Google Operating System (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Google seems to have a habit of creating awesome stuff.

The google search engine is pure awesomeness, gmail is pure awesomeness, so what if google made an operating system?

My guess is that it'll completely kick microsoft and apple's ass, and i reckon google should make one (or is there one already in development?)

Discuss.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
rumours are rumours. It would make sense either way seeing they have all the apps, they just need an OS to bind it all together. Then they basically own the world.

google uses their own version of ubuntu on their machines anyway.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
If google's OS is half as good as it's search engine, then bye bye microsoft and appple.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Probably will jump on this bandwagon if it happens.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Google's not about making an operating system though, it's about making the operating system as we know it redundant by bringing everything into webapps.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Google's not about making an operating system though, it's about making the operating system as we know it redundant by bringing everything into webapps.
But it'd still help to have an operating system that accelerates this goal.

Which, tbh, I think is what Android is. You can call it an OS for phones all you want, but the fact is it was built from an OS environment for desktops (Linux + Java). Netbook makers are already experimenting with getting it running on netbooks. The app store seems a real treat.

And yes, Google uses their own Linux distro internally.

I think I'll stick with Ubuntu for a long time to come, but it's fascinating to see just how much sway the Google brand would have in the OS market. And all the people above praising a Google OS they don't even know exists yet? They do so without even knowing it would be free.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Google is inexperienced at Operating Systems, we won't see one for a while. If they build on the linux kernel, then what's the point of another Distro? We already have Ubuntu, and it doesn't take much effort to integrate google into any OS today.

Android is their OS.

Google was the love child of two pimply teens, a spare computer in their garage and a need to complete their diploma.

I think those two teens could do what ever they want to do and make it very good.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Google was the love child of two pimply teens, a spare computer in their garage and a need to complete their diploma.

I think those two teens could do what ever they want to do and make it very good.
Which is funny because I don't think either one has completed his PhD.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
they dont need to, they own one of the best companies in the world.

all they need to do now is to make an OS for pc's, and rule the world.

ratcher0071

HSC
Google seems to have a habit of creating awesome stuff.

The google search engine is pure awesomeness, gmail is pure awesomeness, so what if google made an operating system?

My guess is that it'll completely kick microsoft and apple's ass, and i reckon google should make one (or is there one already in development?)

Discuss.
Google search engine
Gmail
Google Chrome
Go to google.com.au > click more > click even more > see how many products they have. It seems that google is trying to dominate the internet. Imo that's there main focus. They'll probably leave OS's to Microsoft and Apple. But if Google does rule ze world wide web :haha: than it could probably be a matter of time. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)