good girls, bad girls and you (1 Viewer)

Mazey

Originally posted by MicK_eT
ur both girls huh?

if u are... just a question... do u feel intimidated at all by them? just even a tinsy winsy bit... or envious or wateva?
I reckon there is a teeny bit of jealousy! Not in the sense of, "omg i wish i looked like them" but... i mean come on, of course you'd be jealous of a person who can appeal to the opposite sex!

Even if they do it in a way you dun like!

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
i meant this to be in general not delta or britney specific.... but i have both albums britney and innocent eyes and i like them both... britney just released the wrong songs.. delta thus far has released the best songs on her album... if say she released in my own time instead of other songs i dont think she would have done that well.. she prolly woulda been pushed back to b grade stardom like candice alley or someifnk... see alicia keys.. i reckon shes talented and stuff and she still sells a lil sex... i think most ppl that can .. will due to the fact that they can and it sells...
of course there are different degrees of sex sellin.. but have u noticed that ppl like jewel have changed their image to make themselves more mainstream?

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
Originally posted by Farnarcle
The thing is that she doesn't need to resort to her body to get attention and favour. The rest do to make up for shoddy talent.
thats a bit harsh isnt it?

Originally posted by dirty dave
there is plenty of "good girls" but they just get overshadowed by the likes of xtina and holly, hence the reason why they go for the sex image
sex sells... ppl want money... so u can still be heaps talented and sell sex to a degree

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i but have u noticed that ppl like jewel have changed their image to make themselves more mainstream?
YES!!! i was thinking about that last night and was going to post it here!!and truthfully, i have lost respect for her because of that. she was loved as she was.

i meant this to be in general not delta or britney specific.... but i have both albums britney and innocent eyes and i like them both... britney just released the wrong songs.. delta thus far has released the best songs on her album... if say she released in my own time instead of other songs i dont think she would have done that well.. she prolly woulda been pushed back to b grade stardom like candice alley or someifnk...
yeah but they release songs according to what they want to be percieved as by the public. obviosuly britney prefered 'slave' than another song. as for in my own time, it's abit slow for the slightly more poppy delta to release, well thats what i think (hey she might still release it), and christina has done a bit of both - beautiful to counteract that other one (can't remember at the moment)

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Yeah. I was fond of Jewel's older songs. Hands, You Were Meant For Me and Foolish Games were absolute gems in my opinion. Her current music isn't that bad (some songs are quite catchy) but it lacks the depth which made her so popular.

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
yea... i think jewel has just decided to reprioritise what she wants from her music.. maybe she just wants to chuck a kylie...

cuz like remember the impossible princess album.. i think it was.. the most thoguhtful album she ever made and it did the most poor;y so she came back to senseless pop cuz thats what gave her more money

sunken eyes

HSC
just because someones in show business doesn't mean they have to be sexless. i don't like the "whore" path to fame any more than the rest of you, but some people are just genuinely like that, and i think it'd be a shame to shoot down everyone who was sexy. but i hate spears and aguilera. and goodrem cos she's so boring. i find her good girl image as fake and boring as aguilera's, without the perv gratification.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
there was a quote about someone's new album this morning, either britney or madonna, they wanna be more sexy or something, if i hear it again i'll write it down

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
alright look i'm out of it with the music, it's britney then

Xena W.Priness

quote: "having a world full of delta goodrems is gonna be boring u havta admit.. thats just wat happened to britney.. "
does this mean that you now find britney boring? and btw i think the thing is with like britney and holly ( and i do believe they are in the same category) that its hard to respect them or hold them in high regard cos anybody can Be them... i mean just cut out the cheezels! ( if u get my drift) however with actual talen ( e.g. aguilera) the no clothes look is more acceptable because she actually has a voice worth hearing, an actual talent thats not easily imitated, and so she's generally more liked especially with the girls...and besides a true artists shouldn't be so easy to imitate, cos like Unique is Unique...

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
yea britney is pretti passe now...
with ppl with talent.. havin less clothes doesnt make it more acceptable.. like ur example aguilera ppl comment on her good voice and so forth but shes still a skank and a ho etc etc etc to others due to her image however meaningful its meant to be.
ppl can take a similar style to their music and so forth but i dont think anyone has been able to emulate britney to the full effect that she has...
and ive often wondered how come its only "white" girls that are attacked for tryna be sexy and all that but "black" ppl there is no real care whether or not they dress like an all out ho and what not...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
delta doesnt have to do sex sells because delta is actually talented.
hasnt anyone ever noticed the ones that strip off are the ones with little or no talent?

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
lol we've moved on from delta hipster_jess lol

but i have noticed that SOME of the ones that "strip off" are the ones with little or no talent... established stars who have chosen to take that path have talent and like someone sad previously.. aguilera has talent...

think back to past stars.. u got toni, aaliyah, alicia... the list goes on and to me they have talent...

and some ppl are just naturally sexy or ooze that sort of appeal... and its a matter of choice whether to sell sex or not... delta is just smart.. she knows that if she started doing the whole sex thing then she would lose alot.. cuz she would be attacked much in the same way others sellin sex have been...

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i'm not a fan of any of those one hit wonder females.

d1ngo

Enjoying a Moosey Fate...
HSC
first of all... full credit to delta, cos she's not just a popstar, she's making music... herself...

VERY FEW other female popstars can claim that they wrote their entire cd, and she can... and she has the talent to back it up...

Secondly delta, by any stretch of the imagination, is hot! but it's more likely that it's the fact that she bears that "conservative image" that makes her mopre desirable...

Thirdly (and lastly), i'm just glad that theres a real pop star in the world who really is a star in her own right... better than all that other sex sells pop shit... (i'm not a pop fan... at all...) the pop industry is all about image... and selling it.

So, in conclusion, three cheers for delta for bringing talent to the pop industry... :)

crazyhobo

Personally, I never pay attention to the 'image' of the 'artist'. I just listen to music that I like. I think people spend way too much time figuring out what music fits into the image they are trying to project, rather than just listening to the music they actually like.

And on the topic of delta, I disagree that she isn't going for the sex appeal. She's the catholic school girl who looks all innocent, but is really a sex maniac. In fact, that will probably end up being a story line for her character on neighbours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)