6. C
7. D
8. D
9. A
10.D

Kimbles2011

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Studies of Religion I

For the essay I wrote about all three fields: St Paul, Enviro ethics and sat/sun worship.

I said that compassion was about christian love and that justice was about action. And then I did this sort of structure:
- Sat/Sun worship - compassion
-Enviro ethics - compassion
- St Paul - compassion
- Sat/Sunday - justice
- Enviro ethics - justice
- St Paul - justice

And I talked about denominational differences for each section and how denominations did not unite in the area of ethics which meant that justice was not fully achieved.....

Yeah. Don't know if that is right????

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

I threw the whole lot in section III. Section II repetitive shit and made me stress so much over other topics for nothing >< fuck you HSC. And Mutliple choice was fairly alright, still 1 or 2 questions in there that slapped me in the face. Short answer was 'sort of' an easy question to understand, just really hard to explain it in words.

mitchh81

HSC

My Multiple choice answers
1. b
2. b
3. c
4. c
5. a
6. c
7. d
8. c
9. a
10. b

plasticities

HSC

I was happy with the extended response for Islam, I managed to bring everything I said back to compassion and justice. Section II was annoying because I kept repeating myself, just differing how much detail I went into. Multiple choice were kinda tricky, I didn't get to go over it again, the Uniting Church question was hard because I forgot to revise that, but hopefully I do well. Hoping for a band 6 :S

dela_

HSC
N/A

My multiple choice answers were:

1.b
2.b
3.c
4.c
5.a
6.c
7.d
8.d
9.a
10. d <-- i know this is wrong .. i just realised:(

D94

HSC
N/A

I threw the whole lot in section III. Section II repetitive shit and made me stress so much over other topics for nothing >< fuck you HSC. And Mutliple choice was fairly alright, still 1 or 2 questions in there that slapped me in the face. Short answer was 'sort of' an easy question to understand, just really hard to explain it in words.
Yeah, sounds like what I did. I didn't think you could answer Section 2 without some reference to a quote, or focus point, otherwise it was too repetitive or obvious.

sod

HSC
N/A

MULTIPLE CHOICE:

1. B (definition of ecumenical is essentially Christian unity)
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. A
10. B

i reckon they're right i would only be unsure about 1 because D sounded very right too

i think Section II was trying to get us to also focus on that first key word so OUTLINE (very very brief) SUMMARISE (brief sentence on previous question) TO WHAT EXTENT (actually comment and say what you can with as much detail as possible in that ridiculous amount of lines)

Section III was tough for Hinduism! But I figured that there were too many people in the state doing christianity and it was better to go for the abstract religious essay rather than doing christianity as the essay and hinduism for Section II

lil_pembo

HSC

I dropped SOR the day before trials started :)
Would love to see the paper though, anyone know of an uploaded copy?

hartmann

HSC

1.C (cause mutual understanding is more inter faith and Unification is not right cause they dont really agree on everything and still want to be separate)
2.B
3.C
4.C
5.A (Lucky i revised it just before the exam so im 100% it was methodists that supported it)
6.C
7.D
8.D
9.A
10.B

Section II was ok but waste of time cause it focused just on person so pretty much just resaid everything slighty different each time. Section III was good but dumb that they were all the same! went for Islam cause atleast less people doing it than christianity and spoke on all 3 aspects hopefully linking properly! All in all pretty good exam!! :)

Implying

HSC

Can someone tell me what they wrote for the essay??

I'm pretty sure I answered the essay wrongly, as I said the statement was about that different religions hold different beliefs/traditions which should be followed throughout the life of their human existance and then talked about marriage and how it was different too other practises of marriage in different religions........
i wrote about judaism and said that it clearly focuses on compassion even though others may focus on justice. The statement clearly gave you a choice between justic or compassion

ReneeApple

HSC

Can someone post the multiple choice questions? I didn't get to keep the paper

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad

What did you guys get for your M/C ???

Got

1. B
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. A
10.D
i got exactly the same except for 10 i said B coz i think theres more young people

ReneeApple

HSC

The statement clearly gave you a choice between justic or compassion
Which I thought was stupid because to me justice and compassion are pretty intertwined. I didn't really understand how they could say some religions emphasise one of them. Weird question.

sod

HSC
N/A

1.C (cause mutual understanding is more inter faith and Unification is not right cause they dont really agree on everything and still want to be separate)
this is from the nsw ecumenical council: "As churches together we are committed to a journey of peace and reconciliation for ourselves and our world, rediscovering our unity in the love of Christ in order that God's love and healing may be known to all. Being together enables us to know God more deeply, to express a common voice on issues of concern in society, and to work together on specific projects concerning the churches and the needs of the wider community"

- that would appear to be unity & social justice??

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

section II was good, enjoyed writing about dalai lama, even though the questions were similar. however, my essay was all over the place. but overall, i think i did quite well.

multiple choice:

1.C
2.B
3.C
4.C
5.D
6.C
7.D
8.D
9.A
10.B
Did you guys get to take home the paper?

M4N1

HSC

Really unsure about the answers to MC Questions 1,4 and 8. I put:
1) C
4) D
8) D
What do you think the answers are since I'm confused for these three.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

yes always
lol what the hell, my supervisors say they have to take it back due to some new rule BOS implemented this year. :/ What is BOS actually gona do with it though? Unless they got paid to recycle their papers or something :/

But we got to take home maths, because we had different supervisors and they probably didn't know :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)