chloe169

finance yo
HSC
Pierotte said:
shit im sorry.

I know i souldnt whinge.

Its entirely my fault.

And yes, worse things could happen.
oh whinge away if you please, im just trying to make you feel better! i didnt actually get raped, btw. i was just making a point.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Speeding by 45km/h or more is an automatic 6 demerit points, $1550 fine and 6 months suspended licence. But since you were going almost double that it will probably be worse, unless the cop goes easy on you.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
This has alreayd been discussed, he did go easy on her cause she's heaps sxc. The fine is $575 with a 3month suspension and 4 demerit points, which leads to a further 3month suspension.

Pierotte

HSC
minushuman said:
This has alreayd been discussed, he did go easy on her cause she's heaps sxc. The fine is $575 with a 3month suspension and 4 demerit points, which leads to a further 3month suspension.
I sincerely hope youre right.

The whole 3k + fine and possile court stuff is alot less favourable to say the least.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
wow those cops are geting more sneaky, a ute WITH personalised plates...it wasnt " POL-ICE" was it lol :D

at least it looks like you got off reletivly light. but thats counts a reckless driving, so when you get your licence back you are going to be limited to that one passenger thing.

Kirika

HSC
Itll all be over before you know it! and if you;re lucky it will be like where i live, where it takes the police about six months to actually take the licence from you. just dress up real pretty for court and say you're really sorry, and get a little bit teary, itll never happen again and all that stuff. good luck, im sure youll be ok though

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Pierotte said:
I sincerely hope youre right.

The whole 3k + fine and possile court stuff is alot less favourable to say the least.
In your case you should only be asked to go to court if you choose to contest the fine, which I vary much would advise against. If you go to court you'll be looking at a around $1200, and the same amount of suspension.

All this information is available on the RTA's website.

Cheer up but Pierotte, you did something silly, and you've been punished, just learn from last night and move on.

Oh, if you have a legit reason to be driving all the time (only means to get to work or something) then you can have that matter heard in court and you'll get an allowance to drive there and back. Again though you run the risk of the judge cracking the shits because you're a red p-plater and slapping on the much larger fine.

7th Sign

HSC
Yeah true DO NOT GO TO COURT, they will rip you appart the officer who reported you will go their and give evidence the fine will like double if the judge feels like you need to learn a lesson, they will also make you pay court fees.

I know from experience the best way to do it would be to not pay the fine and then leave it to state debt recovery, as soon as it goes to them send them a letter going "I am a poor student with no money can I pay it off in a payment plan or can I have a extension to the fine" When I had my $625 fine they gave me a one year extension. Doing it like this does not effewct your credit rating aswell, sure their might be a few "know it all's" on this forum who think it "deffiantly will" but it does not I have alredy seen my credit history after I payed this fine 6 months ago and its not on their.

Jiga

At the risk of sounding like a total kill-joy, I think that cop who caught you should be suspended..... you were going double the speed limit for a red plater which is not only totally fucking stupid but endangered the lives of every other road user - and he knows you were going that fast because he couldnt keep up with you at 180km/h.

There is no way on this earth that you have the skills to control a vehicle at that speed, you were lucky this time in the sense that no one got hurt, but one day you will end up loosing control and killing yourself (Only hitting the smallest tree will accomplish this) or killing innocent people because you thought it was cool to speed. The sad thing is that you are not cool at all, any half decent car can hit those speeds, the only distinguishing feature though is that most of the drivers behind these cars aernt total morons.

In a decent world, you should have had your P's ripped up on the spot, given a sizeable fine, and be made to go through the whole process of Ls all again because you are obviously not ready to drive by yourself yet.

And just a side note as well, dont get me wrong, we all speed, but doing 180 is ridiculous not only from the point of view that if you get caught you are totally screwed but from the point of view that you dont have anywhere near the experience to drive at such speeds, thats why you are limited to 90 on your red P's etc.

If you have a desire to speed, their are many drag joints where you can race your friends or raceways where you can floor it...... but a public road is not the place to be going 180km/h!

:burn:

EDIT: BTW, its idiots like yourself who make everyone else have to pay shyte loads for insurance because your reckless driving lead to multiple accidents giving young people bag stats + a bad reputation

Last edited by a moderator:

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
7th Sign said:
Yeah true DO NOT GO TO COURT, they will rip you appart the officer who reported you will go their and give evidence the fine will like double if the judge feels like you need to learn a lesson, they will also make you pay court fees.

I know from experience the best way to do it would be to not pay the fine and then leave it to state debt recovery, as soon as it goes to them send them a letter going "I am a poor student with no money can I pay it off in a payment plan or can I have a extension to the fine" When I had my $625 fine they gave me a one year extension. Doing it like this does not effewct your credit rating aswell, sure their might be a few "know it all's" on this forum who think it "deffiantly will" but it does not I have alredy seen my credit history after I payed this fine 6 months ago and its not on their.
The added bonus of doing this is that while they are attempting to recover the money for the fine they cannot take points off you, this will mean you will be serving your 3month speeding suspension before you serve the 3month suspension for losing your points. If you can stall them taking your points till you're 19 then you can go for your greens, and you won't lose all of your license when they deduct them.

It sounds sort of complicated but my friend did this when he lost 4points after being on his red P's for 10months, he rang the RTA and they told him not to pay the fine and to stall as long as possible. He did this and went for his green p plates before paying the fine and never had to serve the 3month suspension that should of gone with the loss of points.

Of course this is no certainty, your situation might be different, i'm just trying to give you an example of how things could play out, in a positive manner.

55psi

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
At the risk of sounding like a total kill-joy, I think that cop who caught you should be suspended..... you were going double the speed limit for a red plater which is not only totally fucking stupid but endangered the lives of every other road user - and he knows you were going that fast because he couldnt keep up with you at 180km/h.

There is no way on this earth that you have the skills to control a vehicle at that speed, you were lucky this time in the sense that no one got hurt, but one day you will end up loosing control and killing yourself (Only hitting the smallest tree will accomplish this) or killing innocent people because you thought it was cool to speed. The sad thing is that you are not cool at all, any half decent car can hit those speeds, the only distinguishing feature though is that most of the drivers behind these cars aernt total morons.

In a decent world, you should have had your P's ripped up on the spot, given a sizeable fine, and be made to go through the whole process of Ls all again because you are obviously not ready to drive by yourself yet.

And just a side note as well, dont get me wrong, we all speed, but doing 180 is ridiculous not only from the point of view that if you get caught you are totally screwed but from the point of view that you dont have anywhere near the experience to drive at such speeds, thats why you are limited to 90 on your red P's etc.

If you have a desire to speed, their are many drag joints where you can race your friends or raceways where you can floor it...... but a public road is not the place to be going 180km/h!

:burn:

EDIT: BTW, its idiots like yourself who make everyone else have to pay shyte loads for insurance because your reckless driving lead to multiple accidents giving young people bag stats + a bad reputation
x2
180km/h is a pretty big feat for a car which a p plater can drive, especially for a girl... And im guessing that the cop was off duty as there are no black utes with personalised plates as being cop cars in Aust. If his car didnt have a speed cam in it, then he doesnt have much evidence about ur speeding, but i could be wrong.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
55psi said:
x2
180km/h is a pretty big feat for a car which a p plater can drive, especially for a girl...
Not at all, my cars speedlimited to 180, but it easily hits it and i'm a p plater. A female could press down hard on the accelerater with the exact same capacity that I do. The difference would be that my car is aerodynamically designed for a good 220 engine speed, its in good nick, with racing suspension and the tyres are rated for 300+, on top of this i'm in all likelyhood better able to deal with the speed then she is.

Still, it's no big feat. Dangerous yes, but big? No.

A current affair made a huge deal not long ago about this male p plater in a ford xr6 getting booked around the 150 - 160 mark on motorways a couple of times yet i'm totally unsure as to why (accept for a possible shock factor with the elderly audience).

Cars are built to reach speeds far in excess of what road conditions and speed restrictions allow, and they are built to do so at the hands of people with even the most basic of skills.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is, the car isn't the issue here, the speed isn't the issue here, gender isn't the issue here... the driver is. All but the most decrepid, run down and rust ridden of old cars are capable of performing better then the person you put behind the wheel.

Pierotte shouldn't have been speeding, but she did, and it was not a big feat in any sense of the term. All she had to do was get behind the wheel of her car and plant her foot down one night. The simplicity of these actions rule the car, and the gender out of the equation.

Pierotte

HSC
... Wow ive angered so many people...

Interesting.

Anyway i figured id update this thread.

Conclusion:

Recieved infringment notice in the mail 2 days ago

$575 for "exceeding 30km/h"

No, im not going to argue it, i was lucky to get such a cushy fine.

Although realistically i could argue it as he had NO evidence of me doing it.

But if i follow it up, and anger the cop he could decide to up the fine.. i mean i could easily be pulled up for negligent driving... im surprised i wasnt.

Maybe its best i stay off the road for a while.

Although i gotta say public transport can be a bitch.
I missed the train by 3 minutes today and as a result was stuck at the statio for 1.5 hrs in 35 degree heat.

Sigh, i spose i only have a couple days left of having a licence.. untill the letter from the RTA comes. I guess that one will outline the loss of points, suspention time (or disqualification) etc etc etc.

I drove to sydney the other day.
Didnt exceed 93 the whole way, even in the 110 areas.
Hahah i used cruise control when i got the urge to just press down.
I swear i was overtaken by atleast 20 P-platers going atleast 130.
But i didnt succumb to the tempatation.
Thats got to be a plus.

Apparently i could get off with only a 3 month suspention as this is my first offence?

Who knows.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
But if i follow it up, and anger the cop he could decide to up the fine.. i mean i could easily be pulled up for negligent driving... im surprised i wasnt.
What? Change his mind? No - he can't do that lolz. You got off easy, but if you really think he has no proof I would still contest it - unless you're rich and don't like driving :/

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Pierotte said:
$575 for "exceeding 30km/h"
Whoa.. you must of impressed the cop somehow =S

more like "exceeding 100" X]

Neways, your folks find out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)