to combine our knowledge gained in both. section three required knowledge of everything we've learnt in the course and from last year - to develop an understanding on the role religion plays in the life of adherents and how their behaviour is dictated by sacred texts and the model of prophets etc. i loved the question on peace, i'm passionate about islamic misinterpretations so i flew through it all, finishing with an hour to spare. the board of studies are smart, and they aren't sadistic. we were taught everything that was in the exam, don't go condemning them.

monsters

HSC
Where are you hearing all these stories about walking out of the exam right at the start?? I want to read them / see them / hear them in their original form...just for funzies though, not for authentication, or anything.
people walked out? hahahahahahah weak..

Boo142

HSC
i totally agree with everything everyone has said

is there any way we can officially complain to the BOS or something...i has hoping to go well in SOR but there goes that

thefergmister

HSC
Not to ruin the whole pessimism but religion and peace was pretty easy you just had to say no or yes i did Islam no really that hard butSection 3 errrrg intially if you thought about it you just had to cover everything i got 8 pages soooo i dunno good luck

elfyem

HSC
well bos has stuffed our chances of getting anywhere in life

happy now? or shall you stuff up the rest of our exams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)