GREAT. uni cut-offs on the rise. (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
do arts ...and do ....um...politics...history...or a language...or maybe a subject out of the commerce faculty like macro or micro economics
yes well you see asqy those subjects arent very.... me? i mean not that i KNOW what im interested in but definitely not those :D come on commerce? politics... sorry asq but they would be like the last on my choice of things to do... :D i was thinking more along the lines of um english and.... i have no idea... nothing seems too interesting... whats sociology? and whats linguistics? my english teacher did it and she LOVED it... said i would too... didnt get time for her to explain it to me... all i know is that is has SOMETHING to do with language

how many subjects do you choose??? in first year that is?
and also... what sort of qualifications and recognition etc do you get from doing just Arts? is it a completely pointless course?

Last edited:

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
and whats linguistics? my english teacher did it and she LOVED it... said i would too... didnt get time for her to explain it to me... all i know is that is has SOMETHING to do with language

NO ONE loves linguistics. DON'T do it.

mullet

I second that spin spin ... I speak from experience ...

I'm here procrastinating instead of doing my linguistics assignment which is due tomorrow. It's boring the pants off me.

It basically goes into all this crap about language that no one wants to know and no one cares about. Wayyy to much detail. It's really hard and really pointless. I snooze at the back of the lecture theatre twice a week. And as for the tutorials ... they are even more boring ...

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hmmm well i guess linguistics is a no no then... thanks for your advice people.... are you doing it for all 3 years mullet?
hmm sociology sounds interesting :D guess guys would do it just for all the girls ay...
nahh not thinking about psychology... i dont think that is even offered in the normal BA and im not smart enough to get into a psychology course... ie get over 94....
no exams sounds good however im not gonna do a subject just for that reason and be bored shitless... :D what history is it though? as in modern, ancient or just history in general....

there was a time i was really considering the BA media and cultural studies but im not sure... dont really know whats involved and i heard from my friends sister that cultural studies is horrible because she has to do it in one of her courses... in music or something like that...however from what i have read it sounds interesting.. but who knows

so asqy do you change subjects every year? every symester or what? as in... can you spend your whole 3 years in BA doing totally diff subjects each year or do you have to continue with the ones you are doing... do u know what i mean

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
lol my friend is interested in linguistics! she did it for her 4u english.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Da Monstar
one field where the cut-off WONT rise - IT / software
Hopefully you are right, for 2003/4 :p

T

taketheredone

Originally posted by *~Dazed~*

and i dont understand how people can know exactly what they want... im so envious of all of you who do... who have a course you want based on the career you are aiming for... man i envy you very very much
2003 job guide
http://jobguide.detya.gov.au/

Kittycat

HSC
Hell...I real pissed off now? scale back nearly 7000 HECS places in the next 3 years? this will kill off many people's hopes of getting in to uni. oh man... now I am getting worried that I may not get in.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
inequality is an accepted idiosyncracy of economic progression :D

even a poor bugger like me knows that
its motivation to study harder and beat the rich kids :D

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
inequality is an accepted idiosyncracy of economic progression :D

even a poor bugger like me knows that
its motivation to study harder and beat the rich kids :D
*sign* true true true...must head back to study and hoped for the best

is a roflcopter
HSC
anyway back to Japanese studies! :p
anyone interested in doing it with me ? :(

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
I won't begin to disect the misinformation in that last post.
lala la la okay...maybe I was wrong about a number of things...hmmm...I would edit it if you tell me (by pm of course)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)