• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Good enough for UWS ? (1 Viewer)

equazion

HSC
The main problem is the subjects you are taking 'suck' in terms of scaling. Also remember that ur internal (within ur school) ranking is all that counts not the mark. If you get what you estimate you'll get in the hsc I reckon 65-75 ATAR. U'll need some luck (i.e. ur classmates doing well) in the hsc to achieve 80, again cause of subjects.

Last edited:

Lara1986

HSC
Hell yeah. If not then just throw in B Computing at the bottom of your pref list... you'll get into that... then once semester one ends you tell the UWS people that you want to switch. First day back semester two you'll be attending business lectures! If not they'll approve your switch but might make you wait 6 months until the next year groups starts in 2011 because i understand BBC involves basic/core units which need doing before any specialization.

My mate switched form computing to policing, semester two [this one] he started directly with policing. Policing will end for him 3 years from now depending on Goulburn Police Academy in take.
It's not as simple as just switching because you want to, especially if you're changing from one college/ school to another that is completely unrelated.

You should read the uni policies more before giving this sort of 'advice' to people.

Lara1986

HSC
The main problem is the subjects you are taking 'suck' in terms of scaling. Also remember that ur internal (within ur school) ranking is all that counts not the mark. If you get what you estimate you'll get in the hsc I reckon 65-75 ATAR. U'll need some luck (i.e. ur classmates doing well) in the hsc to achieve 80, again cause of subjects.
It's not just the ranking that counts... your marks do too...

Rankings are more important, but your marks aren't completely meaningless.

Eg - being ranked 100 out of 150 but having a mark of 90 will be far different from being ranked 100 out of 150 with a mark of 50 :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
UWS often let people in even if they are below the cut-off. I know of someone who, without qualifying for any bonus points, was randomly accepted into a course 12 points higher than his UAI was.

samirs_maxin

HSC
UWS often let people in even if they are below the cut-off. I know of someone who, without qualifying for any bonus points, was randomly accepted into a course 12 points higher than his UAI was.
was this to parramatta campus though coz thats the only campus im going for

Lara1986

HSC

To make sure people are clear - this isn't unique to UWS.

Lots of unis let people in below the cut-off for various reason, so this is in no way something that makes UWS lesser (not saying that's what you're implying, but a lot of people seem to draw that conclusion :))

mr_robato

HSC
It's not as simple as just switching because you want to, especially if you're changing from one college/ school to another that is completely unrelated.

You should read the uni policies more before giving this sort of 'advice' to people.
I meant no harm. Just telling a story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)