general UNSW chit-chat (7 Viewers)

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
deselect all but the first week on your time table on myunsw and find out. e.g. for me, the second scheduled tute for discrete math in week 1 is the first tute.

elfm

HSC
most lecturers don't follow the first week timetable that closely. 8 times out of 10 i'd say there isn't a tute on the first week (at least for my course). the lecturer should tell u if there is or isnt one on the first week anyway

drmix

HSC
N/A
the myunsw week by week system fails most of the time

follow wat it says in the course's outline in regards to lectures and tutorials

Chris.

HSC
i just realised that the cardboard thing near the main stairs going upwards the uni is spose to be a worm. I hope they go ahead and make it....looks cool.

Chris.

HSC
im pretty sure that was like a draft model or something to see what it would look like....thats why it was made out of cardboard first.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Ohh were they worms? Didn't see the head...but the body could be seen.

Wow, anyway they were there like at least 1 week prior to S2 commencing..

Man anyone finding Semester 2 rather crazy? There's so many assessments (near week 12-14), Prac/Tutorial tests (every week)...Or maybe its just us poor Science students...:confused:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Chris. said:
im pretty sure that was like a draft model or something to see what it would look like....thats why it was made out of cardboard first.
Oh right, that makes sense.

I didn't really like it :\

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Ohh were they worms? Didn't see the head...but the body could be seen.

Wow, anyway they were there like at least 1 week prior to S2 commencing..

Man anyone finding Semester 2 rather crazy? There's so many assessments (near week 12-14), Prac/Tutorial tests (every week)...Or maybe its just us poor Science students...:confused:
Depends on the subjects you've picked really.

elfm

HSC
it was supposed to be a serpeant, or originally, a book worm type thing

it was supposed to have a compartment for books in the underside of the serpeant, and people were supposed to sit under the serpeant to read the shared community books so that everybody learns! well, that was the original idea anyway.

it was supposed to be made out of bamboo with some sorta nice fabric over the top with cool lights under the fabric... but costs and other stuff meant that it couldnt happen

the thing IS (or was) the final structure, and it was supposed to be erected for only a few weeks for an international conference during july sometime.

Chris.

HSC
books inside?? thats a bad idea..

i just want them to build it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)