Gillard urges against a 'big Australia' (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Was reading the herald what surveyed people had said in the herald this morning and oh god. All "immigrants/foreigners are stealing our jobs". I didn't realise anyone was actually dumb enough to think like this any more; I thought Pauline Hanson said and a few dumb people said "oh really, that's not good" but then the government and opposition calmly explained the case an we all went back to ignoring Hanson.

brendroid

HSC
Jimmy Recard is wonderful. Just saying.

You have a brilliant career in debating ahead of you ^^

I can see it now....

The team for the affirmative state one case and draw on evidence they believe supports their case. Up comes Jimmy Recard for the rebuttal...

'Shut up you gooks, that is dumb.'

And sits back down without offering evidence for his side.

(on that note - at least scuba_steve actually replied with a bit of an argument ^^ I can see your case)

Shane_

HSC
Wat da fuck. Labor sayiz something good 4 onse. wat iz dey finking? population growt give dem more lower clazz votas. dose votas vote labor.

Lipin

HSC
Ok mr Jimmy Recard how about you tell us how you would arable the land.

brendroid

HSC
Actually, yes.

However, considering I'm not a person and am instead an invisible entity hated by every single human being in existance (some of them just don't know it yet), and incapable of getting acknowledgement for anything, you're free to ignore me and continue being a stuck-up, arrogant prick who can't even bother to try and understand what another human being says. So go fry your tongue and eat it, gooky-brain.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Hahahahahahahh funk reclaim the deserts. You idiots.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
Actually, yes.

However, considering I'm not a person and am instead an invisible entity hated by every single human being in existance (some of them just don't know it yet), and incapable of getting acknowledgement for anything, you're free to ignore me and continue being a stuck-up, arrogant prick who can't even bother to try and understand what another human being says. So go fry your tongue and eat it, gooky-brain.
kill yourself you depressed pansy

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
i think you guys are onto something

we should make the desert an arab immigration zone

arabs may freely immigrate and live in the state of arabalia. they can grow arab crops and pay taxes. but they can only enter australia proper if they pass a mateship test + pig blood baptism

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
I don't pretend to know how many people Australia can support, and even the nation's top scientists can't agree on a figure, with their estimates varying by tens of millions.

However, turns out there is a system that is highly efficient at rationing scarce resources and aggregating complex information from disparate sources.

It's called the free motherfucking market.

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
I don't pretend to know how many people Australia can support, and even the nation's top scientists can't agree on a figure, with their estimates varying by tens of millions.

However, turns out there is a system that is highly efficient at rationing scarce resources and aggregating complex information from disparate sources.

It's called the free motherfucking market.
Yea it's working out great in Somalia hey?

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
gillard doesn't believe in god

and he is also a jew

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
Actually, this would be possible with today's technology. With high nutrient fertilizers, and genetically modifies plants, it would be possible to make the desert habitable.

Though there are many factors that could go wrong, not to mention this would be a huge costly project. Also, the nutrients would need replenishing regularly as they are used up by plants.
The displacement of rain, would be just that, it would deprive other places of rainfall, which would leave untold damage on those areas.
Also, the unique environment we have out there right now would be destroyed, along with the native animals that call it home.
hey CSIRO you should hire this guy for sure he knows more than all of you

Shane_

HSC
reclaim the desserts??????????????

As if that wouldn't work???????????

I'm sick of typing like an idiot. How about I let you meat the real me.

I'm studying climate science at ANU.

Reclaiming the desert might work if it were economically feasible. however, in order to do so, the entire country would end up broke.

and that tangent guy is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)