Girls in IPT? (2 Viewers)

KJ123

HSC
in our school there are a fair few asians but none do computers.
and the top 5 positions in a class of 14 are all girls

xcbx

HSC
My school only has one class, 4 girls (including me) and one guy.

HSC
10 girls in my IPT class but it is an all girls school so i guess we hold the top 10 positions to

miche11e

HSC
I was the only one at my school that picked IPT so it didnt run :( i had to do chem instead - dropped it as soon as i started yr 12

HSC
Hey miche11e, we are so similar. Both forced to do religion due to the catholic school, both hate English adv and both do physics and guess what i wont to do mechatronics engineering at UTS

miche11e

HSC
lol thats awesome.

are you going to the infoday this saturday? they dont have specific engineering subjects but they have general info on engineering at UTS.

miche11e

HSC
not yet - im going to very soon tho... im not sure if im going to apply for scholarships anywhere else... i might for sydney uni
what about you? what else are you putting into your preferances?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
IPT in our school is one of the smaller classes, along with Drama and Latin. It has to be done at the same time as sport...so sport has to be done in our own time. =/

100% of our class are girls. Now guess why. :)

qazxcvbnmlpoiuy

HSC
I do the course accelerated and we were combined with the current yr 12 of 2008, no girls from yr 12 but out of the yr 11's there were about 8 girls, around 35 do the course altogether. Top three school rankings were female.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Girls, I have to share this with you. As a woman who is a trained Electrical Engineer and then did Software Project engineering as a profession programming microcontroller chips and interfacing with computers, I was involved with the project to provide West Tigers their scoreboard out at Leumeah.

I wrote the software that turned the digits on the scoreboard and interfaced with the computer software to allow the moving digital message board to do it's thing.

Anyway, we put the board in and we were out there to train people how to use it. I was waiting for my boss to return with the Wests Tigers guy so we could start and these two workmen wandered by who we were abbout to train.

They took one look at me and said, "Hey love, can you get us a pie and chips and Coke." thinking I was the dinner lady.

My boss and the Wests Tigers guy came back and said, "Hey fellas, this is Lynda. She is the programmer that made our new scoreboard work."

Their jaws hit the floor. It was a priceless moment. ;) May you have such joyful moments in your IPT life. :D

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
alcalder said:
Girls, I have to share this with you. As a woman who is a trained Electrical Engineer and then did Software Project engineering as a profession programming microcontroller chips and interfacing with computers, I was involved with the project to provide West Tigers their scoreboard out at Leumeah.

I wrote the software that turned the digits on the scoreboard and interfaced with the computer software to allow the moving digital message board to do it's thing.

Anyway, we put the board in and we were out there to train people how to use it. I was waiting for my boss to return with the Wests Tigers guy so we could start and these two workmen wandered by who we were abbout to train.

They took one look at me and said, "Hey love, can you get us a pie and chips and Coke." thinking I was the dinner lady.

My boss and the Wests Tigers guy came back and said, "Hey fellas, this is Lynda. She is the programmer that made our new scoreboard work."

Their jaws hit the floor. It was a priceless moment. ;) May you have such joyful moments in your IPT life. :D
Haha that's awesome =D

Once I was talking to a guy about getting a new internet provider and I used the terms "ISP" and "plugin" and he seemed very surprised that a girl knew those terms. I was surprised that he was surprised =/

caseyy0125

HSC
yess me to. im the only girl and iv been topping it since beginning of year 11.
theres this one boy that tries soo hard to beat me. he hates it when i come first
haha
i still him

PsychoNerd

HSC
Im like the only person doing ITP in yr 11 next yr. im such a nerd. would anybody else here consider themselves nerds

yummy-cookies

HSC
I accelerated, and there were 45 girls who finished the course (like 4 dropped out). However, there are only 2 girls doing SDD this yr

mobilephone99

HSC
There's around 20 - 25 girls in my IPT class (we are an all girls school) and there are 6 girls in my Software Design class. I'm topping both :p

gella

HSC
im the only girl in my class this yr..
complete sausage fest

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
im the only girl in my class this yr..
complete sausage fest
Lol.

In my class, everyone thought it was a bludge (but its not) and so our class has all the dumb skanks in it. So pretty much we're all screwed because most of the girls' bad marks will scale us down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)