Given up hope of 90 UAI, anyone? (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Who here besides me has all but given up hope of getting a 90 UAI. After my 1st and 2nd assessments, im going to aim for 85

Share your thoughts..:(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
Who here besides me has all but given up hope of getting a 90 UAI. After my 1st and 2nd assessments, im going to aim for 85

Share your thoughts..:(
Cheer up!!! It's not the end of your HSC. You can always climb back to where you aimed at. Trust me. Put your fingers out and start doing some work and you will be fine. Get some advices too.

Good luck

BackCountrySnow

HSC
that's no way to look at things..

so it's hard to get over 90.
And you've realized you're going to have to really lift your game to get it.
So how about instead of lowering the bar to meet your current performance, you raise your game to where the bar is set!

Did Edison think 'Light bulbs are hard to make, I'll just pick up a trade' when trying to design the light bulb?

Did David Beckam think 'Bending is hard, I'll just kick straight' when trying to bend it (like beckam)?

Did Martin Luther King think 'Public speaking is hard, I'll keep this to myself' when he had a dream?

NO!!
They accepted that it wouldn't be easy but they stuck through. And look where they are now..

If you're interested in attending my motivational speaking seminars feel free to PM me.

nottellingu

HSC
Seriously, its way too early to throw in the towel.

Most people have only finished around 40% of school assesments which leaves 60% + the HSC.

Ultimately u have only done about 20% of ur whole HSC. You have 80% to go.

Work ur but and try and get lik 75 out of the remaining 80.

This means ull get around 84 ish at worst unless u got like zero in ur first assesments.

Now you should get mid band 5's for ur subjects.

Unless you do some really fuked subjects ull get 90 uai easy.

DATS MY 2 CENTS!!! LOL

champo14

HSC
Dude, aim for 100.

Like backcountrysnow said, don't lower your aim, lift your game! (haha, stop it)

Seriously, the HSC is hard, but not impossible. So it will take a lot of effort to get over 90, but its still early days yet. You can do it.

m&ss2008

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
that's no way to look at things..

so it's hard to get over 90.
And you've realized you're going to have to really lift your game to get it.
So how about instead of lowering the bar to meet your current performance, you raise your game to where the bar is set!

Did Edison think 'Light bulbs are hard to make, I'll just pick up a trade' when trying to design the light bulb?

Did David Beckam think 'Bending is hard, I'll just kick straight' when trying to bend it (like beckam)?

Did Martin Luther King think 'Public speaking is hard, I'll keep this to myself' when he had a dream?

NO!!
They accepted that it wouldn't be easy but they stuck through. And look where they are now..

If you're interested in attending my motivational speaking seminars feel free to PM me.
hahah nice

BackCountrySnow

HSC
If i wanna do eco at UNSW or Usyd I'll have to get 90+
(hsc plus can only get me 3,4 pts max coz i do std)

But mq is still really good and i only gotta get low 80s for that...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
Never give up!! and Cheer up!!:wave:
As you said, you only have done two assessments..
I think it means you did 50% of school assessment.
There is another 50% of school assessment that you will need to do.
I think I also did really bad in my assessments 1 and 2 but I don't give up.
I hope this makes you feel a bit better.
Nah, it's probably less than 50%. I did my HSC Mathematics & HSC Mathematics Extension 1 exams but they only worth 30% all together for two exams. Trial exam tends to be much higher in importance.

conics2008

HSC
Hi, I speak english.......

I somtimes dont have faith in my self, people tell me you can get more then 90% but I sometimes think thats not me. I would suggest you make you're self a benchmark... Mine currently is 85+.. If I get above 85+ I would be happy... +

Sorry about the Edit, I re-read it and it didn't make any sense.

Last edited:

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
never underestimate what you are capable of if you set your mind to it

munchiecrunchie

HSC
Don't let a few assessments get to you.

You've gotta put it all into perspective - your school mark is only half your HSC.

There are PLENTY of opportunities to improve and get up to scratch.

I am currently aiming for 100. It seems pretty impossible BUT at least I know that I'm not limiting myself, that I'm giving it all I've got.

Don't lower your aims, keep them right up there - they'll be an incentive to work harder and bring out the best in you.

And also, try and believe in your own ability to achieve. Self confidence can take you a long way.

catzhernandez

HSC
munchiecrunchie said:

I am currently aiming for 100. It seems pretty impossible BUT at least I know that I'm not limiting myself, that I'm giving it all I've got.

That's a very admirable yet ambitious aim. I'm not saying its impossible as I know nothing about you but I'd be interested to know what your background is and how realistic of a goal that is for you.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
catzhernandez said:
That's a very admirable yet ambitious aim. I'm not saying its impossible as I know nothing about you but I'd be interested to know what your background is and how realistic of a goal that is for you.
I believe that you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Yes, an ambitious goal, but I'm hoping I'll come close to it.

revo

Premium Member
HSC
It's not always about your UAI, I know how people always say u get more options if you get higher. But at the end of the day all you really care about is if you get into the course you want at uni. Aim for the course requirements, its not all about UAI.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)