getting into engineering at unsw (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello all,

I really want to get into unsw but it turns out that I got 88.30. The atar for the course is 91+ and I'm not really sure if I'd get in even with 5 bonus points or whatever. The site says "atar + bonus points" but i'm still not sure.

And I didn't apply for FEAS cause I thought it was automatic :cry: Is it too late to do anything about that?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
hahah you'll get in mate

don't worry about it

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
That's just the suggested atar, it could go up or down. Tommykins, don't get his hopes up, just expect whatever. If you don't make it this year you can transfer later!

M@ster P

HSC
Hello all,

I really want to get into unsw but it turns out that I got 88.30. The atar for the course is 91+ and I'm not really sure if I'd get in even with 5 bonus points or whatever. The site says "atar + bonus points" but i'm still not sure.

And I didn't apply for FEAS cause I thought it was automatic :cry: Is it too late to do anything about that?

I reckon there is a very good chance for you to get it considering if you get all 5 bonus points. Should of applied for FEAS though

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
That's just the suggested atar, it could go up or down. Tommykins, don't get his hopes up, just expect whatever. If you don't make it this year you can transfer later!
uh shut up you have no idea

thanks.

Nuclear

HSC
re-tard
name one thing i have said that is incorrect?
unlike you giving him false hope
It's not false hope, that's his point.

TO get into a course you don't HAVE to get the cut off. Just decently close to it. It also depends on how many students join and everything. He also has 5 bonus points. He'll make it.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
Yeah, ATAR is a screening system to stop ppl with less than 60 ATAR applying for law degrees. It depends on the demand, really.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
It's not false hope, that's his point.

TO get into a course you don't HAVE to get the cut off. Just decently close to it. It also depends on how many students join and everything. He also has 5 bonus points. He'll make it.
Yeh that was my point as well, I never said he couldn't make it. I was talking about alternative entry just like you. I understand this system and I already knew everything you just said. I was merely suggesting that if he didn't make the cut off, there are a billion other ways of getting in (such as transferring).

Tommykins does B Engineering at UNSW, hence he would collaborate with others within his course hence would know more than you about it.
Never said he didn't know more than me, he probably does, but he didn't exactly give good advice, he just goes "yeh you'll make it".

Nuclear

HSC
Yeh that was my point as well, I never said he couldn't make it. I was talking about alternative entry just like you. I understand this system and I already knew everything you just said. I was merely suggesting that if he didn't make the cut off, there are a billion other ways of getting in (such as transferring).

Never said he didn't know more than me, he probably does, but he didn't exactly give good advice, he just goes "yeh you'll make it".
What I'm saying is, you don't HAVE to go through alternate methods to make the course. My brother got into a BA at Usyd which needed 83 when he got 80. First round offer. I know of a friend who got into an 80 UAI B commerce on second round with a 72. It's not only people who got the cut off who will make it straight away.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
What I'm saying is, you don't HAVE to go through alternate methods to make the course. My brother got into a BA at Usyd which needed 83 when he got 80. First round offer. I know of a friend who got into an 80 UAI B commerce on second round with a 72. It's not only people who got the cut off who will make it straight away.
lol.

I never denied that I understand what you're saying, I was just pointing out alternative entry JUST INCASE this doesn't happen. Course demands are uncertain and the cut off at this stage is just a guestimated one - a course that is now 88 could go up to 91 due to popular demand just for example.

Nuclear

HSC
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you implied that if you didn't reach the cut off, you needed to find an alternate method.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)