German continuers Anyone? (1 Viewer)

ngoetz

HSC
Fingers crossed - don't want to lose too many marks! hahaha

I was in the South, such an amazing experience.
What part of Germany are you from? :)
Haha yeah it is very beautiful there!! Born in the South in Freiburg, lived there for almost year, then ten years in Zurich, Switzerland and I've been here for six now.

ngoetz

HSC
Tuesday :/ and thank you :)

By the way, just out of curiosity, what were your prescribed texts for English?

Kimbles2011

HSC
Tuesday :/ and thank you :)

By the way, just out of curiosity, what were your prescribed texts for English?
Toi Toi Toi! :p

That's a random question. But my texts are Letters to Alice and P&P, Hamlet and Levertov poetry.

Hbu ngoetz?

ngoetz

HSC
Haha Skrzynecki, Cloudstreet, Richard III and Looking for Richard and The Justice Game :) They're meh, extension is way better. Crime is quite fun :)

Kimbles2011

HSC
Skrzynecki would have been great for belonging to place! ahahah! Wish I'd done extension, but there is always time for further study next year!

ngoetz

HSC
Skrzynecki would have been great for belonging to place! ahahah! Wish I'd done extension, but there is always time for further study next year!
Urghh nah the poetry is reaaally bad, the only thing worse is aboriginal poetry. Perfume by Patrick Sueskind is my related text but, to spice things up a little :p

What do you want to study anyways?

Kimbles2011

HSC
Sorry for the late reply!
Interesting - I just did an Atwood poem for my related.

Um, I'd like to study Germanic studies at Sydney. Depending on my Atar I could do combined law - but I'm guessing there is a very very very slim chance of that happening. I'm also interested at Psych at Sydney. But basically I want to learn another language, maybe french or spanish...So yeah. But I want a good qualification too. I'm not too sure really...I always thought I wanted to do medicine, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, that's a general run down of my lack of direction. How about you ngoetz? Atar aim? :)

ngoetz

HSC
Haha no worries.
Hmm Kimbles, Germanic studies sounds good :) I personally wouldn't pick up a third language, because I think its better to know two languages really well than manage to get by in a third.

And why not med? Did you do the Umat? I'm sure being white (presumably?) and doing a language would help you stand out in the interview from the hordes of asian children doing four unit maths :p

As for my Atar aim, shoot for the stars and land on the moon :) I'm going for 99.95 but anything over 99 would make me very happy. I wanna study Medicine... but my parents are going to move to brisbane when I'm done with my HSC so Ill proably study at the University of Queensland.

Kimbles2011

HSC
Yeah - I'll see what happens I guess. That's true about the third language, I think I'd keep up German and take up French because it's a versatile language (Language of the UN) :)

I do want to do med, but at the same time, I love languages and humanities...
I can see myself being a doctor but it's so hard. And yes, I did do the Umat but didn't score that well. I didn't do badly but I just didn't do well enough. And I don't particularly want to do Med Science...So I could do it as a graduate!?!?!

You sound like me! Hahahaha, I agree that you should aim for the moon and if you fall you'll land among the stars. Some people think that's crazy and over ambitious but I'll be happy with something over 95...But very happy with something over 98 :)

Any advice?

ngoetz

HSC
Haha screw those people! You could do something like international relations or whatever? Become a diplomat :p

Well, some Unis (like Queensland for example) have a program where you do a Bachelor for two years (are languages included in B/Arts?) and then you do Med for the remaining four...

But Med Science isn't that bad. My Dad is in Medical Research and he really likes it. Plus its not as intense as being a doctor.

If you do Graduate Med, is it eight years all up?

yours

HSC
for extension in the böse Hänsel and gretel story, is the witch who "musste elendiglich verbrennen" the SAME witch who told the lion the story? : "das weiß ich von jener Hexe, die sie (die Geschichte) mir anvertraut hat"

It's logically impossible. what do you think ngoetz

ngoetz

HSC
A large part of the story is challenging how readily people believed the original fairy tale even though it was "wrong". This is an ironic twist because it suggests this isnt quite the truth either and that the truth lies in between. This is underscored by how evil the little kids are, which seems rather unrealistic.

Last edited:

yours

HSC
A large part of the story is challenging how readily people believed the original fairy tale even though it was "wrong". This is an ironic twist because it suggests this isnt quite the truth either and that the truth lies in between. This is underscored by how evil the little kids are, which seems rather unrealistic.
I know that. What about the witch paradox?

ngoetz

HSC
I know that. What about the witch paradox?
That's the point. The dead witch cant have told that story so the story told by the dog and the lion isn't the truth either. So its ironic because they challenge the original fairy tale even though the one they tell is wrong. The truth seems to lie in between.

Last edited:

yours

HSC
That's the point. The dead witch cant have told that story so the story told by the dog and the lion isn't the truth either. So its ironic because they challenge the original fairy tale even though the one they tell is wrong. The truth seems to lie in between.
thanks for your insight!

Kimbles2011

HSC
Haha screw those people! You could do something like international relations or whatever? Become a diplomat :p

Well, some Unis (like Queensland for example) have a program where you do a Bachelor for two years (are languages included in B/Arts?) and then you do Med for the remaining four...

But Med Science isn't that bad. My Dad is in Medical Research and he really likes it. Plus its not as intense as being a doctor.

If you do Graduate Med, is it eight years all up?
Good advice. I think I could see myself as a diplomat, I'd like to think I'm diplomatic ahahahahahahahaha....

I dunno. I'll think about my future after the HSC :)

Hope your Extension study is going well!

ngoetz

HSC
Haha thanks it's going alright :p I'm just glad it's over soon :)

ngoetz

HSC
wow! you reply so quickly! :) Don't stress - I'm sure it'll be great. When is your last exam? Did you have maths today?
Haha I'm on iPod touch that's why :p

Yeah I accelerate maths and German extension so tomorrow is my last exam :) haha maths went okay because I only studied for German (couldnt do the proving it's at a ratio of 2:1 thing and the very last part of 10). I'm doing four unit this year so it doesn't count anyways :)

What about you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)