good music? (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
ok i'm sitting here making cd's for schoolies (leaving this sat.) and just wondering if anyone had any ideas for music to put on there - i've basically got quite a lot of chill out, relaxed stuff so far (powderfinger, coldplay, u2, mj etc..) and quite a lot of old stuff (like 80's and early 90's) and just wondering if anyone can think of any good songs to use - i like most music... not really techno stuff though..

so any ideas would be much appreciated

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
crowded house.
dunno if you're into that or not

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Put some Nikka Costa on there, that's more dancey stuff.

Haha, I just made up a word.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
schoolies music?
Guns n roses - welcome to the jungle..
the best song to try and sing when drunk (cept maybe american pie).... bonus points for gettin axl's voice

Originally posted by crazyhobo
You mean you like linkin park's one song with changed lyrics?
were the lyrics really THAT different to warrant the use of the word "changed"? more like, re-arranged

PrettyNoose

HSC
nirvana - where did you sleep last night?
haha, nah umm
go for tool - SOBER
or class of '99 - another brick in the wall
i dunnoo...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
linken park are good, but frankly all there songs sound the same
Yeah.. I think the worst band for 'every song sounding identical' though are Matchbox Twenty.. Seriously, I heard a 'cover' they performed once, and it still managed to sound like every other song of theirs.

The best Nirvana song for 'party music' is probably In Bloom. Catchy, and you can call it irony. (He's the one who likes all our pretty songs, and he likes to sing along, and he likes to shoot his gun, but he know not what he means...)

You could always go with;
Godspeed You Black Emperor!-Sleep.
It's so 'cool' few people have heard of it.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PrettyNoose
nirvana - where did you sleep last night?
haha, nah umm
go for tool - SOBER
i dunnoo...
you have a toothpaste for dinner sig!

you should put on grandmaster flash, and then monnie love, and then krs one. and um, brand nubians

Last edited:

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
You could also be 'cool' (By admittedly nerdy standards :D) by putting such tracks as;
The Pixies-Debaser (I think it'd be great to have people singing along to such lines as I am un chien andalusia!.. Or even if not played in 'public', it's The Pixies, can't go wrong..)
Talking Heads-Once In A Lifetime (The lyrics are relevant, and it is extremely catchy.. Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down, into the blue again, after the money's gone.. Once in a lifetime, there is water flowing down..)
DJ Shadow-Midnight In A Perfect World. (For variety's sake.. It's not techno, it's almost instrumental hip-hop, and is very good...)
Massive Attack-Teardrop
Sonic Youth-Teenage Riot

on there. :p

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
oh he's done it again

all of dj shadow's entroducing is sensational, chuck the whole album on i think.
dont know about private press but, it doesnt catch me as much

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PrettyNoose

NOBODY... i repeat NOBODY should be allowed to cover pink floyd songs... its wrong i tells ya.. WRONG!
i would continue my rant and give reasons for my hate of this.. but then i look obsessed and i have a feeling i will explode.....
:burn:

PrettyNoose

HSC
Originally posted by Mojoman
NOBODY... i repeat NOBODY should be allowed to cover pink floyd songs... its wrong i tells ya.. WRONG!
i would continue my rant and give reasons for my hate of this.. but then i look obsessed and i have a feeling i will explode.....
:burn:
hehehehehhe :D I knew any pink floyd would be pissed at that. not even the great layne staley and tom morello are allowed, eh? fine fine, i change it to NIN's perfect drug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)