Great places to eat and fun things to do near UTS (1 Viewer)

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Great places to eat and fun things to do nearby UTS

As a first year student and city virgin can anyone help?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
eat : broadway,ogalos,oporto,market city, and of course maccas,kfc,bk outside the station.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
if you want a cheap & yummy & FILLING lunch, go to mamma's kitchen.. it's at the broadway shopping centre, right on the street there, cheap plates of yummy pasta for like $3.50 or soemthing/... and their herb bread is GODLY

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
food: mai thai, inside bar broadway. six dollar thai lunches. if you're poor, fried rice from alice's on level 3. also, there's a cool sushi place near the maccas opp. railway square. they have specials from about 4 or 5 onwards.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Market City, Darling Harbour, Chinatown, Broadway, sit in Victoria Park (if you need to see grass, which is so lacking at UTS!), jump on a bus outside UTS and you will be in the middle of the city in minutes... there you can check out Pitt St Mall, QVB, Myer etc... or catch the bus to circular quay/the rocks and take in the scenery... pancakes on the rocks....

All of this is not that far from UTS :)

Tenax, I thought you were a Sydneysider! How can you not know all this lol!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
There's a Mamma's Kitchen in Market City too, perfect for people in buildings 4, 5 and 6 (Science, Business, Law, Education or DAB) since it's closer than Broadway.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Market City, Darling Harbour, Chinatown, Broadway, sit in Victoria Park (if you need to see grass, which is so lacking at UTS!), jump on a bus outside UTS and you will be in the middle of the city in minutes... there you can check out Pitt St Mall, QVB, Myer etc... or catch the bus to circular quay/the rocks and take in the scenery... pancakes on the rocks....

All of this is not that far from UTS :)

Tenax, I thought you were a Sydneysider! How can you not know all this lol!
lolz.....i was amazed to see how much u knew Ash....I dont even know all that and i live in sydney...i dont even know where the broadway and marketcity shopping centres are! :(

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
food: mai thai, inside bar broadway. six dollar thai lunches. if you're poor, fried rice from alice's on level 3. also, there's a cool sushi place near the maccas opp. railway square. they have specials from about 4 or 5 onwards.
no way, don't go to alice's! my friends (incidentally, your cousin tom) all got stomach cramps after eating bad food from there!

HSC
um for a mad cheap lunch...just go down to china town and get 2-3 bbq pork buns...and get a drink....thats 5 bucks!

umm...yeah broadway is like too outta the way. cbf.

market city...or sussex centre if you want. normal chinatown stuff (like superbowl). errrmmmmmm yum cha! how can i forget! lol thats a great place to eat but i havent been during uni...lack of $$$.

errrrrrrmmmm. oh if you cbf, go to broadway, but dont go into broadway centre. go pass rebel along broadway/parraroad. and youll see a vietnamese bread shop! ~$2 for a breadroll (think 7=8" subway but thicker). and yeah get a drink from wherever.

yeah thats all thats coming to my mind!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
no way, don't go to alice's! my friends (incidentally, your cousin tom) all got stomach cramps after eating bad food from there!
eh, it's not that bad.
rice can't kill you, and it fills you up.
but yeah. i never eat anything from alice's except the rice.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've been to Mamma's Kitchen twice in the last week. Who are they trying to convince with the green and red chairs? There is no "Mamma". They are not Italian. Italians don't give you a spoon and fork.

That aside, the food is cheap and sufficient. Well, relatively cheap. The taste...uni students can't afford to complain about taste. :p

Last edited:

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
mm.. i dont think the food is really that cheap but.. except for hte cheese pizza and below average pasta... everything is expensive and not gr8 tasting ... :p like the semi-warm chocolate milkshake i had was like super expensive blehhhck~never again ~

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, like I said I've only been twice, and the people I go with are International Students and rich people from Seaforth.

Considering my rate of buying food is between 0 and 1 events per week, my judgement is not what you seek. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)