• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Girls Soccer! (2 Viewers)

SweetSeasons

HSC
It depends I dunno. My training sessions on girls teams have always been pretty social, when I was on the guys teams it was more skills and stuff, in saying that i haven't been on a guys team since I was like 12. and obviously younger kids train harder.

I think if u coached the guys u'd be their mate, if u coached the girls crushes from girls on you could develop which can be very awkward.

V

vanbasten

Girls soccer is huge in Sweden now. Even when I lived there, there were girls teams in the local competition. If your a female soccer player, Sweden or Norway would be like your heaven.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, i ref 2 and at first, i loved doin that gals games (get paid 2 check out the scenery) but now i h8 it, their shit games (sorry gals but the skill level just aint there) and they bitch about every call. and 2 the guy that said he used 2 ref 4 the money and stopped wen a kid broke his leg, the reason u h8d it was cause u were doin it 4 the money, if u try 2 enjoy refiin and act like the 'third team' its heaps gud, also - lol, yeah, the kid breakin his leg, ive had that, one kid broke his leg and bone came through, another kid was screamin and we thought he broke him neck, had 2 abandon both games, crowd went psyco, but thats the fun of it all, but gettin bak 2 the point, sorry gals, but chicks soccer just doesnt work, the skill is 2 lacking and the bitchiness is 2 much
-dawso

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah, girls soccer is growing heaps.
I used 2 be the only girl in my age group at my club, this year they had like over ten girls teams. I think it's great

SweetSeasons

HSC
dawso said:
yeah, i ref 2 and at first, i loved doin that gals games (get paid 2 check out the scenery) but now i h8 it, their shit games (sorry gals but the skill level just aint there) and they bitch about every call. and 2 the guy that said he used 2 ref 4 the money and stopped wen a kid broke his leg, the reason u h8d it was cause u were doin it 4 the money, if u try 2 enjoy refiin and act like the 'third team' its heaps gud, also - lol, yeah, the kid breakin his leg, ive had that, one kid broke his leg and bone came through, another kid was screamin and we thought he broke him neck, had 2 abandon both games, crowd went psyco, but thats the fun of it all, but gettin bak 2 the point, sorry gals, but chicks soccer just doesnt work, the skill is 2 lacking and the bitchiness is 2 much
-dawso

I'm a girl, it was me who said that. I enjoyed reffing the younger kids, appart from the parents. The older kids, like 13's to 15's wasn't any fun for me, I don't know why I justd idn't enjoy the older kids.

Not all girls Soccer is bad, i've played on some very good girls teams. It's only at a lower level because girls haven't been playn soccer for as long as the guys, I think you'll find girls who have played their whole life are just as good as guys who have played their whole life.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hmmmm, crushes on gurls or vice versa? nahhhh, not me, honestly, soccer is the only thing i keep seperate from girls, like skool can involve them, but soccer just has beva been seen that way...well neva been that way...woteva, but yeh, thanx

SweetSeasons

HSC
not you on them, them on you. I would if my coach was cute, cause they have to be nice to you. lol.

I say go with the boys because then it'll be the boys thing and I think u may find they will enjoy have'n a young coach.

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
dawso, i recommend u check out the wnsl. Chciks club soccer is awesome fun if you talk to the girls and stuff and dont act like you are the centre of attention- gain their trust and things are so much fun.
Brad, i coached both a 15 federation youth side and an 18 girls side last year. The guys, if theyre any good and if youre anything like me and want a challenge will be way more rewarding, cos with boys at 15 its all about mimicing the pros. Thats what my boys did anyway. The girls are there jsut for some fun, so if youre only coaching for the fun of it, go coach the girls and have a ball, however as sweetseasons said, crushes are not dealt with easily. And dating a girl in the team is a definate no-no.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I might coach a team once I'm a teacher. cause it's to hard to dedicate time to something when you don't know how much time you are going to have.

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
hey, juggling time is an art form. i had to juggle between studying throughout the year, training for my playing 2 nights a week, training the 15s 2 nights a week and traning the girls 1 night a week, plus getting to three games a weekend and refereeing everytjhing else i came across, plus working in a sports store just to get by!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
um, yeh, well, shit happens

i'll c next year, its only coz gurls listen n the guys dont...but like u sed, guys get more technical (which i love) n the girls have more fun (which is the whole point of soccer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Katie123 said:
braad you seriously need to stop replying to this thread
b quiet u, i cant decide n considerin they've dun it b4, y not ask for their opinion...y dont u just talk to me on msn?? weird eh

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol. I would never ever go for a run for my coach, lol.

I played all age ladies last year, with older ladies and some in their 20's. That was good I really enjoyed their company. It was social but we still worked.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i played for 6 years, then i stopped but i'm going to take it back up again next year. its good fun, the people i played with were great and i got to take my anger out on some random once a week. what more could i ask for?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
god forbid if u break up with ur bf

SweetSeasons

HSC
hehe, one time me n this lady jumped to head the ball, but i cam down and elbowed her in the boob by mistake. and she's on the ground screaming, ahhh how am i ever gonna breast feed my kids, not that i even have a bf to get any kids, ahhhhh.
OMFG it was funny.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
umm, yeh aye, i've seen that happen b4..must hurt? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)