Good luck tomorrow guys! (including some last tips) (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Good luck for tomorrow's exam! Tomorrow will be the Judgement Day where you get tested for all your hard work, effort, (tears and all the hard time) in the past 13 years of schooling for maths!

Spend the rest of today going over some past papers but I reckon going through all the relevant formulas is more paramount.

Make sure you know all the geometry proofs off by heart and pay attention to the tests for the different quadrilaterals, i.e. opposite angles are equal for parallelogram.

Spend today getting some stationery organised too. I am taking 2 pencils, ruler (30 cm), Maths-Aid (not necessary though), protractor, small rulers, 3 blue pens and 3 black pens. Don't forget calculators. I am taking 2 in but I will borrow one from school just in case. (they have tonnes of calculators~)

For tomorrow's breakfast, it's best to have some good nice meal that is fat-free. Have some low GI foods such as cereal, bread and fruits.

Oh yeah, GO TO TOILET (or bathroom for ladies) before you do the exam tomorrow.

Relax and don't take much books to school tomorrow to study. Get something to help you relax in the morning tomorrow. Just get your formula sheets and read over them. I don't think studying in chunks in the morning of an exam will help you in anyway - it will probably make you more psyched up.

As for me, I will just take some formula sheets and read over them and that's all I will probably do. I will take iPod to relax a bit.

In my opinion, getting a drink bottle into the exam room is quite smart. I wouldn't really drink in huge amount at the start of the exam.

Another tip: don't be late to school. Get there early. If you get there late, well you are not in for the best mood for the exam.

During the exam, try to pick all the marks up from Q1-8. They are usually easy marks that you don't want to miss. But don't invest too much of your time in those as you might need some other time for Q9 - 10 and during your reading time, it's always best to see whether you can pick marks up from Q9-10. If you don't think that you can do any of them, well put your time into Q1-8. If you can try some, do it. By the way, if you have no idea of how to approach question, write out the formulas (that are relevant). You might be lucky enough to pick some marks up. My teacher always said that it's always best to go at every question. If you don't know a thing, just pass. Don't waste a momet in that question.

LAST TIP: Don't waste time. You only have an one shot at this unless you are accelerants. Use all the available time given to you.

So, basically my whole point is: GOOD LUCK. You deserve good exam for all the hard work that you have put in and you definitely deserve good results for that.

Scissors

HSC
Thanks Namu.

I suggest weed for a calming effect.

stormz89

HSC
You love your calculators.

I almost forgot all about the stationery. I'm going to fix it now.

That's a ruler, 3 multicolour pens, 2 pencils. I don't even know what a maths aid and I'm sure I can find a protractor somewhere laying around.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Another thing to keep in mind:

Whatever you get from this exam DOES NOT determine WHO YOU are. Don't let a mere number judge you who you are. I would pretty much prefer a nice guy who got 50 in maths than some dickhead who got 100. But it's always to get a nice number while being nice at the same time. :D

stormz89

HSC
Also you forgot to mention sharpeners for our pencils.

EDIT: Good luck everyone, remember as hard as the exam might seem. You're not the only one who thinks so.

Last edited:

Scissors

HSC
Hey Namu, I'm 90% sure that I'm going to fail this exam. Any tips to boost my confidence?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Scissors said:
Hey Namu, I'm 90% sure that I'm going to fail this exam. Any tips to boost my confidence?
Given some stats, I reckon you can still get low to mid Band 4s. Don't worry about it. Just relax and get your mood to the maximum level. Then the rest will just follow. Good luck~

By the way, believe in that 10% that you can pass this exam. You never know until you try!

Azreil

HSC
Dear Namu,

Have my children, kkthxbai.

Seriously though, good luck to everyone, thank you to everyone who's helped me over the past few weeks and I hope I've managed to help someone.

I can't really add to what Namu's said, but best of luck to everyone.

<3

Scissors

HSC
lyounamu said:
Given some stats, I reckon you can still get low to mid Band 4s. Don't worry about it. Just relax and get your mood to the maximum level. Then the rest will just follow. Good luck~

By the way, believe in that 10% that you can pass this exam. You never know until you try!
thanks brother!

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Remember: If you fail this, you should reconsider if uni is for you...

k good luck!

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Thanks Namu!

Good luck to everyone. I may not fail, but I may not come out with epic results, either.

auxx

HSC
Today i hardly done any maths but yesterdays 3 papers should count for today.
Just last minute studying to see if im familiar with my formulas :)

Yehh people goodluck people.

tabbaa

HSC
Thanks Namu. By the way is it better to be over confident that calm??.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tabbaa said:
Thanks Namu. By the way is it better to be over confident that calm??.
Well, I am not sure. It really depends on individuals. I am usually over-confident before 2 Unit Mathematics but I have discovered that I work much better when I am in a calm mood.

timmiejay

HSC
hahaha NAMU mate, your treated like king here.
Even though your doing hsc in 2009 bahaha,
well I shall try and invest my reading time into Q9 and 10. ^^; ill give that a shottt
and
PS. I've averaged about 107ish/120 for the past papers between 1994-2007. A few I've had over 110, a few in the low 100s. But I would really like to get about 95 for my HSC mark. What do you reckon you need raw?

danz90

HSC
Good luck to all the 2uniters and 3uniters out there doing the exam tomorrow. I'm sure you'll all do well... remember ALIGNING.
Hopefully it is a challenging paper, thats reasonable/fair and has fairly good aligning.

Relax tomorrow morning, just read over formulas etc.

Today's past paper I did was a nice confidence booster: 108/120.

My personal tips for the exam:
-Try get Q1 out of the way in 2-3 minutes max.
-Try to finish Q1-5 within 40 minutes.
-Aim to have around 1 hour to do Q9 and 10.. this works for me, and helps me to maximise the marks I achieve in them, since they usually involve lots of algebra/simplifying (so u have to be careful about simple errors)... so I can work slower etc. on these questions.

You should leave around 15-20 minutes at least to check your whole paper (if you have time).
But, If your doing Q10, and theres 10 minutes left, and you know that you have NO hope whatsoever of getting any marks, then just go back to the first few questions of the paper to make sure u get full marks there.

charlesdinio

HSC
Hey guys, I have a few questions if anyone can help..

first of all, I always get my answers in terms of decimal, when the answer is usually in a fraction involving a log or pi or something, will I be penalised?

and second, do I have to use a pencil when drawing graphs etc?

Thanks a lot..

good luck 2moro!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)