getting pulled over (1 Viewer)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
ok , i got pulled over for doing an illegal uturn ( which until i got the fine never knew it was illegal), i lost 2 demerit points..and 175$
has anyone ever written a letter of appeal? or some sought to get a warning? ive heard of ppl doing it..should i try? its my first offence..and i didnt really know it was a offence in the first place, as i was taught by my dad and instructer this way..

btw, i did a turn near officeworks livopool at one of the lights, cuz i thought i cant do one, if it says ' no u turn' but it doesnt...

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
i didnt get fined, but this bitch cop pulled me over because i didnt give way at a give way sign to them when their copcar was like 100metres away...thats fucken bullshit

CieL

HSC
dude.. you asian?

you're never allowed to u-turn at a set of lights.. that's just stupid, it's a traffic accident waiting to happen!

you either go forward, left, or right.. you dont chuck a u-turn!!!

you do realise that other cars are allowed to move the same time as you right? so if you were chucking a u-ie, and some car on the RHS also wanted to go along the same road.. what'll happen???

i dont think you should even bother to appeal because the police is right

it's just common sense it's against the law the u-turn at a light =.= you go whichever direction the light signals you to.. i've never seen a light that bends backwards

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The only reason for the no U turn signs at some traffic lights is because those intersections are most convinient for doing U turns and where most people will attempt them unless there is a sign telling them not to.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Exactly... a six month long clean record is hardly 'good driver' material...

Oh in Canberra we have lots of U-turn permitted signs and interestingly U-turn not permitted signs as well.

Obviously the only time you perform a U-turn though is when you have a green right turn arrow.... eg you are not turning across traffic.

7th Sign

HSC
hahah appeal ...

I sent a four page appeal to my 625 dolla fine...

they sent a 2 line reply saying the "fine must stand" or some shit...

try it but seriously its just wasting time...

dont take it to court either because you will loose and then you have to pay court fees...

I know it sucks but its part of life...

I wish i had a petty fine of 175 thats like nothing on the scheme of fines :D count your self lucky :D

nwatts

HSC
7th Sign said:
hahah appeal ...

I sent a four page appeal to my 625 dolla fine...

they sent a 2 line reply saying the "fine must stand" or some shit...

try it but seriously its just wasting time...

dont take it to court either because you will loose and then you have to pay court fees...

I know it sucks but its part of life...

I wish i had a petty fine of 175 thats like nothing on the scheme of fines :D count your self lucky :D
That's why it was rejected.

nwatts

HSC
Densuki said:
ok , i got pulled over for doing an illegal uturn ( which until i got the fine never knew it was illegal), i lost 2 demerit points..and 175$
has anyone ever written a letter of appeal? or some sought to get a warning? ive heard of ppl doing it..should i try? its my first offence..and i didnt really know it was a offence in the first place, as i was taught by my dad and instructer this way..

btw, i did a turn near officeworks livopool at one of the lights, cuz i thought i cant do one, if it says ' no u turn' but it doesnt...
I would write a very brief, to-the-point letter stating that your instructor had no problem with the manoeuvre, so you were naive to the fact that it was illegal. Also make a brief statement about financial difficulty (even if it's not true), as you're a new university student probably struggling even to pay petrol.

If it gets rejected, so be it. But there is no harm in trying.

nwatts

HSC
VanCarBus said:
i didnt get fined, but this bitch cop pulled me over because i didnt give way at a give way sign to them when their copcar was like 100metres away...thats fucken bullshit
Yeah sure. It's not like give way signs are there for a reason. You idiot.

Numero Uno

HSC
.. mate the police is bull shit, they 're out to catch u for any shit , its all about revenue raising.

give it a try but in the end , ull most likley pay it anyway.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
nwatts said:
Yeah sure. It's not like give way signs are there for a reason. You idiot.
dont triple post, use edit u fuckwit,

besides, i did stop and then go and the copcar was 100 metres away, or more like 200, as if you think there cud be a crash considering it was a 50 zone!!! u must be one hell of a shit driver to give way to a car 200 metres away.

volition

arr.
HSC
They can just say 'ignorance is no excuse' to reject your application, so I doubt you'll be successful

nwatts

HSC
VanCarBus said:

besides, i did stop and then go and the copcar was 100 metres away, or more like 200, as if you think there cud be a crash considering it was a 50 zone!!! u must be one hell of a shit driver to give way to a car 200 metres away.
I don't care for your details. You did the wrong thing. Shut up and get over it. Give way signs are there for a reason. :rolleyes:

"was 100 metres.. or more like 200" rofl you're a joke.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I got pulled over doing 104 on parramatta road...the cop didn't pull me over, more like stop sideways on the road to block me...

Jiga

I dont know how so many people have been caught bu cops. When they are around, instead of trying to be some fully seeeeek gangster you drive like a granny! And of course they drive like crap, they can, you see them speeding constantly, that doesnt mean you can do the same thing because you dont have the authority to do so.... unless of course you want to pay $175 buks for shit

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
VanCarBus said:
So you didn't give way, and you're bitching that you got busted for not giving way?

VanCarBus said:

At 50km/h you're moving at 14metres a second, with a minimum reaction time of 1 second, and the obligatory three second gap that leaves you with 3 seconds to make the turn and get up to 50km/h crusing speed. Increasing hte gap to the alleged 200metres which you decided to change afterwards then you have 10seconds to make the turn and get up to 50.

He should of cut up your license.

nerdz0r

HSC
minushuman said:
So you didn't give way, and you're bitching that you got busted for not giving way?

At 50km/h you're moving at 14metres a second, with a minimum reaction time of 1 second, and the obligatory three second gap that leaves you with 3 seconds to make the turn and get up to 50km/h crusing speed. Increasing hte gap to the alleged 200metres which you decided to change afterwards then you have 10seconds to make the turn and get up to 50.

He should of cut up your license.
When turning into a lane of traffic the reccomended gap to leave is 6 seconds, therfore a 100m difference is plenty. when turning across traffic, the reccomended time gap is 4 seconds, so still, more than enough distance, if the cop was in fact 100m away, then the cop was in the wrong for pulling you over, as you did not need to give way to him.

vroom_vroom

the crip
HSC
VanCarBus said:
if you dont like how we do things in australia you can fuck off home.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
nerdz0r said:
When turning into a lane of traffic the reccomended gap to leave is 6 seconds, therfore a 100m difference is plenty. when turning across traffic, the reccomended time gap is 4 seconds, so still, more than enough distance, if the cop was in fact 100m away, then the cop was in the wrong for pulling you over, as you did not need to give way to him.
You need to maintain a gap of 3 seconds with the car in front of you at all times, as per my above post you are only left with 3 seconds to make the turn before the other car needs to alter there speed. If the other car needs to alter there speed to maintain a 3 second gap between your car and there own then you have not given way and you should be put down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)