Guy question: how do i make my hair do this (pic) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Heya, i wouldnt mind growing my hair a bit and making it look like the attached pic. Problem is that every time i grow it, it just goes up and becomes all puffy (no, not poofy. well maybe a bit of that). If its short I look GangstA - well not really. But you know. I'm all emo and stuff. Emo is teh cool. Sometimes i touch myself at night.

So, without further ado: how do i make my hair mopy. Whilst growing it to this length and not having it shoot up like a mushroom.
See attached image and also my sig.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Dude, its probably a good thing you dont know how to do that. Try to keep it that way.

tempco

HSC
Grobus said:
Dude, its probably a good thing you dont know how to do that. Try to keep it that way.
yeh, that's about right.

but if you really want to, i'm guessing it has something to do with hairspray+hairdryer.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
talk to a hairstylist or store that focuses primarily on hair products ( eg. price attack )

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no, its just that no other hair type suits me much. A couple of girls have exclaimed "hey, you should get your hair to one side like those emo guys. i think itd suit you a lot more. you should be able to manage it with your hair."
I'm not particularly doing it to follow a trend. I'm more doing it to not look like a westy.

I'm not particularly emo myself (the initial post was more cynical 'i'm emo'.) Hell, i think that the sex pistols shirt I'm wearing now, the rise against shirt yesterday and random skate brand shirt the day before are an indication that I'm not particularly trying to conform to that.

I'm also getting an eyebrow ring and i think it would look pretty gosh darn snazzy poking out from my hair.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
oh and stas, i reckon you'd look stupid with hair like that.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
thats why i dont like emo hair cuts... went to see this local emo band play and all these emo dressed guys were getting dared to kiss each other and they were doing it!

HIDEOUS!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
thats why i dont like emo hair cuts... went to see this local emo band play and all these emo dressed guys were getting dared to kiss each other and they were doing it!

HIDEOUS!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I'm trying to think of a pun linking emo to gay but can't think of one.
Oh wait. Emo? More like Geymo

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I'm trying to think of a pun linking emo to gay but can't think of one.
Oh wait. Emo? More like Geymo
shocker...
we had an "e" night party back home and i went as an emo
girls were trying to make me kiss home coz they thought i was a legit emo
bad times

stazi

Nightman
HSC
e party as in rave party. or e party as in "e" party where you dress up as something beginning with the letter e. like an erect penis.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
e party as in rave party. or e party as in "e" party where you dress up as something beginning with the letter e. like an erect penis.
e like erect penis
somebody dressed up as that funnily enough

sugared plum

HSC
soha said:
i like that kind of style
yeah i like it too,

i think don't have all the products to get it that way, just grow it long, from the crown of your head. you just gotta experiment. if you're going to hair dresser make sure it's a uneven/messy cut, not razor or thinning scissors necessarily. and have cool hats ready for bad hair days etc.
re product: use some kind of serum stuff just to keep your hair non puffy - not wax or anything gluggly, cos then you won't have that soft, free look or feeling when people touch your hair etc. i recommend kms silker therapy, but there are many available obviously. if you have to blow dry every day to get the look, you might re consider if it's not convenient for you to have to do that. depends on yr hair/you

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
hmm I'm not too keen on it either.... but if you want it like that maybe you should take the pic to the hairdressers so they have a idea of what you want and they will cut your hair so you can do your hair like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)