good girls, bad girls and you (1 Viewer)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
ive come to notice something in the music industry and the public where u got ppl like delta goodrem.. a "good girl" and then u got ppl like britney, xtina, and like holly.. all "bad girls" and they are the ones sorta bagged out cuz they can and do to certain degrees sell sex. Ive also noticed that ppl love delta goodrem not only becuz of her talent but also becuz she puts forward a conservative image.. i supose one could say the public want s a big sister.. or role model and ppl like holly are looked downupon cuz of wat they can do....
i like britney.. all of britney but what i dont understand is why cant artists grow and change direction in the way they want and i doubt anyone can stay a goody two shoes forever cuz that would be boring i think.

so the point of this thread? just musin bout this whole thing.. what are ur thoughts bout this whole thing

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
delta rocks! i hope that she doesnt turn all skanky.. i doubt she will..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im with agnes, delta ROCKS. i think for me what turned me off britney was the whole 'oh im a virgin and im going to stay that way til im married' when she was doing the clean-cut image, then when she wanted to appear raunchier shes like 'oh..no, i lied, justin and i had hot sex' blah blah blah
and for me, watching rage at 7 oclock in the morning, i dont particularly want a half naked woman cavorting infront of me.

and those that do the whole 'sex sells' thing usually dont have enough vocal talent to sell songs by themselves, so need to strip down to try and sell a few c.d's

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
yeah.. did u see the new holly vallance clip? she's taken a turn! altrhough she had a mini skirt on.. she had clothes! :eek: shocker

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
ur both girls huh?

if u are... just a question... do u feel intimidated at all by them? just even a tinsy winsy bit... or envious or wateva? and vocal talent.. i think ppl should be more open minded about whats good and whats bad... some consider certain voice stylings bad while others like them.. u no what i mean?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
agnes, thats partially what the whole holly valance court battle was about..apparently the manager dude wanted to create this wholesome schoolgirl thing (flick from neighbours) and then shock the world with this raunchy, sexy woman (kiss kiss)..
and mick, no, i dont feel envious. i mean, sure they have decent bodies and all, but thats all thats making them famous, its not their talent as a singer or self respect as a woman

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Originally posted by MicK_eT
ur both girls huh?

if u are... just a question... do u feel intimidated at all by them? just even a tinsy winsy bit... or envious or wateva?
nope not intimidated.. sure they r popstars n look great but im happy being me i wouldnt trade places anyday :p

(that sounds so corny) haha :p but its true

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Yeah she did.

It does seem quite black and white the way women are perceived in the music industry. Few women remain respected in the industry. And I think the respect stops the more clothing you take off. *shrugs* There's a difference between an artist and an entertainer.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
She had the court thing over her manager, that she fired him via FAX. Her manager took her to court of it and her excuse was that he put her into raplh mag and stuff, practically wearing nothing. The only thing is, all of her songs now are just like that, with her new manager.

EDIT: yes l love Delta too, l have her CD and l listen to it all the time.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
i like delta cos she can SING and i guess also of her conservative image, i dont like britney's songs or style.. just so typical of pop stars.. i think delta stands out cos she isnt a typical pop star with the whole raunchy image.. i guess she seems more conservative and like a normal person living her dream without having to be sexy to gain all that attention..
apparently her manager is the dude that made mariah popular? well thats what that dude from girlfriend told me during work experience

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but the thing is coz of people like britney, when someone just as pretty, can sing even better, and to top it off is aussie, of course people will like her! it shows that she can get just as far (well almost) without acting like them

KarmaKitten

HSC
I like them all

except britney, I love delta because she is talented and her music is beautiful. I love christina because i find her powerful and i dont care about her clothes. she is confident, so go her.

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
heheh :( i like britney... even moreso now since that vma performance :D

but then meh .. britney is one of those girls who reignited the whole pop girl thing... since the time of cindy lauper so *shrugs*

i suppose the whole dream thing is yea but alot of ppl... namely holly are realli just in it for the money.. i recall her once saying in response to posin in ralph and was it playboy? or wateva that it didnt realli matter to her or wateva...
but this isnt limited to these "white" girls.. i meant to include other female artists too like ashanti and stuff but yea... those were the foreemost in my mind at the current time...

delta cant sell sex.. accordin to delta herself....
and like i reckon that the world needs a bit of naughty stylez to get it off the ground... having a world full of delta goodrems is gonna be boring u havta admit.. thats just wat happened to britney.. too many wannabes started popping up cuz what she did sold over millions... enuff to make the record books... meh the world is a moeny dominated arena... whatever sells is what ull see... remember there was a period of hatin on manufactured pop and all that lead by the likes of avril lavinge and its funni how it turns out that she was too.. or so i heard from that whole firin the orig manager thing....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
and like i reckon that the world needs a bit of naughty stylez to get it off the ground... having a world full of delta goodrems is gonna be boring u havta admit..
yeah if they were all deltas, delta wouldn't be special, but since they are mostly britneys, people find deltas and think "wow" and so look up to them and like them

i can't remember when britney last had a good song...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well i thought im a slave 4 u was cool.... other than that they were all pretti standard......
i know a few people who liked that song, i didn't, and it didn't do anything on the charts

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
i thought britney was ok when she first started but shes not really had a very good song for a while now. id hav to disagree with mick-et in that i think there is plenty of "good girls" but they just get overshadowed by the likes of xtina and holly, hence the reason why they go for the sex image

Farnarcle

The thing is that she doesn't need to resort to her body to get attention and favour. The rest do to make up for shoddy talent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)