Getting into selective high school 2021 year 11 entry (1 Viewer)

Kurrison

HSC
Anyways, I think you are stressing out too much about this, you have a good chance lol, if you don't make it you can always perform equally well in your current school
Kind of stressing out but thanks. I honesty i had a lot of bad relationship with my current school.

Kurrison

HSC
I have a really deep history with that school.

idkkdi

HSC
I have a really deep history with that school.
Bruh, if you actually made national athletics in 100m, you should have no problem becoming an import into SBHS. Stop fretting. Just apply to as many schools as possible and hope for the best. Honestly, you should have gone private, but you missed that, so make sure you don't miss the selective school rounds.

Kurrison

HSC
Bruh, if you actually made national athletics in 100m, you should have no problem becoming an import into SBHS. Stop fretting. Just apply to as many schools as possible and hope for the best. Honestly, you should have gone private, but you missed that, so make sure you don't miss the selective school rounds.
Thanks, I will make sure I will apply many schools as possible. Honestly, my parent did not want me go to private school so yeah I know only option is I can try out for Sydney Grammar scholarship. Definitely not miss out on selective school rounds.

idkkdi

HSC
Thanks, I will make sure I will apply many schools as possible. Honestly, my parent did not want me go to private school so yeah I know only option is I can try out for Sydney Grammar scholarship. Definitely not miss out on selective school rounds.
Grammar doesn't offer scholarships for yr 11?

Kurrison

HSC
I means the entrance exam with awarded scholarship only if you do well on entrance exam

Kurrison

HSC
No such thing lmao. Otherwise I would have swooped in for a transfer in y11.
Bruh, never mind. But do you think is it worth to tryout for Sydney Grammar while I am doing for other three selective public high schools?

Minari243

HSC
I did say the Maths involved was at 5.3 Level and a couple "stumpers" to catch students off guard.

Some people suggest the general ability to be like an IQ test where you like have to determine which shape fits the box or whatever.
The English test is comprehension where you have to refer to a slab of text, then answer questions based on it. You may also have to write an essay.

I think it has to be immediate family or perhaps cousins?
Hmmm I did the HAST last year but I don't really remember much 5.3 maths being in the paper. The questions were more like AMC questions based on logic and stuff. Also the paper was actually called Maths and Science so it also had a bunch of science-related questions in it. Maybe its different for different year groups? Keep in mind this was almost a year ago for me though so my memory is foggy

Minari243

HSC
I did say the Maths involved was at 5.3 Level and a couple "stumpers" to catch students off guard.

Some people suggest the general ability to be like an IQ test where you like have to determine which shape fits the box or whatever.
The English test is comprehension where you have to refer to a slab of text, then answer questions based on it. You may also have to write an essay.

I think it has to be immediate family or perhaps cousins?
you're right for the other exams though, the abstract reasoning section was just like an IQ test that you can find online and the English is comprehension. I remember for writing you could pick whatever you want to write as long as you addressed the question

Minari243

HSC
Hi everyone,
I am trying out for selective this year (year ten) and I really want get into Normanhurst Boys or Gosford High or Sydney Boys for 2021 (Year 11).

Can anyone aid me out by telling me what it will be in the exams? Is it four components are mathematical reasoning, read comprehension, abstract reasoning and written expression are on the HAST exam? How can i actually prepare for it? Is there any free HAST sample exam papers coz i have to buy them if i want to practice.

Including the extracurriculars, I had been to a zone many times with cross country, swimming and athletic, made to national for athletic in 100m and made to the region for swimming. I played in NPL which is the semi-professional league and attended AIS which stands for Australian Institue Sport. Additionally, I won two medals with my school team who came first in the Kuring-Gai area. I did the bronze of Duke of Edinburgh and volunteering for Legacy and others. I was also SRC in my school as well. Are those are making my application look strong?

It would be appreciated and help me a lot for good preparation for exam.

Thanks
Honestly you have an amazing chance to get into even Baulko with just those extra-curriculars alone. They'll really boost the look of your application. Don't stress, you have a solid chance :)

Kurrison

HSC
Honestly you have an amazing chance to get into even Baulko with just those extra-curriculars alone. They'll really boost the look of your application. Don't stress, you have a solid chance :)
Really?!? I thought I was not capable go to Baulko but I can at least try out for Baulko.

Dubuu

HSC
Same I'm so confused about how to prepare for the exam, or what concepts to revise because it would be futile to go over stuff that's not even going to come
We are all in this together lmao. I have St Mary's Senior as a back up plan in case I don't make it (Only if I make that)

Kurrison

HSC
I'm in the same boat as you Kurrison lol. Need to do the HAST Test and I'm getting anxiety on how close the test date is (8 Aug) and I'm not sure how to prep for it.
I believe that if your English is good as in the exam. You should be fine with it. I think for Maths, are you doing 5.3 maths at your school? If you are anxious, I recommend you go to tutoring for preparation for HAST exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)