Going from a normal high school to a selective? (1 Viewer)

GoComatoseForMe

HSC
Hi there,
I'm currently doing year 11 at Gymea Tech High, and I'm becoming increasingly worried that the average will drag my ATAR mark down. I was thinking of changing schools, and was wondering if it's possible to go into a selective school [namely Caringbah], despite not currently being in a selective school. I sat the selective test in 2006 and was accepted into Caringbah, but I instead went to St George Girls, then transferred to Gymea in 2010. Is it possible?

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Unfortunately, I'll get straight to this point with this. I don't think any selective schools offer placements for people into year 12 from year 11. It's really inconvenient and I don't think it would be a wise move in the long term. Why not work hard and ensure you do well internally at school to ensure your ATAR isn't affected?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Your best port of call would be calling Caringbah HS directly and ask if they are taking applications for incoming Year 12 students in 2013.

czhuu

HSC
I'm just wondering as to why you switched from st george to gymea, either way I don't think you will be able to switch back to st george.... it's just a little too late im afraid ):
But yes just try to do your best in tests and top the class. good luck dude :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)