• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Guy vs. Missy (3 Viewers)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
their both being hypocritical.
but at the same time, I agree with Guy to some extent, there is no 'right' way to enter the industry and Missy in that Idol is essentially a kareoke talent contest (albeit one that yields better singers than my local pub)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Unearthed 'unearths' musicians, not people with a 'decent' voice... Guy kind of bucks the Idol trend seeing as though he was a musician (singing teacher, right?) prior to Idol, though.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I see the argument Guy is putting forward.

But I love missy, her song writing, her beautiful strong voice...

And I don't like Guy.

(Is ranting again)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hmmmmmm

i see where they're coming from

but in the end guy has written his own original material as well? it doesn't mean he's any less talented as an artist.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
missy higgins won unearthed, what, two, three years ago? she only just put out her debut album. that's a long time to be forgotten, yet she has been quite the success. guy won a tv show watched my millions, put out an album a week later, and has already been forgotten. i guess you get bitter when you have no talent

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
farrout.. that Kingsmill guy is a wanker. Idol, Unearthed, whatever.. they're all just outlets for getting recognition for your music. Just cos Guy won Idol, doesn't mean he's any less a musician.. even if he wasn't on the show, he would've been discovered somewhere else cos he's actually talented, unique & writes his own songs unlike the other wanker Shannon Noll. Now HE'S a good example of a karaoke cover singer.

/end rant

and missy looks like an ugly hobo whatever hair she has.

Last edited:

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
missy > guy.

judging by some of the stuff i have heard from guy, that he has suposedly 'written' i can see exactly why he cant understand the difference between unearthed and idol... an i mean, from that article it shows the number of cd's sold in the debut week ... if missy can manage to outsell that tool without having a massive publicity stunt at the ARIA's the day before releasing an album(ie. guy), she is here to stay. the little girls that are currently buying guy's albums will grow out of it/have grown out of it, so he will definitely be forgotten :)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i don't get it. 99.9% of people last yr were rooting for Guy to win idol... and now a yr later 99.9% of people are dissing him. he hasn't changed to me, if anything he's gotten better. what's the deal ? =/

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
Annegelic said:
i don't get it. 99.9% of people last yr were rooting for Guy to win idol... and now a yr later 99.9% of people are dissing him. he hasn't changed to me, if anything he's gotten better. what's the deal ? =/
you bloody virgins always root for each other. how fuckin ironic

HSC
Annegelic said:

their just insecure and don't know shit about music only superficially.

Guy's talented, just because he came out of a reality tv show a pop idol doesn't mean he is any less talented..

Missy's talented too but i can't stand her songs, she'll be forgotten soon enough, i saw her in concert opening for john butler and she wasn't THAT great...singing wise..

fantasia

HSC
i'd go for guy. i mean he was a music teacher beforehand and also wrote his own songs. so whats makes it different to how missy higgins was discovered?

Guy hasnt been around the last year not because he's been forgotten but because he was working in the US on his new album, something this time which wasnt created in a week. he spent a whole year working on the project.

i mean he's working with big name artists such as brian mcknight and theres a track on his album where he duets with Mya. i mean big name stars dont want to work with guy for no reason... he's got talent. Missy higgins will only be popular in australia.. and thats where it ends for her.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
their just insecure and don't know shit about music only superficially.

Guy's talented, just because he came out of a reality tv show a pop idol doesn't mean he is any less talented..

Missy's talented too but i can't stand her songs, she'll be forgotten soon enough, i saw her in concert opening for john butler and she wasn't THAT great...singing wise..

you have to be joking having a rant about musicians being superficial and guy sebastian being a pop star

and personally i dont think he's that talented making pop songs- even if i did like that crap wisen up because if ur willing to goto a jbt concert why would you not like missy higgins as opposed to guy?

in the long run i think missy higgins has more potential to stick around and make a career of it all in australia. after all her music is what it is....while pop music is about global domination by any means usually by exploiting ppl thru the medium of television on a show thats backed by ppl who want money quick

while guy sebastion will be like all the other "celebrities" channel 10 produces every year and will fade away or ppl will not care as much. lets face it the music industry is tough and missy has made it while guy had it easy- thats why there is resentment

fantasiai said:
mean he's working with big name artists such as brian mcknight and theres a track on his album where he duets with Mya. i mean big name stars dont want to work with guy for no reason... he's got talent. Missy higgins will only be popular in australia.. and thats where it ends for her.
to say someone is better because being a pop star allows you more freedom in appealing to a wasteful demographic isnt a reason why missy higgins won't make it- lots of artist that should make it, dont sadly because we get told what to listen to by tv and radio

thats my rant against guy, thank god the other idols wont make it. not even the other "idols" from other countries have made it and are still popular to this day- thats why they had 3 or 4 of them over 2 or 3yrs in the usa...one quick fix after another kindof like a junkie to some meth. fucking pathetic gutter material

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I see the argument Guy is putting forward.

But I love missy, her song writing, her beautiful strong voice...

And I don't like Guy.

(Is ranting again)
totally agree with ur_inner_child on this one

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Missy actually looks hot in that photo, unlike that film clip.

Girls, dont cut your hair.

Edit: I also concur with sportsgal.

HSC
missy's a talent dont get me wrong

but im just saying that just because guy has been 'packaged' doesn't mean he ain't talented, he has a voice, a pretty darn good one, he was a music teacher, he can write songs pretty good 'my beautiful friend'

and wtf are you calling a 'wasteful demographic' Working with Brian Mc'Knight is working with one of the most talented individuals in the R&B industry ever, he writes, sings his fkn heart out, and produces songs...his a legend, Mya ain't that much of a talent though ill give ya that, but shes on the same label it was prob the execs who put together that collaboration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)