• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (5 Viewers)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
@kent: i would have stayed to chat but i had a presentation to do for the class i was late for =P

@corey: haha yeh i thought id do that for the LULZ =P

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Did anyone see law revue this year? If so, was it shit or better than last year (which was also still shit)?

Tim035

HSC
Parking Rangers went on a spree this week, apparently it's race week, so they've just been booking every single car that parks on the road that runs the length of the race course.

I dodged a bullet, when I pulled up on Monday the parking ranger was their booking cars and told me- I wouldn't stop here if I were you, it's a race week.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
CAUTION:

A potential campus-wide strike will be held by unions resulting in no classes being held on Wednesday after the midsession break.

If you are in MATH2089, Jake will notify you on the Engineering Statistics Vista eLearning page considering it runs on Wednesdays.

I haven't seen leslie in awhile but Im amused everytime I see his 'peace out' gif dp on msn.

I had the worst midsession today. 2 of the pages were missing in the exam booklet because it wasnt printed out correctly so the lecturer had to write half the questions on the board and then show some of the multichoice on the overhead screen in the CLB.
hahahaha shit.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
fuck i'm going to hate statistics so much.

fuckin die plz

Garygaz

HSC
CAUTION:

A potential campus-wide strike will be held by unions resulting in no classes being held on Wednesday after the midsession break.

If you are in MATH2089, Jake will notify you on the Engineering Statistics Vista eLearning page considering it runs on Wednesdays.

hahahaha shit.
Why? And why not do it on the Monday so we get a longer mid session break?

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
Fuck I hate revue season.
ME TOO.

I get the impression that, from the corny slogans/puns etc and enthusiasm from the revue people, the idea is that they're trying to make it (a revue) so lame that it ends up being funny. However, to me, it just seems...so lame that it's not funny.

Do the revues actually turn out to be OK, or are they pretty much a reflection of the advertising campaign?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
today i had 2 ppl survey me and talk to me about religion and the afterlife and jesus, lol.

the dude had an insanely pimply face and wonky teeth, chick was sorta pretty.

"[survey survey afterlife heaven hell religion survey] So um, yeah, JesusJesusJesusJesusJesusJesus! ^_^"

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Fuck I hate revue season.
lol from what I've heard so far, Law Revue has been alright-ish so far. Apparently there's this sketch where it someone goes "KAPOW!" and everyone lmao'ed. Oh and Friday Law Revues = Full Frontal Nudity ;)

SFinspired

HSC
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying for Yellow Shirts..
Looking to meet great people and make new friends.

Can anyone shed some experience on this?

Cheers

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
ME TOO.

I get the impression that, from the corny slogans/puns etc and enthusiasm from the revue people, the idea is that they're trying to make it (a revue) so lame that it ends up being funny. However, to me, it just seems...so lame that it's not funny.

Do the revues actually turn out to be OK, or are they pretty much a reflection of the advertising campaign?
It depends on how much fun the revue people are having. Apparently, if they are having too much fun and not really rehearsing that often, then it is usually shit. It's a mixed bag as far as I'm concerned. An entire revue is never funny. But if it makes you laugh for even half of it, then it's succeeded.

lol from what I've heard so far, Law Revue has been alright-ish so far. Apparently there's this sketch where it someone goes "KAPOW!" and everyone lmao'ed. Oh and Friday Law Revues = Full Frontal Nudity ;)
I fucking hate it when they do nudie runs...

Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying for Yellow Shirts..
Looking to meet great people and make new friends.

Can anyone shed some experience on this?

Cheers
Applications will close today. So if you haven't applied yet, you won't be able to do it this year. Otherwise if you have, it's a good thing to do. Meet new people, make friends, etc, etc. I've done it. In terms of getting in, its about 50/50. Usually twice the amount of people apply and only half get in. I heard it was the same thing this year from some of the organising team yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)