general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Re: 回复: general UNSW chit-chat

Most gigs at the Roundhouse are shit.
Most parties at the Roundhouse are shit. The roundhouse itself is shit too. It's too dark and the entire ground level is in need of a entire renovation.

Parties I must repeat are especially shit considering that the only people who tend to go are white, early to mid-20's randoms who don't even go to our uni.

(Finally managed to get an internet connection overseas....)

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: general UNSW chit-chat

I've always been disappointed with the quality of the parties at the roundhouse, even during last oktoberfest.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
We need a more lively discussion here.

Hmmmm.......

Ok.

Tell us something interesting about yourself that we dont know.

For me

I used to play State Basketball for NSW and competed in the Australian Championships (where we came 6th)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
awesome!

I sucked at every sport during high school, including school sport on wednesday arvo's.

Only thing i didnt suck at was when i chose to do weights for sports. A year of doing weights gave me very impressive muscle growth, and many more friends too. I wonder if they've got something to do with each other.... :wonders:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
awesome!

I sucked at every sport during high school, including school sport on wednesday arvo's.

Only thing i didnt suck at was when i chose to do weights for sports. A year of doing weights gave me very impressive muscle growth, and many more friends too. I wonder if they've got something to do with each other.... :wonders:
lol cool, Ive never done weights before.

Im very weak, i went to the gym once, you know that thing weightlifters push up (cant remember what they're called). I tryed to do the one where your on your back and you push it up. I had trouble just lifting up the bar and keeping it steady :S

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol, benchpress.

I didnt used to use it much, but i could lift 50kg when i was in early yr11

edit: as in 3 sets of 20 reps of 50kg :)

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
We need a more lively discussion here.

Hmmmm.......

Ok.

Tell us something interesting about yourself that we dont know.

For me

I used to play State Basketball for NSW and competed in the Australian Championships (where we came 6th)
I can spin a basketball on my finger for a very long time and then swap fingers?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I've exceeded the lethal BAC more than once.

I've won in public speaking competitions at a state and national level.
Cool wow, lol my school used to particapate in debating competitions.. we got owned in every single debate we had.

HSC
Why doesn't UNSW have its own bos social group? All the other cool unis have them :(

Noobtron

HSC
i know this question has been asked 100000000000000000000000000 times, but there is a laptop for sale currently at a price that wont be repeated, i am fearing that prices will go up on all laptops after this week

I am doing commerce at unsw this year and was wondering, is it commonly used by students and does it help?

I dont like writing out hundreds of pages of notes, if that was to occur i would probably get a laptop, but do they get any use in this course?

litany

Helpfool
HSC
You don't need a laptop. Really. Print out the lecture notes and write on them - I find that 10 times more effective than using a laptop. This is because you can write ANYWHERE on the lecture notes, whereas you won't be able to achieve that level of freedom on a laptop. Something I find infinitely more useful as it allows you to make specific note of important key points or draw attention to a certain idea with your own unique notation.

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
You don't need a laptop. Really. Print out the lecture notes and write on them - I find that 10 times more effective than using a laptop. This is because you can write ANYWHERE on the lecture notes, whereas you won't be able to achieve that level of freedom on a laptop. Something I find infinitely more useful as it allows you to make specific note of important key points or draw attention to a certain idea with your own unique notation.
Thats really good advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)