Get 99.95 although bombed assessment but killed trials and HSC? (1 Viewer)

Kamal15

HSC
You should definitely try as hard as possible to reach your potential from here on in. That said that 99.95 isn't sitting around waiting for you to get serious about the HSC when there is only 4 months till the exams. Why should it go to you when as Aerath mentioned the HSC demands consistency the whole way through? If I were you I would put thoughts of ATAR out of my head and focus on the next set of exams to turn that 40-60% into a 90+. Once you have finished your trials and you know you gave it your all, that is when you should have a little think about ATAR and which university courses you would like to put on your UAC app which is due about that time.

NewiJapper

HSC
Nope.

I'm just going to say it now.

All 99.95'ers are consistent workers who earn that top mark.

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
A person who bombed his assessments doesnt have what it takes to get 100% in the trials and externals. Its hard to get that mark even if you are 99.95 material because near that ATAR just a few marks means a lot and marking is a sometimes whimsical and subjective thing. You have to be smart AND lucky.

100percentdux

HSC
N/A
A person who bombed his assessments doesnt have what it takes to get 100% in the trials and externals. Its hard to get that mark even if you are 99.95 material because near that ATAR just a few marks means a lot and marking is a sometimes whimsical and subjective thing. You have to be smart AND lucky.
Marking is whimsical and subjective if you do arts based subjects.
For Maths and Science it's definite.

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
Marking is whimsical and subjective even for subjects such as maths and science, this is what the ex-forum member lyounamu (who got 99.95 and state ranking for maths) said himself and this is especially significant at the extreme high end of marks where 1 mark means the difference between several ranks. If you want to ignore other people's statements just because they make you uncomfortable, then go ahead, just don't come back crying when your ignorance betrays what you see in reality.

100percentdux

HSC
N/A
Marking is whimsical and subjective even for subjects such as maths and science, this is what the ex-forum member lyounamu (who got 99.95 and state ranking for maths) said himself and this is especially significant at the extreme high end of marks where 1 mark means the difference between several ranks. If you want to ignore other people's statements just because they make you uncomfortable, then go ahead, just don't come back crying when your ignorance betrays what you see in reality.
I know this is the fact. But what does it mean then?

the1

HSC
Your school mark gets moderated, and the person coming 1st internally will get the top mark externally.
Would you be able to clarify this for me please.

How does this work exactly.

Does the person who ranks 1st in their school get the best mark from the external exams no matter how they go in the HSC? What happens to the person who actually got that mark?

Also does that only happen for 1st place or does second place throughout school also get 2nd place mark externally?

the1

HSC
Thanks for that.

How does it work for people who come second in their school ranking?

hscishard

HSC
Thanks for that.

How does it work for people who come second in their school ranking?
BOS(board) hasn't published this process in a pdf from what I know. Though data analysis and statistics will definitely be involved in this process.

@OP If you manage to come first in your ranks, 99.95 is definitely possible. This makes me wonder if it's better to go a high ranked school where everyone does awsome or to go a crap school and come first in everything and do awsome in your externals...

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
BOS(board) hasn't published this process in a pdf from what I know. Though data analysis and statistics will definitely be involved in this process.

@OP If you manage to come first in your ranks, 99.95 is definitely possible. This makes me wonder if it's better to go a high ranked school where everyone does awsome or to go a crap school and come first in everything and do awsome in your externals...
Higher ranked school, even if you come average and somehow do poorly in your externals, you will experience an upward force.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)