Getting your Ps - Driver Ability Road Test (DART) (1 Viewer)

theMaster

HSC
hey guys I lost my license (as in lost it on a bus) on my way back from uni. So I was wondering if they will charge me or if I would have to re-sit the computer exam in order to get another one?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
They'll charge you to make a new one. They've got you on file as having completed your license test so they won't make you sit another one.

johnyG

HSC
yeah but very rare. the most common you get is three point turn and reverse park. 90% chance you will get that!!!

yeah_boy

HSC
yeah but very rare. the most common you get is three point turn and reverse park. 90% chance you will get that!!!
As in a reverse-parallel?

Like this...

Apparently they never make you do it in between two cars

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
They can make you do both.

Reverse parallel (as pictured) and normal reverse parking.

yeah_boy

HSC
if you fail by doing something wrong during the test, are they are like "AWWW YOU FAILED!!! But lets continue, because we need to complete the test even though you failed"

quackerdile

HSC
Passed my test this morning, first go. Only had to do one reverse parallel park and drive around for 20 minutes, didn't have to do anything else (which was pretty awesome), and the tester said I did everything perfectly.

if you fail by doing something wrong during the test, are they are like "AWWW YOU FAILED!!! But lets continue, because we need to complete the test even though you failed"
They won't tell you that you have failed until after the exam is done.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
They don't do anything (from what I've heard) because it would disrupt your ability to perform in the rest of the test. This way you get to complete the test and see exactly which areas you need to improve or watch out on in the future.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
Some will let you continue.. but theres probably no point in that.

and some will just lead you back to the rta. they dont actually tell you.

johnyG

HSC
So when you go for the test you go to RTA, the tester comes out and gets in your car and then does instrument checks? Then after that you go for the drive?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
For those who are unware of the procedure I'll explain how my test went. Beware though, I did my P's test in 2006 so things may of change.

* Upon arrival approach the counter to confirm you are there.
* Testing officer will look through your logbook, check your licence etc.
* You take the testing officer to your car, the officer stands behind car and asks you to test the brakes and indicators.
* Testing officer then gets into the car and you begin the test.
* If you are parked in the RTA carpark be aleart and stop behind the line for the stop sign (if there is one).
* I then drove a short course around the city conducting a right turn at lights, one with green light only (no right arrow), past a crossing and then into the back streets. Where I conduct a hill start, reverse parallel park (with no car behind I believe this is preferred) and 3 point turn (on a road big enough for a u-turn). We then proceeded back to the RTA where I passed. :)
* If you have failed unless it is something major (instructor has to taken control of car or accident) from what I have read/heard you won't be told until you are back at the RTA.
* If you don't understand an instruction ask for clarification.

Try not to worry and make sure you are confident in the car. Hope that helped, those nervous learners. :)

johnyG

HSC
and reverse parkings have been taken out of the exam. you only have to complete a curb side parking, and a 3-point turn.
uhh bs. you still get reverse park and 3 point turn, but they can give you a kurbside stop as well.

quackerdile

HSC
uhh bs. you still get reverse park and 3 point turn, but they can give you a kurbside stop as well.
It all depends on what your tester decides. I didn't have to do a 3 point turn when I did my Ps test (I also didn't have to use a round a bout or do a 90 degree park or a hill start) and a friend of mine didn't have to do a reverse park when he got his Ps.

twistedrebel

HSC
in the new law you either do 3 point turn or reverse parking(computer picks before exam). Also kerb side stop is a must

twistedrebel

HSC
As in a reverse-parallel?

Like this...

Apparently they never make you do it in between two cars
they dont make you go inbetween car, only one at the front. You can take the car back a fair few metres (3ish)then straighten the car and move it forward. But you need to do it as reverse/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)